Negate EXP Loss from Game Crashes

In its current state, console (playing normal PS4) is unplayable end game. I have around 15 crashes per day and during most of those crashes, my character dies. Anyone who's been lvl 80+ knows the frustration of losing exp. I recommend that if the game crashes while your character is alive, then you shouldn't lose exp. Let there be a ~3-5 second rollback window for characters that crash. Right now, the game is WAY too unstable to play with an exp penalty.
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2019, 8:07:25 PM
+1 and please add a "Cast on crash" support gem to link with portal gem
"
goth31 wrote:
+1 and please add a "Cast on crash" support gem to link with portal gem

Smart stuff, the only problem is that you wont be able to use the portal :)
I mean it would help when you log in back to start where you crashed but this topic was about xp loss
First, GGG would need to be able to distinguish an "accidental" crash from one created on purpose. It's a dumb situation. Personally, I think that the SC Death Penalty needs some tuning down starting somewhere around level 90 but that's always been a non-starter. I think that GGG takes the "purity" of their game quite seriously.

So I am sympathetic to your plight, but not that hopeful regarding any changes.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
First, GGG would need to be able to distinguish an "accidental" crash from one created on purpose. It's a dumb situation. Personally, I think that the SC Death Penalty needs some tuning down starting somewhere around level 90 but that's always been a non-starter. I think that GGG takes the "purity" of their game quite seriously.

So I am sympathetic to your plight, but not that hopeful regarding any changes.

They should remove death penalty from the game until they sort the issues with crashing. At least until it's less frequent. Act 8 and 9 crash constantly. Then there's the issues with constant fps drops in groups. I'm patient, and I understand they're working on it. But with all the issues on consoles right now I don't see why they can't meet us in the middle. I enjoy the difficulty of the game. I like the penalties and even the massive debuff to resistances. But when you're constantly dying due to frame loss and crashes, not so much.
I am trying to level up from 90 to 91. I can't do it because of many crashes in a day and each time I am taking -10% experience penalty while I was still alive when the game crashes. Please remove -10% experience penalty for standard non legion members. Since I am not trying to participate to get any items from the standard legion. I just want to enjoy the game and make my character to level 100 to end game. It is too much pain trying to recover every crash, it took hours of playing to make that 10%. Thank you.
agreed. we are punished with minus HOURS Of gameplay and PILES of currency because 90% of the time GGG didn't make the game to run well on xbox. So we get punished because the game crashes, lag-freezes, or desyncs. not fair, and it causes people to stop giving a crap about your game Ggg. it's really bad. It's not a small issue.
Is the development manifesto´s 1st point still up to date? I can only suggest why we get not adressed with our issues nor any answers...They are not fixable...

Same as in Neverwinter. 4 years of rubberbanding and still no fix, cause they cant..^^
Well they could give us the OPTION to choose our networking client connection type. Predictive vs. Lockstep. From what I can tell we are all using predictive mode and that is what is causing our desync deaths. If we could switch to lockstep then the actions from the player are acknowledged like a TCP connection rather than a UDP. The downside to this is given that every action requires an ACK it will stutter a lot for players with poor latency to the server. It would however prevent most if not all desync deaths.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info