The ultimate 7 Aura Bowrauder

Hey all,

first I wanna say that I played Templar, Ranger and now the Marauder. All leveled about 70-80 and after my Ranger reached level 80, I was thinking about a change. I had Blood Magic skilled and my build was fine but the aura I used wasn´t that fun. Only Grace/Wrath/Anger

After some hours my decision was clear. The Ranger is the wrong class to play the Lightning Arrow, I have to play the Marauder for much more Life and don´t waste that much skill points I will need to complete this build.

Here my current gear for Maps:
Spoiler

My current Gear for grinding / farming docks (for fusing to 6l my items:)
Spoiler

My Build at the moment: (Level 81).

After some Level (86) my Build will look like this: -> 1x 8% more HP + 30% Elemental Dmg.

At the End (about level 91 my Build will be look like this).

Now UPDATED, new Items, Infos and more pewpew :).

What you need:
- Level 20 reduced Mana
- The Covenant Robe (for less life used by Anger,Wrath,Grace)
- 7 Aura (Determination, Hatred, Haste, Purity, Grace, Anger, Wrath)
- NEW UNIQ ALPHA´s HOWL
- 3x 4 Linked (Gloves / Boots / Helmed) with the right colour
- 2x 6L (for endgame) or 2x 5L -> I´ve got only 2x 5-Linked but i´m working on the 6 Linked

I have linked:
Chest: Lightning Arrow - Blood Magic - Chain - GMP - LoH, IF 6L I will add WED
Bow: Frenzy - Faster Attack - Culling Strike - Life Leech - Blood Magic, IF 6L I will add WED and I´m testing what is better: added fire or culling strike.
Helmed: Grace - Wrath - Anger - Reduced Mana
Boots: Hatred, Haste, Purity - Reduced Mana
Gloves: Decoy Totem - Determination - Blood Magic / Reduced Mana - Curse

How to cast all your Aura:
First pick up Covenant to get Blood Magic. After you have done this equip your level 20 reduced mana into you helmed. Now turn on: Anger, Wrath, Grace. get all gems out of the gloves (only Anger equiped) and link it with reduced Mana. Now equip your main Chest and cast all other Aura without Blood Magic but with reduced mana.

When I´m 82 today (5% of level left) I will post my stats.
With the Aura +2 on helmed, and after 6linked with WED this will skyrock the DPS :).
Last edited by Masshypnosis1 on May 16, 2013, 3:53:18 PM
wow, just EXACTLY the build i use myself...

Some questions :

Why no blackgeam ?

I think the build mecanics need it : high physical domage --> +% to physical dmg --> convert phys to ele (100% with LA and blackgeam) --> +%to ele dmg. Did you ever tried it ? Doesn't it really improve your dps ?

Why GMP over LMP ?

I find it easier to stack LA area of effect with LMP, and you will use less life.

Why LoH over LL on frenzy ?

Since it's a single target dps, LL > LoH.
chain doesnt work with projectile weakness
"
Assur wrote:
chain doesnt work with projectile weakness

Well, it does for every projectile which does not Pierce the target it hits.

A projectile may as well pierce the first target it hits, then chain from the second target it hit.

"
Piercing, Forking, and Chaining are mutually exclusive, only one of them can occur for each hit. These effects are prioritized in that order (Piercing, Forking, Chaining).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I use the same passive build, but I think that Rain of Arrows 6L'd is much better
RoA - BM - added fire (life leech) - conc effect - faster attacks. You can use this for single target as well.

skill says 8.8k dps
IGN: FireFlameSputter (Hardcore) Defunctive (Default)
Last edited by sputter on Mar 11, 2013, 6:16:14 PM
"
Masshypnosis1 wrote:
Here my current gear:

I only just noticed how you linked your skills. I would make two suggestions here:

Frenzy + FA + LoH + BM + unused slot = Would it not be much stronger to go Frenzy + FA + Life Leech + BM + Weapon Elemental Damage? You would need to invest some Chromatics into it, but it would work much, much better.

