3.6 Hierophant Divine Ire Totems (Starter)(Budget)(All Content)

I am not as experience as some other build makers here but I spend most of my time in the game trying to make new builds and make goofy things work. This one is a bit more normal as I was using it as my starter for Synthesis league and wanted to try one of the new skills out in a different way. If you have any questions concerning the build let me know in game or here are I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Pros
Spoiler

-Shreds Bosses
-Scales well into endgame with minimal currency
-Decent Mapping Clear speed
-Can self craft most gear
-Can do ALL map mods(have to equip Mana Flask for No regen, I use Lavianga's Spirit personally)

Cons
Spoiler

-Not very tanky
-Not a Jugg so cannot facetank all boss mechanics
-Having 12+ curses on your at all time can seem spooky

PoB + Details
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/3AL3qJvg

Some things may vary depending on your playstyle.
As far as the auras on there goes, we use Wrath alone unless playing with an Aurabot at which point you can switch to Herald of Purity and Lightning.

We self cast conductivity on bosses or big packs as you see fit.

For the actual divine ire link, it is important to understand the gear dependency that some of the supports have. I did not start using Controlled Destruction until I had about 75% effective crit, mess around with PoB to see what your highest dps link setup is with current gear.

** Gearing **
Required Uniques
Spoiler

Soul Mantle

Self-Flaggelation
This is the jewel that lets us scale our curses into damage.

Kikazaru

Using two of these rings help us with lightning resistance, life and mana regeneration but most importantly allows us to mitigate the effect of curses on ourselves by 80% which when stacking all curses on ourselves is very important.

All of this gear at league start is very cheap and should be acquirable on day one or two not accounting for max rolled items (max roll self-flaggelation is very important)

Rares
Spoiler

Most of the rares I am wearing are self-found or self-crafted.
Helmet

Here we use a STR base to be able to have 3 red colors guaranteed but any STR/INT base will work. The lab enchant is icing on the cake but definitively not needed. To craft this helmet just pick up a base and use two socket resonators with Pristine (Life + %Life) and Metallic (Lightning Res + -Lightning Res to Nearby Enemies) keep rolling it until you hit these stats. This took me about 10 tries which was like 40-50c.

Gloves

Any Life/Mana/2-3 Res gloves will work here and if you can get the Increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies roll from the Temple then it's a +, I lucked out and got these from my first temple this league.

Boots

Again, any Life/Mana/2-3 Res + Movements Speed. These are relatively cheap beginning of league or you can just try to craft your own later on using Pristine (Life + %Life) with Shuddering (Movement Speed + Movement Speed on Hit)

Amulet

We choose a shaper amulet with as much EXTRA damage as possible. Life/Mana/Res is also important as well as Crit Multi if possible.

Belt

Essence crafted with like 2-3 essences just go until you get T1 life + decent res. For the jewel, we use flat life and mana from abyss jewels with crit chance if available.

Weapon

Here we go for as much EXTRA damage, spell damage, crit chance/multi as we can. Ideally one extra damage roll at beginning of league is going to help a lot and going into later league you'll want to either alt spam craft a good dagger (Platinum Kris is best base) with 2 shaper extra damage mods, crit multi and spell damage.

Shield

For the shield we just go as defensive as we can while also prioritizing getting the shaper's +1 to maximum totem mod. This can be done by either chaos spamming or alt spamming then multi crafting when you get enough currency. These are also pretty cheap to buy as not a lot of people are using them.

Flasks

The choices here are pretty standard although a bit tricky. Diamond is a must have for any crit build. Atziri's is great as we are scaling both phys and ele.

The wise oak is where things get tricky, because you are cursing yourself you will need to overcap your resistances a bit and depending on how your resistances change, you might drop lightning under the other two which would mess up the wise oak. To handle this, we need to make sure we overcap our lightning over the other two by at least 12%.

** How to Play **
Spoiler

The play is very fluid and simple. When you enter a new zone you want to curse up, spam some totems until you have about 6-12 curses up and then spawn in your lightning golem. From here, we're ready to move, when mapping all you need to do is flame dash forward, put two totems down, flame dash, two totems etc.. It's pretty simple. When you get to a large pack or bigger mob, you can put down multiple totems and then hit the target with Conductivity to help your totems nuke.

