Black Back Ground

Should my computer be able to run this game? Or could fixing my video card settings or computer settings fix the problem?

Computer Specs:
Windows XP - Service Pack 3
Pent 4 - 3.20 GHZ
4 GB Ram
Video Card: ATI Radeon x850

EDIT: please excuse my misspelling in title: "background"

Last edited by Justin on Apr 1, 2012, 7:53:47 PM
"
Justin wrote:
Should my computer be able to run this game? Or could fixing my video card settings or computer settings fix the problem?

Computer Specs:
Windows XP - Service Pack 3
Pent 4 - 3.20 GHZ
4 GB Ram
Video Card: ATI Radeon x850

//http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/69/poess1.png

I'm guessing that the graphics for the load-up screen are a certain quality, and your graphics card can't handle it? Have you tried logging in to the game and seeing if it can run it?
Last edited by trax on Apr 1, 2012, 4:37:31 PM
when i try to run it, I get an error and it closes.

The graphics card is a 256 mb one.. so i though it would be good enough and might be something else.. but i guess not >.<

EDIT: i can run cod4: modern warfare with it (FPS usually around 40-65), so i thought this game would not be a problem
Last edited by Justin on Apr 1, 2012, 5:16:31 PM
"
Justin wrote:
when i try to run it, I get an error and it closes.

The graphics card is a 256 mb one.. so i though it would be good enough and might be something else.. but i guess not >.<

EDIT: i can run cod4: modern warfare with it (FPS usually around 40-65), so i thought this game would not be a problem

Yeah, I see people with Intel Integrated, but they can run more recent games. I'm guessing they are still working on optimization and whatnot, so you might still be able to run it at full release.

EDIT: Have you tried turning down all the options? Turn off V-Sync and whatnot as well?
Last edited by trax on Apr 1, 2012, 5:27:33 PM
Yeah, i tried running @ all low settings. Still same thing. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. :)

Thanks for the help.

/see you @ full release xD

EDIT: Ive tried all max settings and all max low settings in the game and on my video card and still same result. And i also had no problems what-so-ever during installation.

Installation and updating probably took 35-40 minutes.
Last edited by Justin on Apr 1, 2012, 7:58:56 PM
"
Justin wrote:
Yeah, i tried running @ all low settings. Still same thing. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. :)

Thanks for the help.

/see you @ full release xD

Yup, sorry guy.

Out of curiosity, what is the error you get when it closes?

after clicking "play" i usually hear a little bit of what sounds like "rain" and then after wards i get that error every time.
Your graphics card is probably too old to play the current Path of Exile version. It is, however, on the borderline of what we plan to support in future, so it is possible it will work one day, though I can't say for certain.
Code warrior
aight thanks for quick reply:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info