[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

"
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Yes this new wheel is even worse than before because that dex + 20 on the bottom of the wheel is crucial to many many int build to get enough dex...

This is way worse than the previous version.

Also why create a wheel that FORCE shadow into grabbing area of effect on the top wheel when not all build use area of effect? The previous new version makes much more sense.

problem is that this build goes through the lower path (trickery into elemental focus into cold-hearted calculation) so the int node saved at the top of cold-hearted calculation is worthless to us since we dont path there at all

also those suggesting to use zealotry to increase crit chance and 15% more damage, you can do the same with half the mana with aspect of spider. Consecrated ground on hit is useless since the ground is created on the mob's ground, not below you lol.

Just use aspect of spider + ice golem and save 25% mana which can be used on herald of thunder or arctic armour

Golems die very easily, and can get you killed if bosses target him. And I guarantee you will die in incursion to chaos spitters if ypu use a golem. I definitely would not rely on a golem to fix EO problem
Is it possible to link your tree other than with pastebin, I don't use that site.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
pajamapants wrote:
What about the spiritual aid node and bone helmet for extra damage?

You can definitely build the tree to take that, but Bone helmet got nerfed from max 40% to 20% - and you miss out on some other stuff. If you try it out, give us a link to the tree :)

"
Romulas19 wrote:
Is it possible to link your tree other than with pastebin, I don't use that site.

I will link you via poeplanner.com - it won't have any gear tho
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 8, 2019, 8:41:05 AM
Thanks again, Lyxara! Gonna try this as my league starter! :D
I played Winter orb alot in 3.5 and made some build youtube guide about it. I would recomend that you drop beacon of ruin for paragon of calamity. Becuse you can get crafted on ring shock nearby enemys 4 sec when focus, and thats basicly dose what beacon of ruin dose (aoe the rest). Paragon of calamity gives us all the leech we need and we can run every map mod, translate to vaaling each map for insane profits.
What do you all think?
"
Nordatheman wrote:
I played Winter orb alot in 3.5 and made some build youtube guide about it. I would recomend that you drop beacon of ruin for paragon of calamity. Becuse you can get crafted on ring shock nearby enemys 4 sec when focus, and thats basicly dose what beacon of ruin dose (aoe the rest). Paragon of calamity gives us all the leech we need and we can run every map mod, translate to vaaling each map for insane profits.
What do you all think?

Or just have 2 builds and have that 2nd build do the reflect map :D...

For that shock ring thing, the cd is 12 sec right?
And how large is the shocking radius?

I feel like 12 sec cd is abit too long as a dps boost...
With Beacon of Ruin it's guaranteed 20% MORE dps all the time no?
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 8, 2019, 8:57:53 AM
"
Nordatheman wrote:
What do you all think?

I will run Warlord' Mark on hit on one of my rings, that's the life/mana leech I need :) But there are different ways to build Winter Orb, if you prefer an other way I won't say it's wrong, I just showcase my take on this build :)
And I have to tell you, I'm a simple man, I like 1 button builds :D

"
mic01851165 wrote:

Or just have 2 builds and have that 2nd build do the reflect map :D...

For that shock ring thing, the cd is 12 sec right?
And how large is the shocking radius?

I feel like 12 sec cd is abit too long as a dps boost...
With Beacon of Ruin it's guaranteed 20% MORE dps all the time no?

Beacon is only the spread and increased damage from shock, inscreased effect of chill & burn. Shaper of Desolation is the rotating wheel that gives us every 4 seconds Shock.

it starts with 4sec chilling, 4sec shocking, 4sec ignite and then 2sec all three. it rotates definitely faster
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 8, 2019, 9:05:48 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:
What do you all think?

I will run Warlord' Mark on hit on one of my rings, that's the life/mana leech I need :) But there are different ways to build Winter Orb, if you prefer an other way I won't say it's wrong, I just showcase my take on this build :)

Not to mention Warlord mark literally get buffed this patch against bosses.

33% effectiveness of curse is god-send.
Thanks Lyxara
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:
What do you all think?

And I have to tell you, I'm a simple man, I like 1 button builds :D

With Yoke of Suffering amulet, we could drop the focus and still have enough dmg to get the 20% (also with the right jewels it gives a lot of extra dmg). Just felt like a waste with the warlord's mark ring at the end game, so we could be free to use any other curse in our setup like enfeeble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info