[3.8] Cold Voidfletcher Pathfinder or Deadeye

"
Mephotis wrote:
Not sure if i'm allowed to ask this here, but what would you say is the difference(PROS/CONS) of your build VS "Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)" @ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2134091

Like in terms of Cost, Speed, Single Target, Mapping Speed etc

Trying to find a perfect Voidfletcher build for myself, not trying to see which build is 'best'

His is more jewel oriented, so if you don't have good jewels it will get harder to scale. Also he chose a few different key nodes, but the tree is quite similar, so it's more of a skill and item choice. If you are on a budget you'll probably fare better with the hyrri's chest and life on the tree, for instance. He also chose to use the ice shot jewel, but overall they are quite similar in terms of performance, since most voidfletcher builds scale the same things.
Is it possible to not go point blank and replace Barrage with with Tornado Shot for bossing? I know this defeats the idea of this build you created but i just hate using barrage and prefers to stay at far range as preference.
Last edited by icel3oi on Jun 10, 2019, 3:17:37 PM
"
icel3oi wrote:
Is it possible to not go point blank and replace Barrage with with Tornado Shot for bossing? I know this defeats the idea of this build you created but i just hate using barrage and prefers to stay at far range as preference.

Sure, but it wont be quite as big of a burst, you will be doing sustained dps then. It is not a bad choice on that note though.
Just used your build currently level 64, would like to give a huge thanks to the author i've been enjoying it.

Just a question, for Legion this league specifically, Would Tornado shot be better to clear the Legion or still ice Shot? Since they spawn in a large circle fashion.

Also, my ice shot can't one shot yellow elites yet while leveling but my tornado shot can(because i shoot it near the yellow mob), both are 6-linked Death Opus+Voidfletcher with GMP-Crit-ElementalAtk-Chain-Mirage. I keep swapping between tornado and ice but tornado generally feels better and provides a larger screen clear, not sure why is ice shot the preferred mapping skill for most Voidfletcher builds.
Last edited by Mephotis on Jun 11, 2019, 10:46:51 AM
"
Mephotis wrote:
Just used your build currently level 64, would like to give a huge thanks to the author i've been enjoying it.

Just a question, for Legion this league specifically, Would Tornado shot be better to clear the Legion or still ice Shot? Since they spawn in a large circle fashion.

Also, my ice shot can't one shot yellow elites yet while leveling but my tornado shot can(because i shoot it near the yellow mob), both are 6-linked Death Opus+Voidfletcher with GMP-Crit-ElementalAtk-Chain-Mirage. I keep swapping between tornado and ice but tornado generally feels better and provides a larger screen clear, not sure why is ice shot the preferred mapping skill for most Voidfletcher builds.

Since I didn't play this build in legion yet, I can't say for sure about the TS vs Ice Shot for the encounters, but once you have enough damage and Chains I don't see why the Ice Shot wouldn't do enough damage with the Voidfletcher's arrows. Once you get enough investment (Dying Sun+TS enchant) Tornado Shot probably clears the screen better, but Ice Shots also provides utility in the form of full conversion to cold, so you can run phys reflect maps, and the Freezes/Chill, and also benefits from the area from Deadeye Ascendancy and/or Dying Sun.
That being said the guide is more of a general cold bow build, focusing on the Voidfletcher quiver, so no matter the skill you use as an activator it'll perform well (Barrage simply allows for instant discharge), it's more of a preference and item choice (enchant mostly, since even links are similar). Even I played with Lightning Arrow instead of Ice Shot for a long time.
CWDT+Immortal Call nerfed so bad, I think ima manual press Steelskin, not sure what CWDT+defensive to put.
Last edited by icel3oi on Jun 11, 2019, 3:43:53 PM
So what is watcher's better precision multi or hatred base crit chance?
I have basically everything in the build besides elder ring(level gated), just wondering if replacing GMP with Added Cold Damage would be a better choice as it boosts iceshot DPS by alot(almost double), since dying sun + death opus already shooting out 5 projectiles.
"
icel3oi wrote:
I have basically everything in the build besides elder ring(level gated), just wondering if replacing GMP with Added Cold Damage would be a better choice as it boosts iceshot DPS by alot(almost double), since dying sun + death opus already shooting out 5 projectiles.

Yes, actually, you can replace the Chain support too, since you can use the Ice Shot pierce jewel on the tree. That way Ice Shot itself will hit like a truck.
"
MaxOloloshka wrote:
So what is watcher's better precision multi or hatred base crit chance?

Since you get a lot of crit multi from the bow I would think the base crit is better, but you will have to test on your character on pob. Also in terms of pure dps the flat added watchers eye is superior to the crit chance. And precision is flat mana reserved so you could use both even and remove herald of ice, or use a level 1 precision and the jewel.
On my pob the 3 are pretty similar (precision is 10%, flat cold is 11% and base crit is 9.6%).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info