[3.9] Zed's Dex Stacking Ranger Guide (Outdated & Mostly Legacy)

"
lumos2020 wrote:
Could u guys help me with my tornador build , with this gear but my dps so low:(
https://pastebin.com/3ADrP1EZ

Your gear is quite solid, only missing some cold resistances which might result in random 1shots.

You are missing a Barrage setup for single target if you want to be killing red maps/t16+
You are also missing Hatred aura, which is a huge dps boost.

What I would do, is move your Herald of ice setup to a 4L, along with Precision, hatred, enlighten.

Also, add in a Blood Rage (doesn't need to be linked)

Then, in your 6L chest, I would do:

Barrage-added cold damage-slower projectiles-elemental damage with attacks-energy leech-elemental focus

This will give you consistent damage on bosses.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: will be around 1.6mil shaper dps with Barrage without point blank. that's pretty good.

But with Point Blank allocated, you will be 4.5mil shaper dps with Barrage.

To get Point Blank, I would re-path the Shadow area of the tree to not get Lethal Assault or Resourcefulness.

EDIT2: Pastebin here for those wondering. Feel free to check my work and correct me.
https://pastebin.com/fNiw8e2Y
Last edited by andrew8448 on Oct 5, 2019, 2:49:25 PM
Dang. I just learned that energy leech support gives 40% more damage when used with blood rage. Tornado shot links will probably stay the same, but can replace hypothermia in barrage setup. I'll update the gem links when I get back in town tomorrow
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
"
Dang. I just learned that energy leech support gives 40% more damage when used with blood rage. Tornado shot links will probably stay the same, but can replace hypothermia in barrage setup. I'll update the gem links when I get back in town tomorrow

Happy to hold the fort down ;)

And yes, with Shaper's touch/Fractal thoughts, it is easy to integrate Energy Leech into the setup. and with a Blood Rage in the build, you are ALWAYS leeching ES ^_^
Last edited by andrew8448 on Oct 5, 2019, 3:44:05 PM
"
andrew8448 wrote:

Happy to hold the fort down ;)

And yes, with Shaper's touch/Fractal thoughts, it is easy to integrate Energy Leech into the setup. and with a Blood Rage in the build, you are ALWAYS leeching ES ^_^

Awesome, thanks for the help

hello, this is my gear currently. i know i need to divine + multimod the bow and possibly shaper's touch gloves.

may i know what kind mod should i add on my bow?
p1: cold damage % + freeze
p2: dmg penetrate ele res

s1: crit chance
s2: atk speed? or 10% DD?

(i only have 3ex now so if possible i would like to craft 10% DD because it's cheaper)

also, what kind of upgrades should i be looking into next? i'm thinking it should probably be watcher's eye and brutal restraint? would be good to know what should i be saving up for next.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Skrible on Oct 6, 2019, 4:52:32 AM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
lumos2020 wrote:
Could u guys help me with my tornador build , with this gear but my dps so low:(
https://pastebin.com/3ADrP1EZ

Your gear is quite solid, only missing some cold resistances which might result in random 1shots.

You are missing a Barrage setup for single target if you want to be killing red maps/t16+
You are also missing Hatred aura, which is a huge dps boost.

What I would do, is move your Herald of ice setup to a 4L, along with Precision, hatred, enlighten.

Also, add in a Blood Rage (doesn't need to be linked)

Then, in your 6L chest, I would do:

Barrage-added cold damage-slower projectiles-elemental damage with attacks-energy leech-elemental focus

This will give you consistent damage on bosses.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: will be around 1.6mil shaper dps with Barrage without point blank. that's pretty good.

But with Point Blank allocated, you will be 4.5mil shaper dps with Barrage.

To get Point Blank, I would re-path the Shadow area of the tree to not get Lethal Assault or Resourcefulness.

EDIT2: Pastebin here for those wondering. Feel free to check my work and correct me.
https://pastebin.com/fNiw8e2Y

Why elemental focus instead of the thread maker's suggestion of crit damage support?

And I suppose slower proj instead of damage on max life and it's easier to maintain?
Has anyone tried slayer version?

I had a spare slayer lying around so I spec-ed it into this tree, seems interesting.

https://pastebin.com/N7EKKYzP

gear and everything is same, just small adjustment on tree. Overleech seems nice, clear speed is definitely slower in-comparison to deadeye.
"
Armisal wrote:

Why elemental focus instead of the thread maker's suggestion of crit damage support?

And I suppose slower proj instead of damage on max life and it's easier to maintain?

Elemental focus is better if you're not using yoke. Also energy leech support and slower proj are good, but I never really cared for slower projectile speed
Just wanted to add that after playing both Lightning Arrow and Tornado Shot this league I am 100% on team Lightning Arrow for the foreseeable future. It just feels better.
"
"
Armisal wrote:

Elemental focus is better if you're not using yoke. Also energy leech support and slower proj are good, but I never really cared for slower projectile speed

In Path of Building, when fighting bosses, which ailments can I tick?

Moving - probably not?
Bleeding - no?
Ignited - maybe?
Chilled - maybe?
Frozen - No as they can't be frozen?
Shocked - No.?

I'm trying to compare which amulets are better for fighting bosses (for my budget), if a generic crit multi, cold damage, life, res, added cold is better

or

increased stats with damage/15 dex.

Of course the latter is much more expensive and doesn't come with any stats, if they do, they are more expensive than all my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info