3.6.3 Hotfix

Around 9hrs ago, server was down for maintenance, when it got back, it updated around 1gb of file ..was this about that?
Great! Now fix the problem where you reintroduced betrayal encounter lag and timeouts.
"
MFairfax wrote:
There was a tiny download waiting of 8 mb. It took over an hour to download and install. On Steam also Grim Dawn had an update of 60 Mb.

It took over an hour to download and install 8 mb for POE. It took less than 30 seconds to download and install the much larger update.

OVER AN HOUR FOR 8 MB!!!!!

eah. most of the time isn't the download. They have a giantic file and steam isn't able to change the file without decoding it or something like that. I think with smaller but more files it would be faster.
"
oldkingcoal wrote:
Great! Now fix the problem where you reintroduced betrayal encounter lag and timeouts.
just get rid of betrayal and be done with it
Yesterday I faced ~15 disconnects and ~25 5-sec freezes in ~8-10 hours of playing. And not even half of them were against betrayals. I have a fresh 240GB SSD for poe and my OS, also my pc is super good for poe, no lags or fps drops usually. I also use mid settings, not ultra.

My friend faced almost the same problem. But he had disconnects even more often.

I play softcore but still -10% exp when u are above 93lvl is significant and when I have 5-sec freeze running map its 99% im dead after freeze ends. Also its just super annoying :(
> Added minimum level requirements to various Distant Memories and rewards.

Any specifics?
"
MFairfax wrote:
There was a tiny download waiting of 8 mb. It took over an hour to download and install. On Steam also Grim Dawn had an update of 60 Mb.

It took over an hour to download and install 8 mb for POE. It took less than 30 seconds to download and install the much larger update.

Because their shit game is basically 1 file, this pos unpacks everything for every 1 mb update and then packs everything back. That's also why this pos requires 2x hdd space than it takes itself.

GGG, delete your gaem from work pcs, delete all the assets. It's dead.

"
MaxEXA wrote:
Patch downloaded in a few seconds.

Syndicate freeze can be almost completely removed if you install poe on SSD.

Good to know. You can also completely remove syndicate freeze by replacing shit code with good code.
Last edited by Black__Dawn on Mar 28, 2019, 2:56:56 AM
"
Black__Dawn wrote:
"
MFairfax wrote:

Because their shit game is basically 1 file, this pos unpacks everything for every 1 mb update and then packs everything back. That's also why this pos requires 2x hdd space than it takes itself.

GGG, delete your gaem from work pcs, delete all the assets. It's dead.

"
MaxEXA wrote:
Patch downloaded in a few seconds.

Syndicate freeze can be almost completely removed if you install poe on SSD.

Good to know. You can also completely remove syndicate freeze by replacing shit code with good code.

Whooooa there buddy. If you're so masterful, then make your own action RPG game. It can't be that difficult to make a working ARPG, right? Not to mention one so vast and massive as this one, especially when you've changed employees since the beginning in which they need to be retaught what goes where and what doesn't.

Instead of slinging insults, how about offering advice on how to fix this problem, fix the coding, and fix the lag. :) Can you do that? Or are you just going to insult people and whine all day until you get your way like a spoiled child who knows nothing of the complexities of the problem they're whining about.

Game development isn't as easy as 'look at code, find problem, fix it.' Sometimes you also got to release with bugs due to deadlines (The leagues for example are on a deadline).

The other problem is, you're the minority. Thousands don't care about the problems or patch speed, they are content with it.

So chill your horses, if you don't like it go play another ARPG. There are plenty on the market, and at least this one is free and not pay to win.
I can report that this last update did NOT fix any problems. My only problem is the disconnect. It can happen in my hideout, it can happen in combat, it can happen anytime anyplace and seems to not have any indicators.

After taking an hour to download the last 8mb file I went into the game in Washington DC my nearest server. Played about 10 minutes and crashed in town selling stuff.

Came back went to Texas and played about 7 minutes, crashed as I walked towards my destination. Went back into California and crashed there within a minute. Was viewing my stash.

All this prior to 3am in Washington dc. Smallest load of the day. Steam shows about 45K play during busy times of the day. When I crashed there was about 14k online with steam.

Come on GGG. I just want to play the game. I don't care about the league anymore. I still haven't made the last act. Why? Constant neverending ever present eternal crashes.

This is very very annoying. As a side I have NOT bought anything from the game in over 8 months. Why? Cause I want 6 days playtime before I commit myself to any more money.

Why does this game have to be run in so horrible a fashion. Why why??? Tearing my hair out in exapersation!
"
Piros wrote:
"
HoangBoss wrote:
increase boss spawning rate in nexus pls, hanven't encountered any of them, and still don't know how to encounter them

The Nexus can spawn up to 19 reward tiles (the ones with chests to open or mods to add to other tiles) and 1 boss tile.

Before: tiles spawned when you placed tiles.
New: tiles spawn when you complete a memory out in the world.

Strategy: run enough tiles to spawn 19 reward tiles. Now, almost the only thing that can happen is for a boss tile to spawn when the trigger is checked. Occasionally an old reward tile will be replaced with a new one elsewhere to avoid impossible to reach areas. Now every time you complete a tile in the world, nothing happens or a boss spawns. Bosses are tiles that look similar to reward tiles, but have totem-y things in place of hovering icons on them.

Hope this helps... I've spawned a couple quite easily, but if you're not paying attention, you won't notice they're there...

Thank you, that actually helped me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info