[3.6] Purifying Flame Chieftain | 5mil+ DPS and 7.5k+ Life | All content viable

"
Neomeris85 wrote:
I think this will be my next build this league, so I made a build planner spreadsheet. Check it out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HvnVPsYs-h10zV2ZzffBIGydvtEuFCIGsN-slNy0AmU/edit?usp=sharing

Please make a copy if you want to edit. Pay attention to comments. The checkboxes are to check that you have all the right gems.

Awesome, succinct spreadsheet. Mind if I toss it in the OP to help out others, and give you cred?
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 28, 2019, 2:31:07 PM
None of the PoB links give valid entries when I try to copy/paste into PoB. Kind of useless to post a build like that.
Really digging this build. I've been running vaal clarity instead of just a normal one and it helps out so much for bosses. I'm surprised you don't use one.
"
Hogman50 wrote:
None of the PoB links give valid entries when I try to copy/paste into PoB. Kind of useless to post a build like that.

His Path of Building pastebin links import correctly for me. Is your Path of Building up to date?
I just checked for updates. Says "You are running the current build". Still unable to import build using his links.

Using this link:

https://pastebin.com/9i85HMix

when I control-v to paste it into the pastebin box it gives me an error telling me that it is an invalid URL.

Never mind, I did control-V and then backspace all the way to the left side of the window and it worked. I have no idea why and, frankly, I'm not all that interested. I have no desire to get a college degree just to be able to download a link for a game.
Last edited by Hogman50 on Mar 28, 2019, 9:18:15 PM
Trying out the build, I have almost exact same setup as you but I'm dying left and right in maps. Its tanky if ur taking on white mobs, but gets one shot in delves, a lot of bosses. In your minotaur kill, ur face tanking the boss, I can barely take 2 hits from him. I'm just wondering if I am doing anything wrong. only major difference is my staff doesnt have the +2 fire gem, but that has nothing to do with defence. Just wondering why I am having such a hard time surviving in maps.
Spoiler
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
"
Hakyu wrote:
Trying out the build, I have almost exact same setup as you but I'm dying left and right in maps. Its tanky if ur taking on white mobs, but gets one shot in delves, a lot of bosses. In your minotaur kill, ur face tanking the boss, I can barely take 2 hits from him. I'm just wondering if I am doing anything wrong. only major difference is my staff doesnt have the +2 fire gem, but that has nothing to do with defence. Just wondering why I am having such a hard time surviving in maps.
Spoiler

I loaded you up in POB to see any differences and the one of the things I noticed is lack of life recovery on belt. I know it sounds minor, but it's pretty major for more difficult maps and bosses. With a life build, we're not like ES builds in the sense that we can just build up an over the top giant pool to not care about hits -- our key is we need a large pool and we need to be able to insta recover that pool as quickly as possible before the second hit comes in to finish us off.

Thanks for this post because it makes me want to amend the guide a bit and emphasize that life recovery on belt and also suggest an alternate cwdt setup for people struggling with surviving. As most life builds, need to be quick finger with the flask on big hits + have enough life-regen/leech/recovery-amp to quickly top off.

So I'd say two things: try to hunt for a life recovery belt in the range of 12-20% (i went with a below par 13% because it was a good deal that popped up) and change your cwdt setup and drop either flammability or combustion and put in immortal call. You'll lose some unreliable damage for some more reliable response time to big hits.
Updated the build guide with a "Fixing Survivability Issues" section just below the gearing and skill links section; it includes some survivability tips and highlights for anyone that might be struggling.

When I played, I generally did not have survivability issues, but in POE it's so hard to nail down what exactly is going wrong as something minor somewhere in terms of gear or play could be the big difference between smooth mapping and frustrated constant danger mapping. I've put up a few key notes though and ways to perhaps hopefully mitigate any survivability issues that crop up.

One just quick note on the damage intake of this build is I very much crafted this from my experience as a mostly melee player. I wanted a ranged that played as more of a face tanker or faced more danger / heavy damage in take and that's the reason for our high life pool and heavy emphasis on regen and life recovery.

If you're used to totem builds, far ranged builds, or evasion heavy builds this may not feel like the greatest build to you as it very much plays like a melee spellcaster -- get in there and face the danger; handle heavy intake through high life recovery, flask useage, and a bit of flame dashing. Not for everyone for sure!

Me personally, I suck dick at surviving with some of the most survivable ES builds, those OP hybrid ES/Life tricksters with eldritch battery + MOM and the like. Just not my kind of style and I get caught off guard in maps. I can see the reverse being the case here for some others, and that's fine -- play your way, and know what you're gettin into!!
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 29, 2019, 3:18:24 AM
Hi, what about playing dual wielding + 6L Carcass Jack?

At the moment it's very hard to buy a good staff. First, there are missing, second, they cost about over a dozen Exalts. It may take some time until i get one.

What do you think? Double Doryani's Catalyst, or rare scepters? Will DPS be enough for high tier maps?
Last edited by Janick1021 on Mar 29, 2019, 3:37:21 AM
I crafted
Spoiler
testing this out right now and I will put immortal call in the setup, I'll let you know how it feels. Thanks for the imformative and quick response!
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info