For map bosses it requires a few seconds of setup if you want to 1 shot the boss (even guardians). When you enter the arena, throw a bunch of totems off screen where the boss is without aggroing him. When you have ALL your curses up, flame dash in(for Arcane Surge), hit the boss with Conductivity and hit your dps flasks right as your totems will throw their first beam and enjoy the show.
For harder bosses like UElder, the play style is kind of like mapping after your initial burst, you flame dash around throwing a totem down in between each dash in order to always be dodging while your totems shred.

** Content Cleared **
Spoiler

All T16s have been cleared easily, I haven't recorded map game play but can if people are interested.

Uber Elder is down week 1, kill is kind of sloppy as it's my third UElder kill ever but two portals is not too bad.
https://youtu.be/EDDm-2C1vsI

Last edited by Kiddthepirate on Mar 18, 2019, 9:48:25 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2019, 10:24:08 AM
It's legit. I had to suffer through him setting it up and it's Pog/Pog op.
Im curious with the infusion part. Is that factoring into PoB, even though totems dont gain the extra damage buff from infusion? If i only have a 5L starting, what would be the priority skills?
"
Ferralissa wrote:
Im curious with the infusion part. Is that factoring into PoB, even though totems dont gain the extra damage buff from infusion? If i only have a 5L starting, what would be the priority skills?

Hello,
You are right that totems do not get infusion. On the other hand, going through all of the other options it is the support that gives us the most flat damage. The only one that would compete would be Added Crit Multi which is good until you have a decent amount ~400 or so but starts to lose value the more you get. I plan on updating if I find better ways to scale but as of now infused channeling gives the most damage.

Hope this helped!

Edit - I skipped over the 5L question. In terms of having a 5L I would go Divine Ire, Multiple Totems, Phys To Lightning, Infused Channeling, (Added Lightning/Conc Effect), (Lightning Pen/Controlled Destruction). Play around with the optional ones to see which is more.
Last edited by Kiddthepirate on Mar 17, 2019, 10:38:15 PM
I started out testing a number of different new skills on the totem. I landed on Wave of Conviction for most of my playing, but range can be an issue sometimes. There is always a target that moves around so fast it is hard to keep them in range while also not getting hit.

This is what prompted me to try Divine ire which I had previously tossed aside early in my leveling as too slow.

Keep in mind my build is based around WoC and I am only using 4 totems. The Divine Ire build still just destroys stuff with same tree and gear. I have only done up to T6 maps because I am always busy trying new stuff and I have had bad luck with map drops lately

I find that if I drop the totems very close to whatever is attacking me, they are dead as I zip passed them and sometimes the next pack gets caught in the giant laser too.

Thanks for posting your build, I will take a look later when I am on a network that lets me get to it and see how I can improve my build.

Does conc effect do anything? It doesn't show as changing the tooltip dps
Last edited by Jimc0722 on Mar 19, 2019, 8:09:42 AM
So im curious as to why you picked up MoM if youre reserving all of your mana. At that point dont you think it would be more beneficial to drop MoM and pick up aura effectiveness nodes or more life because 200 mana isnt gonna help save you against the end game bosses. Or if youre using MoM for the mana nodes behind it, you can drop those 4 points and go two points into arcane will
"
Jimc0722 wrote:
Does conc effect do anything? It doesn't show as changing the tooltip dps

Divine Ire has an AoE Tag,so it has to work with conc effect, but i switched to faster casting, which is quite insane.

PoB doesn't calculate cast speed properly , but in the tooltip it's right, i think.
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
"
cyberaxel wrote:
So im curious as to why you picked up MoM if youre reserving all of your mana. At that point dont you think it would be more beneficial to drop MoM and pick up aura effectiveness nodes or more life because 200 mana isnt gonna help save you against the end game bosses. Or if youre using MoM for the mana nodes behind it, you can drop those 4 points and go two points into arcane will

So I explained in the post that when playing alone you want to use Wrath alone as that will give you the most base damage and you will still have 1000-1200 mana unreserved for MoM. I run with an aurabot 90% of the time that I play and he runs a much better version of Wrath so that is when I switch to double heralds to even further my damage (at this point I do not have wrath active so I again am only reserving half of my mana).

Hope this clears things up
build very similar to the one I'm following, and it makes me very happy, because it means that it works! thanks for sharing it

Cons

-Not very tanky
-Not a Jugg so cannot facetank all boss mechanics
-Having 12+ curses on your at all time can seem spooky

I fully agree, with the reported cons ...... apart from that I don't use the mantle and I'm not going to do it, I'll probably try the lorewave, to experiment I use some different combination ...

I'm sorry for my english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info