LA + Chain + GMP + BM + WED = playing HC league without a LoH attacked to your LA is not quite recommended, and GMP is inferior to LMP. LA + BM + WED + LMP + LoH would be much safer and have pretty much the same damage.

But of course, whatever works for You is best for You.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Hi,

to answer some question here we go:

1.) Yepp Frenzy with Life Leech is much better then Life on Hit, but i don´t have a leveled one :). I´m leveling one at the moment and I have switched yesterday.

2.) To understand with WED: I´m at the moment using:
Bow: Frenzy - Faster Attack - Life Leech - Blood Magic - Curse (Projectile Weakness and to switch Temporal Chains).
Chest: Lightning Arrow - Life on Hit - Chain - GMP - Blood Magic

So you see, i´ve got 6S and 5L, I´m trying at the moment linking this two, so I have 6L Bow and Chest. After this i can upgrade my current gear with WED on Frenzy and LA.

The problem is I don´t have any Mana. My mana pool is 0.0000 with Determination, Haste, Hatred, Purity.
I have to link my curse with Blood Magic and the best solution is the link in my Bow.
I can´t link this to my gloves, head, boots because i need much space with all 7 Aura + Decoy/Skelett Totem. Maybe I will switch my totem and don´t use Spell totem, instead i use my second Curse in the gloves. I have to check this.

3.) Why I choose Projectile Weakness:
It´s a green support gem = if i got a crappy Map I can switch to Temporal Chains.
Projectile Weakness work with chain, it boost my projectile dmg and I will knock back, that is really strong because I will knock back any boss and they are mostly dead before they arrive me. (I don´t have to move) ^^.

4.) Why I´m not playing RoA:
You have to see the enemy (can only hit targets in your screen). If one mob isn´t inside your RoA you won´t hit him. = Not that effective. To understand.... I´m killing everything offscreen. I´m shooting in one direction after that I walk there and I only have to loot. Everything is mostly 1-2 Shoot. If there is any strong enemy I will curse this area (offscreen) and after that I continue shooting. Before i see charge enemy on my screen they are at 10% life or less.

5.) Why GMP and not LMP.
Your not doing that much DMG with GMP on small groups and single target, but you´re able to hit more targets with 1 attack if there is a bulk of monsters. Yesterday i was a bit crazy and testing some stuff. So I played a Yellow Wharf Map. I was running throw all mobs pulling them together and started bombing. That´s crazy bombing up to 40+ mobs. I don´t have any life issue, so I think for greater group of enemys GMP will be more effective then LMP. If I got only 2-5 Mobs I will don´t shoot with LA, then I use frenzy to keep the stacks up.

6.) Why I´m at the moment not using Blackgeam.
My current quiver got some nice stats (life/Ele dmg/resist) and I´m changing my gear at the moment (there are only few items i won´t change). The main problem at the moment is: I don´t have WED linked to my attacks and at the ele dmg I got is 50% skilled + quiver. After I can change this all (have some on belt and maybe on other items +30% skilled) Blackgeam will be much better then my current quiver. After that change i will get this quiver to push more dps.
But at the moment i don´t wanna miss the +life my quiver got.

Hope i answered all your question, if not just ask :)

I´m getting a new internet in the next few days, after that I will stream some action.
Updated.
Holy s... !! This new unique... just designed for our build... NEED !

Currently lvl 76, don't you have any advice to farm enough currency for Lioneye's / alpha's howl ?

with 60% IIQ and IIR should i farm docks or low maps ??
Docks. I farm with my mf equip only docks, and that´s isane :).

But with the aura a bit tricky.

With that equip you need to do the following:
Covenant + Helmed -> Gloves or Boots with Anger, Wrath, Grace.
Then the change to mana.
Gloves or Boots with: Determination, Haste, Purity
Then switch off the helmed with you mf helmed and put in there Hatred.

Now with lvl 20 reduced mana you will need about 99,7% of you mana :).

I will update my stats soon. But I can say about 2000 DPS with LA/Chain/GMP and about 14.000 - 15.000 with Frenzy :) and thats the way it rocks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info