[3.10] Tai's Vixen-Bane Occultist | 4 curses

Ok...I should be good to go now...I have +1 from the gloves and I have the two passives allocated. Thanks :)
Hi there, just thinking to start new char and try this build and wonder what bandit reward u choose?
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Ive seen yur char on poe ninja. Looks good. I was wondering if you could post a vid or someting? Im curious how vixen works.. Does it cast the curse to every ennemy or just the one your targetting ..
"
Gravedancer wrote:
"
DrawingFlies wrote:
hey thanks for the build.

if i'm running 4 curses is it better to leave one linked with bane, or have all 4 curses in the gloves and use nothing but support gems with bane?

thanks again.

The top dps links for bane are, in order:

1) Efficacy (48.4%)
2) a single curse (47%)
3) controlled destruction (44%, no drawback)
4) swift affliction (44%, 15% reduced dueation though)
5) void manipulation (39%)

Special) empower. Can be anywhere between low 20ish% to almost 100% more depending on the item it's in (ie, a rank 3 empower is trash, a rank 4 empower with +1 all gems / +2 support gems is over 100% more though)

TL:DR
If you want bane to deal damage always use 1 curse - and only 1 curse - linked to bane. Rest in your gloves.

I'm a bit confused on how your math is working here. Efficacy makes sense because it adds duration, but controlled destruction? It adds 44% more damage. Each curse bane applies adds 47% more damage. How is 44%>47%? Why would you link controlled destruction/swift affliction/void manipulation over a second/third/fourth curse?
Last edited by Mentidabrony on Mar 20, 2019, 9:37:54 AM
"
Mentidabrony wrote:

I'm a bit confused on how your math is working here. Efficacy makes sense because it adds duration, but controlled destruction? It adds 44% more damage. Each curse bane applies adds 47% more damage. How is 44%>47%? Why would you link controlled destruction/swift affliction/void manipulation over a second/third/fourth curse?

Your first curse is a straight multiplyer. Ie curse and 3 supports in a 5L looks like (base dmg) x 1.47 x 1.48 x 1.44 x 1.44 with the 1.47 being your curse. Additional curses are addative with the first though. So bane with 4 curses would be (base dmg) x (1.47 + 1.47 + 1.47 + 1.47).

The difference between the damage modifiers in that case is ×4.51 with 1 curse/ 3 supports vs ×2.88 with 4 curses. In other words by using 3 supports you end up doing 56% more damage. And with the vixen gloves you can still apply as many curses as you'd like (as long as you'd like to apply 5 or less, and have the curse limit to support it of course)
Uh, wow, did I break the forum or something? I asked a question earlier and now the page isn't loading correctly.

I've seen a similar issue on a different forum and posting another reply usually fixes it, so... here's me attempting to fix that.
"
Gravedancer wrote:
"
Mentidabrony wrote:

Your first curse is a straight multiplyer. Ie curse and 3 supports in a 5L looks like (base dmg) x 1.47 x 1.48 x 1.44 x 1.44 with the 1.47 being your curse. Additional curses are addative with the first though. So bane with 4 curses would be (base dmg) x (1.47 + 1.47 + 1.47 + 1.47).

The difference between the damage modifiers in that case is ×4.51 with 1 curse/ 3 supports vs ×2.88 with 4 curses. In other words by using 3 supports you end up doing 56% more damage. And with the vixen gloves you can still apply as many curses as you'd like (as long as you'd like to apply 5 or less, and have the curse limit to support it of course)

Ah, I see. I thought more multipliers were additive as well, hence my confusion. It turns out they're only additive when they're from the same source, such as frenzy charges. Thanks!
Want to thank the others for answering questions. Ended up switching over to a trickster and have been enjoying that a bit more but have dropped the league for now and am playing Grim Dawn while I wait for the 1 month event. Would definitely still recommend the build though.

"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi there, just thinking to start new char and try this build and wonder what bandit reward u choose?

I went with kill all. I don't really see any reason to go with any of the bandits.

"
Deadbringer wrote:
Ive seen yur char on poe ninja. Looks good. I was wondering if you could post a vid or someting? Im curious how vixen works.. Does it cast the curse to every ennemy or just the one your targetting ..

Thanks! Unfortunately I play on a potato PC so I can't record any footage (Hell I can barely play the game on Dynamic Resolution). Vixen just generally casts the curse so it will effect all enemies caught in the AoE. Also the wording on the item is a bit weird, but it does cast all socketed curses when you use bane despite it seeming otherwise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info