(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
BrettLee wrote:
If you want to see some real POB warrior / bullshit you can look to Big Ducks who lists 8 pods when his build has 20 AOE with flasks up. He also recommends that players alteration + augment into Sockted Gems + DoT Multi, which on average costs 14.4k alterations..which is 4800 chaos or 48 exalts. His step 1 costs 6-7 times the full cost of crafting the bow properly.

Edit: jesus fuck, he recommends that players multi mod +1 socketed gems bow as a budget option, this guy is a fucking moron.
The same guy who had this "amazing archmage build if you press foreboding mana flask 5 times per second"? And the same guy who claimed creeping frost does more damage than vortex even though baseline numbers prove different? Not surprised...

P.S. He also stole Darkxell's ED trickster build and presented as his own with no credit to original author.
Last edited by Viktranka on Feb 22, 2021, 12:28:16 AM
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
For all the newer players that may be struggling with this build as well and complaining about DPS and whatnot, this build is very much a POB minmax and less practical in reality.

Disagree. This build is fucking nuts even with mediocre equipment.

"
The 5-10 mil Sirus DPS it shows in POB assumes 4 pods overlap (not a chance of that happening with the AOE this build gets unless you use Carcass Jack, which is a huge defense tradeoff), and also max withered stacks.

Carcass jack gives up to 70 life and +12% all res, so its not like a Tabula +50% AOE. The build also has several powerful defensive layers with elusive, ghost shroud, phase acro and wind dancer - you aren't in desperate need of a super high evasion/ES chest.

Carcass Jack is definitely a worthwhile "investment" (we don't need a linked one..) because, as you kind of mentioned, its let you hit 20+ AOE easily. In fact, it brings you very close to the 5 pod overlap threshold, which you can hit with dying sun or a damage over time bow large cluster with broadside.

"
In reality, since Sirus moves around so much, you will be lucky if you can maintain 5+ stacks of withered, and most of the time you won't have the max amount of pods out damaging him before he teleports again.

Any math to support that? My wither totems currenly have 7 casts per second. On the assumption that wither stacks applied by different totems stack, it takes 0.71 seconds to reach 15 withered stacks.

"

I think a value of 3-5 mil is more realistic. This applies to Maven as well, I spend so much time dodging in the Maven fight I'm probably relying almost entirely on Mirage Archer for damage and getting a little burst in here and there.

See above. This build trivialises maven, sirus and the invitations.

My bad, I should have given more context. I have put approx 100-120 exalts into this build, and even at 50ex investment it was already nuts and I could deathlessly kill A8 Sirus. But for it to qualify as "fucking nuts" to me would require it to phase Sirus in seconds, like a high-investment Flicker build. I found the Maven fight much easier compared to Sirus as she doesn't move around nearly as much, and the Invitations are definitely easy to do as well.

Carcass Jack does have defensive layers, but defensively it was nowhere near good endgame gear (like my 400ES/1500 evasion chest with 10% life as extra ES craft and two T2 resists). I tried putting it into my POB and it would have resulted in a net loss of around 300eHP and some resists as well.

As for the wither totems, they are more feasible in the first 3 stages of the fight for sure, but in my experience, I would rather spare the 0.6s it takes to place the totems in the last phase to reposition myself and put down 3 more shots (+1 from Mirage archer) instead. Sirus also tends to teleport out of the totem's range frequently, even in earlier phases. They only have a range of 60 units so if he teleports a little more than half a screen, you have to reposition and re-cast.

It might just come down to different playstyles as well. All in all, like I said earlier, the build is still incredible, just not "10 mil Sirus DPS" incredible.
I guess we just have different perspectives then.

For me, this build easily completes all content with approximately 15ex invested. I am able to kill all invitations, maven and sirus with such ease that I have stopped investing in the build at all. I still use the character for the Maven fight and some of the harder invitations. Obviously my build doesn't phase Maven, but she dies quick enough that I don't really care. I could invest an additional 60ex (20ex bow, 10ex gloves, 8ex quiver, 12ex gloves, 8ex amulet) and double my DPS, which I can easily afford, but there is just no need. The only other builds that have felt this good for me, across the board are miners and 3.10 hollow palm max block cyclone (deep cuts lmao).

Just on the Sirus fight, placing totems takes approximately 0.43 seconds. That is a bit slow, but you have plenty of time to place them before all significant DPS phases, and like I said, he is generally dead before he can do much anyway.

I still don't see why you reject the 10m DPS figure. 25 aoe for 5 pod overlap is easy to achieve and as stated earlier, max wither stacks is easy to hit.
Just a heads up about half the people selling remove/add chaos right now are just divining your item and handing it back to you for a fee of 2ex unless they are streaming, your better off spending a small amount more and removing chaos in 1 transaction and then buying augment chaos.

I cant believe the huge uptick in this nonsense lately, anyways just throwing it in here b/cI know many of you will need several for your DoT multis etc.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Feb 22, 2021, 8:59:32 PM
"
BrettLee wrote:
I guess we just have different perspectives then.

For me, this build easily completes all content with approximately 15ex invested. I am able to kill all invitations, maven and sirus with such ease that I have stopped investing in the build at all.

Hey man, could you share your pob for this? I have 15ex and trying to gear out my TR trickster and would love to have a guideline like your pob to reference!

Also, do you get 1 shot often on this?
Can anyone look at my build and tell me what to upgrade next?

I am playing in SSF Ritual and when looking at other builds I seem to have only about a third of their dmg.

Pob: https://pastebin.com/fbFv0tSF

Unfortunately havent found any cluster jewels with chaos so far, but I am working on that.

Any pointers are appreciated
"
Tschetzki wrote:
Can anyone look at my build and tell me what to upgrade next?

I am playing in SSF Ritual and when looking at other builds I seem to have only about a third of their dmg.
You're missing lvl 21 toxic rain, lvl 3+ empower and a +2 hunter amulet for starter, but how much farming these require in SSF to obtain, I don't really know.
Is anyone using tailwind/elusive boots?
I just crafted one for fun but seems useless on this build since the item itself is heavily crit-dependent.
"
toothbrush420 wrote:
Is anyone using tailwind/elusive boots?
I just crafted one for fun but seems useless on this build since the item itself is heavily crit-dependent.
Tailwind is possible to proc if you have high attack speed and get some crit here and there. Elusive is only 10% chance on crit contrary to tailwind guarantee, so it's really impossible to upkeep from that, only reliable ways of elusive is withering step (goes away on skill use, one of its alt qualities has a chance to persist after skill use) or no witnesses on the tree (can only proc on kill).
Hello ppl. Bought this bow when I start lvling this char. Is there any possibility to upgrade it? Or better start from scratch ?

Also, i`ve been looking over many stats for toxic rain bows. Can any1 tell me what should I look for? DOT, CDOT, inc aoe, +lvl bow gem, +lvl sup gem and so, I mean, priority, so I can check what is compatible with my wallet :).

TIA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info