3.6 CI Bane/Blight , budget league starter, under 100c 800k+ shaper DPS

Hey guys, just wanted to share my take on the build! Its some kind of mix between yours and Lahkesis Queen of Chaos

https://pastebin.com/TtEgf6Rb

As of now, it should be around:

485k ED Dps
237k Bane Dps
700k Blight Dps

On shaper without Charges/Flasks

I'm currently working to get my Watcher's Eye, but still unsure if i should go for Malevolence Non-Ailment Chaos Dot or Disci/Faster Start.

What do you guys think?

Greets
Last edited by m0rd3cha1 on Apr 4, 2019, 3:06:53 AM
"
m0rd3cha1 wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to share my take on the build! Its some kind of mix between yours and Lahkesis Queen of Chaos

485k ED Dps
237k Bane Dps
700k Blight Dps

I'm currently working to get my Watcher's Eye, but still unsure if i should go for Malevolence Non-Ailment Chaos Dot or Disci/Faster Start.

What do you guys think?

Greets

I will check this out later for ideas :p thanks .

Always go for the tankiness. Once dead your DPS falls to ZERO
Malevolence damage is probably a lot cheaper tho.
"
m0rd3cha1 wrote:

485k ED Dps
237k Bane Dps
700k Blight Dps

What do you guys think?

Greets

-since you are not using a wither totem, you will practicly never reach 15 stacks of wither let alone maintain them,this does not reduce your damage on trash but on a boss it can make a huge difference.
id suggest finding a place to put a wither totem with multiple totem and if you have a free slot, increased duration is pretty neat.
spreading rot sadly isnt as strong as it feels it should.

- going for sovereignty, faith of steel and zealot's oath is a massive skill point waste IMO, it takes 11 points, you can get better results by getting:
-leadership for aura buffs
-harrier , extra cast and movement speed
-the ES/res node right of "ressourcefulness"
-arcane expanse

replace essence drain with Souldrend and you would gain a massive amount of damage ( ~300k dps bonus) and have a massive boost to ES regen/leech. you can ditch blight alltogether and get better and easier to sustain DPS with a wither totem setup

also you use energy from withing, i found stronger nodes for the same amount of points, removing : cruel preparations, heart and soul and arcanist dominion.
-added a cheap option for jewel, added soul thief node and void barrier,

heres a pastebin to give you an idea :
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/zMYv9bZy

Thx for your Ideas!

A couple of points:

I did consider running soulrend and ditching Blight altogether, the problem is: This setup leaves me with a whopping 133 Mana unreserved and 43 Mana regen (78 if hit recently), but as i understand it soulrend is a skill i'd have to spam due to low duration. I'd imagine some huge Mana problems coming up.

I've also been on the fence about Zealots Oath. I primarily kept it because i thought it would be good in connection with Essence Drain.

If i were to go for a Wither totem setup, i'd probably have to ditch blight because i dont really wanna give up my phaserun setup, as i feel like it is way too powerful for delving (which i really like) and mapping in general (as it's not the quickest of builds). All in all it would leave me with 2 Dot skills (Bane and Soulrend), which would ultimately decrease my dps alot as opposed to 3 dot skills (Bane, ED, Blight).

Are my thoughts here correct, what do you think?

Edit:

I'm also considering Swapping Vile Bastion and Wicked Ward for Void Beacon and Withering presence for a nice dmg buff and possibly a solution for the Wither/withering totem problem, but i'm afraid that i'd die way too much without the ES, ES Interruption mitigation and the cannot be stunned mod. It would probably be good if i went lowlife with presence of chayula and shavs, but i didnt wanna go through the hassle of 6 linking a shavs :D
Last edited by m0rd3cha1 on Apr 6, 2019, 6:27:13 AM
"
m0rd3cha1 wrote:
Thx for your Ideas!

A couple of points:

I did consider running soulrend and ditching Blight altogether, the problem is: This setup leaves me with a whopping 133 Mana unreserved and 43 Mana regen (78 if hit recently), but as i understand it soulrend is a skill i'd have to spam due to low duration. I'd imagine some huge Mana problems coming up.

I've also been on the fence about Zealots Oath. I primarily kept it because i thought it would be good in connection with Essence Drain.

If i were to go for a Wither totem setup, i'd probably have to ditch blight because i dont really wanna give up my phaserun setup, as i feel like it is way too powerful for delving (which i really like) and mapping in general (as it's not the quickest of builds). All in all it would leave me with 2 Dot skills (Bane and Soulrend), which would ultimately decrease my dps alot as opposed to 3 dot skills (Bane, ED, Blight).

