[3.7] Ball Lightning Elementalist - Comfortable, safe, scales well. Simply enjoying your balls.

I imagine it's mostly because he/she is still looking for that new unique staff with decent rolls, gems, links etc.:D

Then again, a good wand and shield help early league with resistances afaik
Yeah forsure. I guess I'm just looking for some more details about the build for 3.7 and some of the gear to be using different from 3.6.
So far the build has begun for me. Current gear:

Few notes: I'm trying to get a 6L staff for the future. It is the reason I've specced into staff nodes.

Current stats:
3.2k health, 3k mana unreserved, 1k ES. A total of 7.2k EHP at level 83. No notable, reliable defences in play.

Right now the build feels to come around nicely, however I also feel squishy. The new rare buffs and the league mechanic really require you to kill rares fast and scoot around or have significant diminishing defenses.

Right now it's a matter of getting enough damage to punch rares down. I've yet to set up all my gems, like wave of conviction, unbound ailments etc. or even get level 20 gems. So the damage is easily going to double within the upcoming days/weeks. Tooltip wise I'm at 20k, while I killed shaper with 40k last league with ease. The damage potential is there.

Things I am debating:
1) Gem choices for the green slot (might recolor if I get the chromes to 4B1G for the time being). DO NOT use GMP. It's not worth it. The radius of a single ball lightning is huge and GMP might double your range, but lowers your damage. The issue is never the white mobs but the rare ones. Do not use GMP in my opinion.

2) The option to go back to weapon/shield. I feel like damage truely isn't the issue and we need stats and defences. This league hurts (in a balanced way mind you) and the staff might turn out to simply not be worth it)

3) I have yet to set up flasks. So there is that.

4) I've managed to get a Mind of the Council with 8% increased area of effect. Cute but .. jezus 8% increased area of effect truely does'n't do jack shit. So don't go crazy over these enchants. The damage one is worth it if you can get it though.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
So far the build has begun for me. Current gear:

Few notes: I'm trying to get a 6L staff for the future. It is the reason I've specced into staff nodes.

Current stats:
3.2k health, 3k mana unreserved, 1k ES. A total of 7.2k EHP at level 83. No notable, reliable defences in play.

Right now the build feels to come around nicely, however I also feel squishy. The new rare buffs and the league mechanic really require you to kill rares fast and scoot around or have significant diminishing defenses.

Right now it's a matter of getting enough damage to punch rares down. I've yet to set up all my gems, like wave of conviction, unbound ailments etc. or even get level 20 gems. So the damage is easily going to double within the upcoming days/weeks. Tooltip wise I'm at 20k, while I killed shaper with 40k last league with ease. The damage potential is there.

Things I am debating:
1) Gem choices for the green slot (might recolor if I get the chromes to 4B1G for the time being). DO NOT use GMP. It's not worth it. The radius of a single ball lightning is huge and GMP might double your range, but lowers your damage. The issue is never the white mobs but the rare ones. Do not use GMP in my opinion.

2) The option to go back to weapon/shield. I feel like damage truely isn't the issue and we need stats and defences. This league hurts (in a balanced way mind you) and the staff might turn out to simply not be worth it)

3) I have yet to set up flasks. So there is that.

4) I've managed to get a Mind of the Council with 8% increased area of effect. Cute but .. jezus 8% increased area of effect truely does'n't do jack shit. So don't go crazy over these enchants. The damage one is worth it if you can get it though.

Thank you got posting the gear and few adjustments you have made. I am going to look for a few more peices of gear for my guy tonight and see what I can come up with. I also 5 Linked my cloak of defiance so I'm gonna try out a wand and shield. Also are you going to follow the same gem setup as in the build or change it up a bit? I seen you have some mixed gems in your setup.
Last edited by Subaru420 on Jun 13, 2019, 4:37:45 AM
I'm following things similar to what you posted for other leagues. Im going for wand and shield to get that extra protection. It is only my second playthrough and I died significantly less throughout the acts. The defensive power is incredible within the build, but the offence doesn't lose out at all, still being very solid. I clear mobs with incredible speed. The only problems are the rares, which seem to be a lot tankier after the update. I haven't gotten the crit nodes in the tree yet so maybe that will help out with these pesky rares. I'll update you guys once I get into mapping higher tiers.

Quick question, why are you using Zealotry instead of Wrath? Is it because of the rares? How is that working out for you?

Thanks!
Night and day the streets resounded with music, song and the clinking of chalices and tankards, for it is well known that nothing is such thirsty work as the acquisition of knowledge.
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Blood of Elves, 1994.
Last edited by caiovp2 on Jun 13, 2019, 6:48:22 AM
I too started the league with this build, but i wont use the new pledge, i tried it and it feels horrible for me, the league mobs are rly dangerous and the so called "greater spell echo" locks you in place for way too long in my oppinion.

Im using an Agnerod West and got a shaper life on hit ring that rly helps with sustain, resistances are kinda short right now so i cant use an essence worm atm.

My gear:
Spoiler

edit: got that 21/23 ball lightning for 20chaos and there were more listed for prices like that, its relatively cheap so get one^^
Last edited by BloodyAgent on Jun 13, 2019, 8:33:01 AM
I found this guy today and was sitting around trying to decide what to do with it. Your post pushed me to trying the good old balls again, as the last time I played it was before Forsaken Masters.
https://imgur.com/BFSlwIX (sorry, the image link wasn't working)

I'm going to do something with spiritual aid, but the info in the OP was pretty helpful with regards to ball information, so good job!
Last edited by JoeODanger on Jun 13, 2019, 11:25:24 PM
How can i get more defense\ehp in this build? I try to play with this build in HC. It looks good but sometimes i got a lot of damage.
Hey, your build looks very interesting i was wondering if you could add leveling infos like trees, leveling items and which skill to use.
A 1h/shield option would be cool too.
Last edited by malkore on Jun 18, 2019, 8:19:18 PM
Can't you just basically go for Enkis Arc Witch Tree? Leveling this build atm and thinking about dropping Pledge, dropping the staff nodes and going for 1H+Shield. Maybe changing the tree a bit and picking arcane swiftness and written blood instead of herbalism and some other things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info