[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

You do not if you only use the combustion for the more damage multiplier, disregard the elemental resist debuff on combustion, its still a 29% more multiplier regardless if you use elemental focus or not. It works just fine.
Combustion is still 50% MORE damage than than multi totems support (21% penalty and 29% bonus), i hope you realise how massive this difference is!.
You have a limited number of more multipliers available for you to use, and this is still a good one. You can use controlled destruction + ele focus + combustion without a problem, all those more multipliers adds up. You do not need to ignite to get the more multiplier, only for the debuff which you do not need as a chieftain because you already penetrate so much resist.
You are replacing soul mantle with multiple totems supports which gives you a penalty of 50% less damage on each totem (multiple totems replacing combustion equals in -50% less damage) only to gain a small amount of chaos damage, which in the end results in way less damage. Try it out on PoB, even without the ignites this is still, by far, way better. It doesnt even compare. And btw you will not resummon your flame golem every 4 seconds to get the cast speed, thats highly inneficient (recently means within 4 seconds)[/quote]

yes, of course pob gives you more dmg with combustion than with mutli totems
- per totem -

greater projectiles in a molten strike setup lets you do less dmg than a pure more multiplier
- in pob - per ball -

dont get addicted to pob dps numbers.

[/quote]

To give exact numbers: Multiple totems gives you at 3 totems a 33 more multiplier, with the small benefit of having more totems tanking.

At 2 totems it's 60% more - so it's Nr 1 choice until you get the +1 shield / or endure the curse armor.
"
aranruth wrote:
Is Infernal mantle good for hc? For sure we get some def with increased dmg provided by mantle but isnt beast of the belly or kaoms hearth better for hc?

Hi!

You could go For belly of the beast for sure, its a good defensive way for the build, we lack on some dmg but overall i think we have enough to go far in end gaming :)

Regards, Mrseanconnor
"
Llyrain wrote:

You do not if you only use the combustion for the more damage multiplier, disregard the elemental resist debuff on combustion, its still a 29% more multiplier regardless if you use elemental focus or not. It works just fine.
Combustion is still 50% MORE damage than than multi totems support (21% penalty and 29% bonus), i hope you realise how massive this difference is!.
You have a limited number of more multipliers available for you to use, and this is still a good one. You can use controlled destruction + ele focus + combustion without a problem, all those more multipliers adds up. You do not need to ignite to get the more multiplier, only for the debuff which you do not need as a chieftain because you already penetrate so much resist.
You are replacing soul mantle with multiple totems supports which gives you a penalty of 50% less damage on each totem (multiple totems replacing combustion equals in -50% less damage) only to gain a small amount of chaos damage, which in the end results in way less damage. Try it out on PoB, even without the ignites this is still, by far, way better. It doesnt even compare. And btw you will not resummon your flame golem every 4 seconds to get the cast speed, thats highly inneficient (recently means within 4 seconds)

yes, of course pob gives you more dmg with combustion than with mutli totems
- per totem -

greater projectiles in a molten strike setup lets you do less dmg than a pure more multiplier
- in pob - per ball -

dont get addicted to pob dps numbers.

[/quote]

To give exact numbers: Multiple totems gives you at 3 totems a 33 more multiplier, with the small benefit of having more totems tanking.

At 2 totems it's 60% more - so it's Nr 1 choice until you get the +1 shield / or endure the curse armor.[/quote]

Hi!

thanks for comment,
I would say that multiple totems is rly good for farming/clearing maps faster!

You could swap the multiple totems support for like inc crit dmg or Slower projictle for Bosses (end game bosses).

Regards, Mrseanconnor
4 totems a 1m dps each is still better than 5 totems at 500k-600k each.
Simple math.
And PoB calculates it properly, it doesnt add the elemental debuff unless you specificly select "enemy is ignited". Even with this unticked it is way better.
Your totems are doing 50% LESS damage with multiple totems support vs using combustion (21%+29%=50%), it literally means HALF the damage cause its a more multiplier. This is not an exageration this is LITERALY what it means.
I think you guys are not understanding something properly in the game, cause no matter how you look at it is better, do the math urself. 4x1m = 4m, 5x600k = 3m. PoB wont tell you that. You get 4 totems from soul mantle + shaper shield vs 5 infernal mantle+ shield (multi tots gives 2 additionnal and shield +1).
Even if you are multiple persons telling me its better, facts are facts, those are hard numbers properly calculated. Not theory, have you guys even do the math??
Last edited by lemor0 on Mar 14, 2019, 2:50:10 PM
hello!

this bild good for ferst in lige?
"
Wanainau wrote:
hello!

this bild good for ferst in lige?