Are my thoughts here correct, what do you think?

Edit:

I'm also considering Swapping Vile Bastion and Wicked Ward for Void Beacon and Withering presence for a nice dmg buff and possibly a solution for the Wither/withering totem problem, but i'm afraid that i'd die way too much without the ES, ES Interruption mitigation and the cannot be stunned mod. It would probably be good if i went lowlife with presence of chayula and shavs, but i didnt wanna go through the hassle of 6 linking a shavs :D

The mana shouldn't be too problematic. With all our increased durations and temporal chains the dot lasts ~ 1.3-1.5 second. So you don't need to spam it non stop. +You are much more mobile than with blight so that's great for survival.

If you switch to soulrend zealots path become completely useless . Might be worth trying essence drain and the soul thief node see if the hit leech is strong enough.

Idk how fast your build clears. But my version has ~ 250k bane DPS and every single mob does in ~.25 seconds up to t16.it has a 36 radius so it's fucking huge . As for delves I'm not very far( ~120) but the effect is similar I use blight mostly for bosses it's really strong vs slow and static bosses but useless vs bosses like phenix/hydra.

With flame dash/arcane surge I get a nice Mana Regen bonus and DPS with decent mobility. Try it out see if it works better than phase run.
Is phase run really effective ? Don't you need to recast every 2 seconds or every spell cast ?

Removing vile bastion and wicked ward would be a huge mistake unless you're going LL build and I'm not sure if it's worthwhile sure you could probably get 1 extra aura and a slightly bigger unreserved mana pool. At the cost of a much lower Es pool. Also probably would have to sacrifice some utility gems/movement to fit in blood magic/auras
Overall I feel the huge amount of currencies needed to accomplish such a build and reduced tankiness bwouldn't be worth the meager dps increase
Even without swift affliction and instead going for arcane surge, PoB says only .75 Skill duration for Soulrend (Tempchains effectiveness is way less on bosses) - does pob not consider everything? Also i dont really have alot of duration nodes, maybe something to look into

@Utility:

Currently I'm using both FD and Phaserun. I got lucky enough to get a frenzy charge talisman enchant in the safehouse, that way, with increased duration, my phaserun lasts forever (something like 8-10 seconds) spending 3 charges which is just awesome for delving because you can just zip in and out of side areas easily. I could definately lose the increased duration and maybe RF which would give me 2 slots for wither + spell totem, still giving me the option to go for blight/soulrend/bane, but i'm still very much concerned about the mana situation. The nice thing about ED is that it's fire and forget, which lets me focus on getting the right positioning for a decent blight channel and/or just dodging everything.

Last edited by m0rd3cha1 on Apr 6, 2019, 7:49:52 AM
"
m0rd3cha1 wrote:
Even without swift affliction and instead going for arcane surge, PoB says only .75 Skill duration for Soulrend (Tempchains effectiveness is way less on bosses) - does pob not consider everything? Also i dont really have alot of duration nodes, maybe something to look into

@Utility:

Currently I'm using both FD and Phaserun. I got lucky enough to get a frenzy charge talisman enchant in the safehouse, that way, with increased duration, my phaserun lasts forever (something like 8-10 seconds) spending 3 charges which is just awesome for delving because you can just zip in and out of side areas easily. I could definately lose the increased duration and maybe RF which would give me 2 slots for wither + spell totem, still giving me the option to go for blight/soulrend/bane, but i'm still very much concerned about the mana situation. The nice thing about ED is that it's fire and forget, which lets me focus on getting the right positioning for a decent blight channel and/or just dodging everything.

you should definitely check out soul thief ( or other ES leech nodes) if you want to stay with essence drain , honestly tho, with 11k ES you can survive most damage just with the ES recharge so if thats good for you go for it,

just make sure you re satisfied with your dps either counting a 15 stacks wither with a totem ( wither+spell totem>multiple totem) or with no wither stacks at all if youre not planning on using a totem,
I would just like to say thank you! I've finally killed the shaper (deathless too!) for the first time in my POE experience. Awesome build!

Thank you
Thanks for ur Input!

Managed to get those GG boots - now i swapped my Antifreeze flask to a witchfire brew, but PoB doesn't say that it improves my damage at all - could u tell me why? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/y9adDNw4
"
Draeth07 wrote:
I would just like to say thank you! I've finally killed the shaper (deathless too!) for the first time in my POE experience. Awesome build!

Thank you

Awesome :) glad you enjoy it. I

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info