Camera angle too steep

First of all I would like to thank you all for the time put into offering a FREE game. I played the beta this weekend and enjoyed the game play and the top notch graphics. The thing that bothered me the most was the angle of the isometric camera. It seemed too "steep" as if I were looking directly down onto the player and could only view a few yards in front of me. I'm thinking a zoom-out feature would work great.

Thanks for reading.
The zoom that the game currently has is ok but i guess it wouldn't hurt to have a zoom in/zoom out feature.

However, about the camera angle: i also think it's a little too steep. A good feature would be to have two keys assigned for increasing and decreasing the camera angle (bring the camera closer to the sky / bring the camera closer to the ground while the character you're playing is in the center of the screen at all times).
If this was Raster like the diablo games, you guys would be out of luck. For me, I noticed that especially in darker areas I would start to strain my eyes, too much going on in too little a space and keeping the map up made it worse.
]
Maybe a bit more ambient lighting and some more distinction from ground and enemies.
i agree that the camera angle should be reworked, but i really like the fixed camera system in terms of gameplay. not to mention pvp-related issues with a moveable camera.
I thought the camera angle was off a little bit, but once I started playing and actually enjoying the game, it basically faded from my mind. Interested to see if the DEVs actually make adjustments on final release.
The viewable area is kinda important in that if the view angle is lower, the viewable space beneath the player character would be a lot lower than the viewable space above.
That suck when the level requires you to go from top to bottom.
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
Last edited by Joel_GGG on Apr 4, 2012, 12:01:25 AM
yeah that sucks but most of the people would like to have a bit wider view. ability to pull camera a bit higher and get more vision would be awesome

Also tried playign in camera zoomed in. its amazing experience. In my opinion it would be amazing feature to give us control of it and ability to move it behind character, playing like this gives a lot of fun, however u must go to NORTH to see monsters in adequate time:/

I think if it would be a custom feature for even 200 points i would spent them on it.
Game is so detailed and this kind of play gives amazing experience. so its my little dream to get more control of camera and can fully play cyclone guy:D
TY GGG for this game
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
"
Evil_Kon wrote:
yeah that sucks but most of the people would like to have a bit wider view. ability to pull camera a bit higher and get more vision would be awesome

Also tried playign in camera zoomed in. its amazing experience. In my opinion it would be amazing feature to give us control of it and ability to move it behind character, playing like this gives a lot of fun, however u must go to NORTH to see monsters in adequate time:/

I think if it would be a custom feature for even 200 points i would spent them on it.
Game is so detailed and this kind of play gives amazing experience. so its my little dream to get more control of camera and can fully play cyclone guy:D
TY GGG for this game

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info