Hi man!

This is a very nice build for new players and its also very beginner friendly!

Im current at lvl 91 and mapping is doing great, everything is melting down and same with bosses.

Regards, Mrseanconnor
"
lemor0 wrote:
Simple math.
And PoB calculates it properly, it doesnt add the elemental debuff unless you specificly select "enemy is ignited". Even with this unticked it is way better.
Your totems are doing 50% LESS damage with multiple totems support vs using combustion (21%+29%=50%), it literally means HALF the damage cause its a more multiplier. This is not an exageration this is LITERALY what it means.
I think you guys are not understanding something properly in the game, cause no matter how you look at it is better, do the math urself. 4x1m = 4m, 5x600k = 3m. PoB wont tell you that. You get 4 totems from soul mantle + shaper shield vs 5 infernal mantle+ shield (multi tots gives 2 additionnal and shield +1).
Even if you are multiple persons telling me its better, facts are facts, those are hard numbers properly calculated. Not theory, have you guys even do the math??

yes, combustion is the way to go over multiple totems.

every flame totem/warchief build on poe ninja is using multiple totems.
people like placing two totems at once. they like it more than higher dps numbers in pob.
they like wearing defensive chests, not beeing committed to use soul mantle or a shaper shield.

but they are all wrong. you are right. you did the math. (combustion over multi totems = more dmg in pob = hard numbers)

please, swap out mt for combustion if you want

Last edited by Jennehwein on Mar 14, 2019, 7:24:55 PM
Hi, thanks for the guide!

On your HC Chieftain build, is it possible to put a Kaom's Heart?
Edit: I play SC, but die too often so a like to be more tanky

What would be the best weapon in this case?
PoB says Cauteriser is better than a +3 staff, don't know if there are other options.

Thanks again.
Last edited by Starquake_ on Mar 14, 2019, 9:21:05 PM
"
Jennehwein wrote:
"
lemor0 wrote:
Simple math.

yes, combustion is the way to go over multiple totems.

every flame totem/warchief build on poe ninja is using multiple totems.
people like placing two totems at once. they like it more than higher dps numbers in pob.
they like wearing defensive chests, not beeing committed to use soul mantle or a shaper shield.

but they are all wrong. you are right. you did the math. (combustion over multi totems = more dmg in pob = hard numbers)

please, swap out mt for combustion if you want

I only need to summon 1 totem to clear a space with monsters in it, 2 is overkill when you do that much damage. You drop one and run to the next pack of monsters and never look back. You need quality on your flame totems for the quality % increased projectile speed in order to do this however, they will reach way further back. (this was changed from % totem life). Also the 30% flame totem projectile speed enchant helps immensely with this. % increased totem damage is the garbage enchant as it doesnt even add that much damage.
Also Infernal mantle is the least defensive option if you reserve your mana "25% increased spell damage taken while on low mana" means that you take 25% MORE damage from spells. You are very often low on mana (cause flame totem costs so much mana) or 100% of the time if you reserve too much mana. It is good with Blood Magic Chieftains tho cause 0/0 = 100% mana in this case so you never take the increased spell damage penalty. Its not just hard numbers per totem it's also the total dps you do while all of your totems are active. You could however use multiple totems on a 2nd spell totem setup to complement your flame totems and still retain your actual number of flame totems without lowering their damage/total number of summoner flame totems. A good spell totem could be something like divine ire or whatever you feel like using.
Last edited by lemor0 on Mar 14, 2019, 11:00:14 PM
"
lemor0 wrote:
% increased totem damage is the garbage enchant as it doesnt even add that much damage.

Garbage, huh? 20% quality and WoC gives me 50% increased projectile speed, more than enough. In my case 40% increased damage translates into 5k tooltip DPS per projectile (before Overload, resistance reduction, and penetration that is which effectively double the damage). I'd take that over projectile speed any day.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 15, 2019, 6:50:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info