Consistent Lag spikes linked to specefic Australian backhaul internet provider

I've been having similar issues for as long as I can remember. My internet isn't great at all, though, can normally play with ping of 40-60 occasionally spiking >300. It sometimes becomes unplayable for a while, but, today I experienced a new issue. Attempting to trade to any other region other than Australia, my ping flatlines, my ping flatlining isn't anything new, happens way too often but stops after a while. This instance, it takes significantly longer to connect to their hideout, 2-4 minutes, and once I'm there my ping is flatlined at either 0 or >1200 and from there I can /hideout, wait for it to catch up, be back in my hideout of 40-60 ping and be fine. Though this whole process can take 4 minutes or longer and as you could imagine, doesn't make trading fun for either party.

Also, my ISP is Dodo.
"
I've been having similar issues for as long as I can remember.

Also, my ISP is Dodo.

How similar? Are you having latency issues consistently every evening for several hours?

Dodo also uses Vocus as its upstream provider.

Would you mind posting a WinMTR log?
Bump.
Bump.
Any updates on this?

I thought I might be able to get a few hours in before the lag starts but unsurprisingly things get congested much earlier on a Saturday. Completely unplayable.
Bump.
UP YOU GO, little thread!
Another day with no reply... Issue persists. Please can we get some kind of update on this?!
"
Xavierbane wrote:
"
arezz91 wrote:
In addition to GGG we all should also engage Mate Communicate. They should investigate the issue and likely have means to mitigate as well.

Will send the WinMTR output to mate's support for investigation.

I have been in contact with them.

They contacted Vocus on my behalf but Mate has twice now told me that Vocus "cannot comment on speeds experienced when gaming on various servers".

However, Mate also told me that Vocus "have found that there is no particular reason why you should be experiencing these issues", so go figure.

Well, if due to Vocus’ fault mate is losing customers, mate might reconsider their acceptance of a ‘no comment’ kind of response.

I for one will chose a non Vocus provider if this issue can’t be resolved.
"
arezz91 wrote:
"
Xavierbane wrote:

I have been in contact with them.

They contacted Vocus on my behalf but Mate has twice now told me that Vocus "cannot comment on speeds experienced when gaming on various servers".

However, Mate also told me that Vocus "have found that there is no particular reason why you should be experiencing these issues", so go figure.

Well, if due to Vocus’ fault mate is losing customers, mate might reconsider their acceptance of a ‘no comment’ kind of response.

I for one will chose a non Vocus provider if this issue can’t be resolved.

Fair enough, but I would really prefer to get a response from GGG to clarify things before making such a long term decision.

There is a very similar ongoing thread that was also started last month regarding issues with a German ISP connecting to the Frankfurt server that has three pages worth of GGG responses/troubleshooting. GGG discussed it with their datacenter there, made some routing changes, and the issue was (apparently) resolved.

I am hopeful something similar can be done here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info