[3.12] Necromantic Scribe - [Fun Playstyle] [6.5k Life] [5mil boss dps]

Ohhhh nvm i totaly overlooked the 30 dex up there *blush* :x
Can i play this in HC ?
"
thyraa wrote:
Can i play this in HC ?

I'm not sure, I haven't tried it. I don't see why it wouldn't work though - just be more careful with levelling and transitioning the build. Once you have LGoH in the links it should feel a lot better.

Also if you haven't played Legion yet, the legion mobs tend to hit quite hard and can 1-shot. This build has quite a few layers of defense (blind, flat dmg reduction, fast healing, dodge, eva) but they can still be scary.

It also won't be quite as tanky as a block glad or occultist HoA, but if you play it properly it should do just fine. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks so much for the build! Respeced into it today and couldn't be happier. I'm loving how it's focused on a certain feel/playstyle and I can tell you put a ton of work into getting all the parts to work together.

Two questions really quick:

-I can't really use barrage because it's flash effect is uncomfortable for me. I know this means I miss out on the volley jewels, but doesn't seem like it will break the build? Right now I'm using frenzy and it seems to work fine- have frenzy charges all the time is a nice extra and the green/purple projectiles together are pretty. Any problems you can forsee with using frenzy in place of barrage? Would kinetic blast or power siphon be better?

-I'm still working on understanding the boss setup. It seems like you barrage to proc unearth, which is in the poet's pen. Unearth then poisons the boss, which stacks virulence. Most of the work of the fight then is supporting the agony crawler with wither totems and vaal summon skeleton/keeping yourself alive. Is that right?

Thanks again for the build and happy legion killing!

Edited to add: After a little testing I've realized a. barrage is what you use to poison the boss b. frenzy doesn't work well in place of barrage for boss killing so I'm switching to power siphon I think. Besides, I just realized poacher's mark is taking care of my frenzy charges anyway.
Last edited by gallantblues on Jul 8, 2019, 11:38:34 PM
"
gallantblues wrote:
Thanks so much for the build! Respeced into it today and couldn't be happier. I'm loving how it's focused on a certain feel/playstyle and I can tell you put a ton of work into getting all the parts to work together.

Two questions really quick:

-I can't really use barrage because it's flash effect is uncomfortable for me. I know this means I miss out on the volley jewels, but doesn't seem like it will break the build? Right now I'm using frenzy and it seems to work fine- have frenzy charges all the time is a nice extra and the green/purple projectiles together are pretty. Any problems you can forsee with using frenzy in place of barrage? Would kinetic blast or power siphon be better?

-I'm still working on understanding the boss setup. It seems like you barrage to proc unearth, which is in the poet's pen. Unearth then poisons the boss, which stacks virulence. Most of the work of the fight then is supporting the agony crawler with wither totems and vaal summon skeleton/keeping yourself alive. Is that right?

Thanks again for the build and happy legion killing!

Edited to add: After a little testing I've realized a. barrage is what you use to poison the boss b. frenzy doesn't work well in place of barrage for boss killing so I'm switching to power siphon I think. Besides, I just realized poacher's mark is taking care of my frenzy charges anyway.

Good to hear you're enjoying it!

Barrage with a wand should be a fairly dark grey projectile, it doesn't seem too flashy to me. The reason we use it is for rapid-fire hits. Since we aren't dealing damage with the projectile, it's purpose is to poison, curse-on-hit and give life/mana gain on hit. This means we want as many projectiles as possible, so barrage is perfect.

I would say that power siphon is not a good replacement skill to use. It's main draw is that it gives you power charges, but they are 100% useless for us. Frenzy is at least better though we don't need the frenzies because we already get them from Poacher's Mark.
I think kinetic blast is the next best option after barrage. KB also interacts well with the 100% pierce that we get (it explodes on each pierce, not just the final one). You could also try elemental hit - apparently it hits targets in a small aoe around the hit, which may be useful (I've never played ele hit though, and I don't know how it functions with pierce).

