[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

"
mic01851165 wrote:
Why not keep the controlled destruction and use the new Aura Zealoustry?
It seems to increases base crit of winter orb, and grant 15% MORE spell damage.
With Enlighten, it should address the mana reservation issue.
Or is this build cost too much mana to utilize the low mana count?

PS: Great mind thinks alike.
Your skill tree is like 99% identical to the new set-up I self created a day ago. Only difference is I grabbed the jewel on the scion tree middle instead of the shadow one on the right. I honestly have no idea why you pick the dex one instead of getting free 18% res x 2.

Regarding the new Aura, I tested it with hatred (same mana cost reserve, even with Enlighten level 4 it gives us -3% mana (Herald of Thunder/Ice + Aspect of the Spider). Early on you can use it, I will prolly do the same - thanks for that! But late game I don't know if I want to miss out Aspect of the Spider.

Regarding the Jewel socket, that's not final as of now, firs the shadow area gets changed as we see in the twitter post: So Shadow area will be a 2point Jewel and Scion one a 3point one.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Your skill tree is like 99% identical to the new set-up I self created a day ago. Only difference is I grabbed the jewel on the scion tree middle instead of the shadow one on the right. I honestly have no idea why you pick the dex one instead of getting free 18% res x 2.

Regarding the new Aura, I tested it with hatred (same mana cost reserve, even with Enlighten level 4 it gives us -3% mana (Herald of Thunder/Ice + Aspect of the Spider). Early on you can use it, I will prolly do the same - thanks for that! But late game I don't know if I want to miss out Aspect of the Spider.

Regarding the Jewel socket, that's not final as of now, firs the shadow area gets changed as we see in the twitter post: So Shadow area will be a 2point Jewel and Scion one a 3point one.

Wait what!?

So the one I'm using in POB atm is not the FINAL VERSION?

Geez, here goes my plan all poofed...
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

really hope bex was kidding with this change
fucking dumb idea
Yes this new wheel is even worse than before because that dex + 20 on the bottom of the wheel is crucial to many many int build to get enough dex...

This is way worse than the previous version.

Also why create a wheel that FORCE shadow into grabbing area of effect on the top wheel when not all build use area of effect? The previous new version makes much more sense.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 8, 2019, 6:33:54 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Yes this new wheel is even worse than before because that dex + 20 on the bottom of the wheel is crucial to many many int build to get enough dex...

Also why create a wheel that FORCE shadow into grabbing area of effect on the top wheel when not all build use area of effect? The previous new version makes much more sense.

Yep, I don't know if it's a troll or not, I hope it is...

regarding the Zealotry Aura, setup would be something like this:

Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Zealotry - Enlighten

this also enables the use of Controlled Destruction which will need some testing first
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 8, 2019, 7:25:00 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

problem is that this build goes through the lower path (trickery into elemental focus into cold-hearted calculation) so the int node saved at the top of cold-hearted calculation is worthless to us since we dont path there at all

also those suggesting to use zealotry to increase crit chance and 15% more damage, you can do the same with half the mana with aspect of spider. Consecrated ground on hit is useless since the ground is created on the mob's ground, not below you lol.

Just use aspect of spider + ice golem and save 25% mana which can be used on herald of thunder or arctic armour
Tanks for the hard work Lyxara, I will definitely start with this build.
I just have a question regarding new 3.6 nodes. Isn't it interesting to go find Singular Focus nodes ?
Lyxara Thanks!
"
Shorn3 wrote:
Tanks for the hard work Lyxara, I will definitely start with this build.
I just have a question regarding new 3.6 nodes. Isn't it interesting to go find Singular Focus nodes ?

That was my first intention to go over there to get them, but Lucidity - which is on the way to the shadow area, has same amount of damage and even has some chance to avoid being stunned when you channel your orb, which is nice.
What about the spiritual aid node and bone helmet for extra damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info