[3.7]⚡️⚡️⚡️Frostbolt Mine Saboteur | 1.61M shaper DPS 6.9K EHP with 3ex | Beginner/Budget Friendly!⚡️⚡️⚡️

"
mrdonial wrote:
Hi, can i play this build in 3.7?

Totally viable. According to the latest patch note, there isn't any nerf to Frostbolt and Mine. And my gears and passives don't use anything synthesis-league-exclusive so there won't be any big change.
Hi, guys!
1. Can anyone say what the difference in gameplay between Ice spear miner and Frostbolt miner?
2. Ice spear excellent on bossing, but for mapping Frostbolt better? Hm, I've checked dps right now, and in trash gear frostbolt better. And no complicacy with first form/second form and neednt't pierce (gloves with pierce, or Piercing shot on tree).
3. What about Glacial cascade? Is it good choice?
Last edited by zxc753 on Jun 11, 2019, 6:04:26 AM
"
zxc753 wrote:
Hi, guys!
1. Can anyone say what the difference in gameplay between Ice spear miner and Frostbolt miner?
2. Ice spear excellent on bossing, but for mapping Frostbolt better? Hm, I've checked dps right now, and in trash gear frostbolt better. And no complicacy with first form/second form and neednt't pierce (gloves with pierce, or Piercing shot on tree).

1. The angle of Ice Spear spreads depends on the location it targets. So for Ice Spear mines playstyle, you have to be closer to mobs than Frostbolt mines do for better clearing (wider spread projectiles) which may cause potential danger. This is a reason why I don't recommend Ice Spear as a league starter - you need clearing more than single DPS.

2. As I said above, Frostbolt is better on mapping imo. and your idea about "Frostbolt DPS is higher in trash gears" is right the fact.

3. Glacial Cascade is a totally different skill imo (tho they are all cold skills). GC wants to scale more on "gain #% physical damage as extra xxx damage" which leads to different (and much more expensive) gears. And GC is also inclined to be a boss-killing skill rather than a league starter clearing skill. After all, you can also scale GC like what you do to Frostbolt, but due to the balance against its potential from GGG, the base damage is lower than Frostbolt and so to the final damage in this situation.
Last edited by zhang8218923 on Jun 11, 2019, 6:16:59 AM
zhang8218923, thanks for answer!
And what about Frostbolt on T13+? Is it has enough dps for bosskilling? Are u using it for bosses? If yes - I should forget Ice spear, because it is more complicated)
"
zxc753 wrote:
And what about Frostbolt on T13+? Is it has enough dps for bosskilling? Are u using it for bosses? If yes - I should forget Ice spear because it is more complicated)

You need more investment for Shaper or Uber Elder. I mean, find 2 wands with "gain 20% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage" + high crit multiplier + high increased damage + added flat cold damage. The price may be too high for a league starter and I believe u can scale any cold skill well with this kind of gears.

In all, my suggestion is:
Frostbolt is for clearing with trash gears (up to T16 imo), but with decent gears, its damage is not that good compared with other skills.
Ice Spear is for single target, performing well both with trash gears and decent gears.
If you do want to use ONE skill for the whole game, Frostbolt can be a choice, while it is not the best choice once you accumulate some currency.

After all, this post is for LEAGUE STARTER doesn't it? :D
"
zhang8218923 wrote:
"
zxc753 wrote:
And what about Frostbolt on T13+? Is it has enough dps for bosskilling? Are u using it for bosses? If yes - I should forget Ice spear because it is more complicated)

You need more investment for Shaper or Uber Elder. I mean, find 2 wands with "gain 20% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage" + high crit multiplier + high increased damage + added flat cold damage. The price may be too high for a league starter and I believe u can scale any cold skill well with gears at this level.

In all, my suggestion is:
Frostbolt is for clearing with trash gears (up to T16 imo), but with decent gears, its damage is not that good compared with other skills.
Ice Spear is for single target, performing well both with trash gears and decent gears.
If you do want to use ONE skill for the whole game, Frostbolt can be a choice, while it is not the best choice once you accumulate some currency.

After all, this post is for LEAGUE STARTER doesn't it? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info