Chat is unnecessary for PS4

The majority of games don’t have it, if people want to talk they can do so by using PS4 own communication systems. Currently what everyone uses, simply if someone wants to chat with someone they send a friend request and invite them to their private session.

In addition PS4 has community pages, people chat their all the time. Chat box is intrusive and attracts problems...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2020, 12:11:42 AM
Totaly disagree it only enhances the games experience.
Are you new to the game? I say that because you are talking like a SSF or new player. Chat is big impact to the game. Totally disagree with you.
I play both but social games like fortnite, Destiny, Anthem etc... Meta game players we use mic not chat.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
for trade you will need chat, for sharing portals you need chat, for sharing lab trials you will need chat.. to help the community you will need ingame chat.. (xbox and ps4)

What I miss most is NPC text in chat. There's so much we miss out on, especially in hectic fragmented memories or Piety's lines. (I'm playing with a new player)
It also seems like the game doesn't have a way to report "Failed to join instance" type messages?
... is not a troll
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
for trade you will need chat, for sharing portals you need chat, for sharing lab trials you will need chat.. to help the community you will need ingame chat.. (xbox and ps4)

Trade: PS4 we have an Auction house players set prices; done, no need to haggle. There’s absolutely no reason for anyone to communicate about trading. If someone wants to talk about a trade send the person a friend request once accepted you can send messages or talk on mic. No more bullshit from chat or trolling sellers or buyers.

Sharing portals: Team should be on mic, so much faster...

Helping the community: You don’t need chat, want to help PoE then set up a community on PS4 network super easy. You can title it PoE for new players. You can even say on PS4 "add me to friends."

Chat is not necessary, I’ve owned Ps4 for years, never have I ever used chat for any games. Always been on mic. We have a bulletin board for events GGG all they have to do is one thing; connect the events with Ps4 party chat.

Chat is useless for console... It takes forever to type something in chat.

You can even set up a community showcasing your items for sale. PS4 has numerous community resources... Chat is a waste of valuable resources.

Edit: Almost forget if you join a party your mic should be automatically enabled in PoE

Example:

There’s a party posted on the bulletin board, the creator gets a message "_____ joined party" Once you join the party you should be able to see a tiny speaker icon next to your portrait, green it’s on faded off its off... Simple freaking simple....

Not just for bulletins but for anyone you see near you, go up to them ask to join voila, "hi can you hear me I like your mtx walk in a circle if you can hear me". Person doesn’t have a mic send a friend request chat using ps4 messaging system...

Last edited by solwitch on Mar 31, 2019, 6:08:51 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
I play both but social games like fortnite, Destiny, Anthem etc... Meta game players we use mic not chat.

Sadly, you can not talk with whole ingame community with your mic in any game. So, yes. Chat is a must for some games like PoE.
I miss the chat from pc, so I keep poe running on my laptop to scan chat while I play on ps4. I've grown accustomed to a chat window from playing so many mmo's over the years like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars etc. It's a no pressure connection to a live feed that offers invaluable advice and help.

I text chat and communication wouldn't be important. There wouldn't be any discord servers for the console version or facebook groups. There are many people who prefer written chat over voice.

Ofc voice is more efficient, but also only if you understand your counterpart.

And for anyone who cares about chat, console also supports keyboards, so does poe (for text input already).

I use a keyboard, just for the Text Filters right now, as i dont want to type with the controller.

So sharing trials, completing the atlas, trading could be much better over chat. Tradeboard works in some cases quite well, but its behind a paywall. (that might be a reason, why we didnt have chat in the first place, to make trading so much harder, that people have to buy premium stash)

And OP, why do you think you can speak for the whole community, just because you dont want a chat. There wouldn't be so many requests here, if everyone would agree with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info