[3.12] Necromantic Scribe - [Fun Playstyle] [6.5k Life] [5mil boss dps]

Atm at lvl 90 and really enjoying the build. I prefer to make full use of the concept of the build and use all curses avaliable (Poacher, Despair, Enfeenble, Projectile Weakness and Tempest Chain). Haven't done any major content (guardians, elder, shaper, ect...) but till now all pretty good.

I need some better enchants and a better Poacher Ring and Shield. Also need way better gems (have not lvl to 20 and all with no quality) but i prefer not to buy. For now will not put mutch more currency into the build since i fell i can do all content with no problem

Also i find the Boss Setup kinda lackluster. Wither Totem's sometimes fails to cast and die kinda fast (but that is also my problem in my playstyle and expecting just spam barrage). What is your sugestion to change despair to increase DPS? I have all curses avaliable so having Despair in Poets Pen just do nothing for me. Desecrate (more corpses)? GMP (more corpses from Unearth)? Essen

Thanks and great build so far
Last edited by ElBonecoIntuMadre on Jun 21, 2019, 2:36:44 PM
Good to hear!

Wither is the single biggest dps increase on the boss setup. Totems can die quickly, but you don't have much else to do in a boss fight so you can just re-drop them fast if that happens.

It feels pretty bad if you don't have quality yet on Multiple Totems and Spell totem. This feels a bit wonky with the changes this patch where the game allows you to cancel your actions - often the totems feel like they take way too long to come up without quality gems.

Despair in the Poet's Pen is fairly useful - it increases dps a lot on bosses, and Witchfire Brew is not reliable because you need to be close (it's a blasphemy aura style of curse) which is not ideal, especially for bosses like uber elder.

There is not much else to put in the boss PP. I tested that early on, but without having the full 3-link dedicated to a spell, it really does very little damage.

Adding more corpses will not help since we easily get 100% uptime on Spirit Offering due to the Poet's Pen spam. There isn't really much else to put in there, the only thing I can think of is some self-buff spell or something. But despair is really the most useful for that slot.

Yeah your gear looks pretty fine for this build. I wouldn't advise dumping much more into it - this build does hit a dps cap of around 1-2m dps due to the nature of scaling off of Herald of Agony, there's not much point in throwing more money at it once you have your +1 curse amulet, helmet and rings. If anything, best to save your extra money for more gear-dependant builds that can really scale off the extra currency.

You can also try a 5/6L vaal skeleton swap, if you aren't doing that already. It should add some decent dps, I find on Elder the cooldown comes back up before all the skeletons even disappear.
Just wanted to say thanks for the build. I was looking for something a bit different and I loved Poet's Pens and this build has ticked all the boxes for me.

Cheap to start, scales into maps, can do all content and fairly quickly at that.

Currently at Depth 200 in Delve, have done a 4 emblem Legion, deathless red Elder. Going after Shaper and Uber Elder now that my Zana questline is caught up.

Again, thanks for the build. It's been a really smooth pleasant experience.

I will add that if you don't have Asenath's yet, get them. They make map clearing amazing although the explosion doesn't work once Legion mobs are broken but neither does shatter.

Last edited by Bobforapples on Jun 23, 2019, 7:52:03 PM
"
Bobforapples wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for the build. I was looking for something a bit different and I loved Poet's Pens and this build has ticked all the boxes for me.

Cheap to start, scales into maps, can do all content and fairly quickly at that.

Currently at Depth 200 in Delve, have done a 4 emblem Legion, deathless red Elder. Going after Shaper and Uber Elder now that my Zana questline is caught up.

Again, thanks for the build. It's been a really smooth pleasant experience.

I will add that if you don't have Asenath's yet, get them. They make map clearing amazing although the explosion doesn't work once Legion mobs are broken but neither does shatter.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I think that's one of the main features of this build, it just feels so enjoyable and smooth.

One thing to mention is that you should flip your Spell totem/multiple totem gems with vendor to 20% quality. It makes such a massive difference to totem placement speed and feels great.
Yep, that was next on the list! After playing Warchief for so long it hasn't bothered me yet but not much else to upgrade now.

Will post an update on how Shaper and Uber go, along with the depth I get to when I decide I'm done. I try to see one build a league all the way through content.
This is an amazing guide. Well-written and easy to understand!
Amazing Build! Loving it so far.

I only wonder, do i actually miss something or does it have a reason that the Volley Fire Gem wont get the 2 Extra Projectiles since there isnt 40dex in it range? Wouldn it be way better to put a diffrent Jewel into it? :)
"

I only wonder, do i actually miss something or does it have a reason that the Volley Fire Gem wont get the 2 Extra Projectiles since there isnt 40dex in it range? Wouldn it be way better to put a diffrent Jewel into it? :)

If you put them in the correct jewel sockets, they will get the projectiles. I'm not sure which jewel socket you're talking about, but the scion jewel socket does have 40 dexterity.

One way to check is to socket the jewel and mouse-over it. If the criteria is not met, that line will be missing from the jewel. If it's there, it means it's enabled.
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"

If you put them in the correct jewel sockets, they will get the projectiles. I'm not sure which jewel socket you're talking about, but the scion jewel socket does have 40 dexterity.

One way to check is to socket the jewel and mouse-over it. If the criteria is not met, that line will be missing from the jewel. If it's there, it means it's enabled.

The one right under the Scion start, even in your PoB it says it only got 10str and 10dex in range :s
"
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"

The one right under the Scion start, even in your PoB it says it only got 10str and 10dex in range :s

That's just allocated passives being counted. It 100% works, you can also search for "dex" in PoB to have them highlighted :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info