Planescape: Torment sequel.

There has been talk in the works for awhile now of finally doing a sequel to Planescape: Torment, arguably one of the best, if not the best CRPG ever made. (The best in my opinion). A kickstarter has finally been set in motion to make this happen.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera?ref=live
I am more than a little excited to check it out. Of course it won't use the Planescape setting because Wizards of the Coast sucks. However, I am sort of glad because I don't want them to use anything anywhere near the D20 system for it.
I know there probably isn't a huge overlap between ARPG fans and games like Torment, but I wanted to mention it here nonetheless.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Uh... I think I just creamed myself. Planescape: Torment game and book were fucking awesome!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
They say it isn't technically a sequel, but it's close enough. I don't back kickstarters, but i like this one.
Spoiler

Im getting the first game now. I cant believe something like this existed and part 2 is being made.
Clive thank you for posting this man, you are the dude on this one.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
"
Crossflip wrote:
They say it isn't technically a sequel, but it's close enough. I don't back kickstarters, but i like this one.

Spiritual successor is close enough for me.
"
"
Crossflip wrote:

spiritual successors are often preferable to direct sequels, especially considering the original storyline...

I'd give my soul for another Icewind Dale, I always preferred it (slightly) over Torment and I never liked Baldur's Gate that much.
I don't have sig :D -- gracy123
"
Onionspam wrote:
"
"
Crossflip wrote:

spiritual successors are often preferable to direct sequels, especially considering the original storyline...

I'd give my soul for another Icewind Dale, I always preferred it (slightly) over Torment and I never liked Baldur's Gate that much.

Very true, you couldn't really do a sequel to the original Torment and have it not be very questionable.
I tried getting into Icewind Dale but it was one of the games I missed when it was originally released and going back, its rough going for me. I really wanted to like it but I really don't think D&D translates well to video games. That goes for AD&D, D&D 3.0, any D20 system, etc. It is designed for tabletop.
I should say that if the combat is actually turn based, I can see it working, like in Temple of Elemental Evil. Of course that game has some serious UI issues.
Honestly, I found the Icewind Dale games much more linear than the Baldur's Gate games. My memory might be fuzzy but I think I am correct.

Other than that both Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate was the same when it comes to graphics and gameplay. Both were fun.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:

Other than that both Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate was the same when it comes to graphics and gameplay. Both were fun.

Thats because all of the above were built on the infinity engine. Ahh those were the days. Love em all, still got em all.

Good stuff.
GGG - Why you no?
Wow, this is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info