The ultimate 7 Aura Bowrauder

I wanted to bump this because I think this is a really strong build

Also: I don't think you need lvl 20 Reduced Mana.. I used alpha's howl + a lvl 18 reduced mana and was able to get 3 % auras on mana
Last edited by iisanoob on May 12, 2013, 12:17:01 AM
LA is no good with bloodmagic gem. You need all the support gems you can get, to make LA's damage better, since you are required to use Chain and LMP/GMP which give no real direct damage boost. Thus why EB / BM passive LA builds are superior in nearly every way. Haste, Hatred, Purity, and Determination is not worth not using Faster Attack, and/or % Added lightning Damage imho.

Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 12, 2013, 10:27:43 AM
"
Edzilla wrote:
LA is no good with bloodmagic gem. You need all the support gems you can get, to make LA's damage better, since you are required to use Chain and LMP/GMP which give no real direct damage boost. Thus why EB / BM passive LA builds are superior in nearly every way. Haste, Hatred, Purity, and Determination is not worth not using Faster Attack, and/or % Added lightning Damage imho.

Ok if you think so its ok, but Blood Magic Passive is wasting many passive skill points.
At the moment i dont play my Lightning Arrow much because i play another character. But the DPS is so insane without Faster Attacks. The only item I miss is 6linked Chest or 6L Lions Glare.

IF I will reach this point my Lightning Arrow DPS will be insane (the 6 linked will be weapon elemental damage). I can test this with my tabula Rasa today in the evening (im at office at the moment).
And because you dont Blood Magic your passive you will have much more points to select. If you will level up to 89-90 youre going to have so much +life / +attack speed / +Elemental dmg / +Armour/Evasion without wasting points. Thats why the specc is more powerfull then all the other Lightning Arrow Builds.
"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
Hey all,

first I wanna say that I played Templar, Ranger and now the Marauder. All leveled about 70-80 and after my Ranger reached level 80, I was thinking about a change. I had Blood Magic skilled and my build was fine but the aura I used wasn´t that fun. Only Grace/Wrath/Anger

After some hours my decision was clear. The Ranger is the wrong class to play the Lightning Arrow, I have to play the Marauder for much more Life and don´t waste that much skill points I will need to complete this build.

Here my current gear for Maps:
Spoiler

My current Gear for grinding / farming docks (for fusing to 6l my items:)
Spoiler

My Build at the moment: (Level 81).

After some Level (86) my Build will look like this: -> 1x 8% more HP + 30% Elemental Dmg.

At the End (about level 91 my Build will be look like this).

Now UPDATED, new Items, Infos and more pewpew :).

What you need:
- Level 20 reduced Mana
- The Covenant Robe (for less life used by Anger,Wrath,Grace)
- 7 Aura (Determination, Hatred, Haste, Purity, Grace, Anger, Wrath)
- NEW UNIQ ALPHA´s HOWL
- 3x 4 Linked (Gloves / Boots / Helmed) with the right colour
- 2x 6L (for endgame) or 2x 5L -> I´ve got only 2x 5-Linked but i´m working on the 6 Linked

I have linked:
Chest: Lightning Arrow - Blood Magic - Chain - GMP - LoH, IF 6L I will add WED
Bow: Frenzy - Faster Attack - Culling Strike - Life Leech - Blood Magic, IF 6L I will add WED and I´m testing what is better: added fire or culling strike.
Helmed: Grace - Wrath - Anger - Reduced Mana
Boots: Hatred, Haste, Purity - Reduced Mana
Gloves: Decoy Totem - Determination - Blood Magic / Reduced Mana - Curse

How to cast all your Aura:
First pick up Covenant to get Blood Magic. After you have done this equip your level 20 reduced mana into you helmed. Now turn on: Anger, Wrath, Grace. get all gems out of the gloves (only Anger equiped) and link it with reduced Mana. Now equip your main Chest and cast all other Aura without Blood Magic but with reduced mana.

When I´m 82 today (5% of level left) I will post my stats.
With the Aura +2 on helmed, and after 6linked with WED this will skyrock the DPS :).

I like the build, very similar to my LS build in efficiency http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/377260/page/2

However I don't believe you should be building your spec around a "bug". Devs have said that convenant's ability to give blood magic when removed is not intended, however it will be awhile before fixing. So when that happens you're build is going to be losing some auras (like my build), I might suggest getting the two reduced reserve mana nodes if you can find a way there.
I make music.
You dont need this 10 reduced passive, you only need the helmed with 8%, that will fit all aura you need :)
"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
You dont need this 10 reduced passive, you only need the helmed with 8%, that will fit all aura you need :)

Do you think that's worth the lose of other possibly better stats? Looks like a good helm though I admit.
I make music.
"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Ok if you think so its ok, but Blood Magic Passive is wasting many passive skill points.
At the moment i dont play my Lightning Arrow much because i play another character. But the DPS is so insane without Faster Attacks. The only item I miss is 6linked Chest or 6L Lions Glare.

IF I will reach this point my Lightning Arrow DPS will be insane (the 6 linked will be weapon elemental damage). I can test this with my tabula Rasa today in the evening (im at office at the moment).
And because you dont Blood Magic your passive you will have much more points to select. If you will level up to 89-90 youre going to have so much +life / +attack speed / +Elemental dmg / +Armour/Evasion without wasting points. Thats why the specc is more powerfull then all the other Lightning Arrow Builds.
. Oh I didn't notice you are going the bad LA route. Most (the good ones) LA builds go right past Bm passive even if they aren't taking it. IG isn't worth it IMO. You only get a 50% boost from it.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info