KB has a fairly white splattery explosion graphic which might be annoying for you. I feel like it's more "loud" visually than the wand barrage, but it might depend on your graphics settings.

Also you might want to look into one of the Soulrend MTX. The default soulrend is quite a bright, high contrast purple. The Cat soulrend is dark and sparkly, and the celestial is a smoother, warmer purple. They are both easier on the eyes imo, although I did play a whole league with the default soulrend as it didn't bother me.

For single target you will hit the boss a lot slower when using anything other than barrage, resulting in much less on-hit healing, knockback and poison stacks. For anything below uber elder, this is probably not a big deal.

For the single target setup, the main goal is:

- Use victario's charity to give your crawler frenzy charges. This adds a lot of damage.
- Cast Spirit Offering. Since it requires a corpse, sometimes this will not cast on it's own unless there are adds dying on the screen. It's a big increase in dps, so the buff really needs 100% uptime. Other herald builds use a self-cast desecrate or similar to create corpses, though we can use Unearth
in the Poet's Pen to make one automatically. Note that the poet's pen will cycle through the socketed spells each attack, rather than casting them all together.
For the boss setup, this doesn't matter because the duration of spirit offering is much more than it takes to fire off 3 attacks and cast spirit offering again.

- Use a wither totem for wither stacks. The crawler does a lot of chaos damage (even more with Spirit Offering) and this is a massive damage multiplier. You can often apply this during immunity phases as well, which can be handy to start off the damage phase with a full 15-stack wither.

- Barrage does most of the poisoning for bosses.

The Despair curse is there to ensure the boss is cursed with despair, as witchfire brew only effects a radius around your character. There is also nothing much useful to put in this last socket, so ensuring that despair is always applied is a big buff.

None of these are necessary for clearing maps, so it's ideal to use in a weapon swap. I've set it up carefully so you can seamlessly press X and swap when you need single target, without switching off auras or requiring any gem swaps or anything fiddly.

Vaal skeletons, in both the mapping and boss-glove setup, are mostly used as a distraction and a bit of extra opportunistic damage. They die too easily to be reliable, but they are a nice little boost and I like using them, and they happen to scale well with the stats we are getting on the tree. If you have anything more important to fit in to these links, they are easily replaceable.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Jul 9, 2019, 3:57:38 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I actually LOVE the projectile color/effect of barrage, but when you use it there's a swirly flash around you character which bothers me. It's really subtle so if you don't see it...maybe don't look for it less it start bugging you too? ;)

I'll try KB and elemental hit also and let you know what I find.

Boss setup makes way more sense now, especially since I had missed the fact that we were actually using two weapon sets.

Edited to add: Both kinetic blast and elemental hit are good for maps; I chose elemental hit bc of the green socket color being easier to work with. I've concluded you really need barrage to stack poisons for good single target damage so I'm using it for the boss setup. I'm able to use it for smaller periods of time so yay compromise!
Last edited by gallantblues on Jul 10, 2019, 7:41:45 AM
What lvl can u start using the skills at ? im in act 5 atm using rain of arros as a bow build when can i switch to the fun?
"
What lvl can u start using the skills at ? im in act 5 atm using rain of arros as a bow build when can i switch to the fun?

Really as soon as you get a Poet's Pen. I bought one day 1 of the league at around mapping level. If you are levelling and have access to Poet's Pen early, you can use it from the start.
man that amulet corruption on the market people selling 2 exalt ~ 4exalt ++, got it after corrupting 34 amulets;10bricks, 9implicit change

great build btw man
"
WOMFT wrote:
man that amulet corruption on the market people selling 2 exalt ~ 4exalt ++, got it after corrupting 34 amulets;10bricks, 9implicit change

great build btw man

Yeah there were multiple available <100c when I got mine. It's not really a high-demand amulet, but people also aren't corrupting many. Not a problem if the prices increase, since you can effectively make your own from 1 alch winterhearts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info