[OUTDATED] [3.6] [CLEAR][BERSERKER] Smite SSF HC viable

i am gonna start this as the next leveling experience - did just look you up at poe ninja and got here by chance - did not know that there is a guide to it - just found it interesting that a berserker made it so far in hc ssf.

I am pretty new to poe and will play this in softcore but will try to not die - had a trickster and made it to 90 before dying the first time. the flickerstrike build i tried yesterday was a disaster - died at 71.

wish me luck and thanks for the wall of text - i like it that way.
Congrats on the 100 in SSFHC!
how about to swap chernobog shield for redblade banner if possible? almost same hp + a bit of leech + 50% inc warcry recovery( ~ 0.3sec less cooldown)
"
LimYoOi wrote:
i am gonna start this as the next leveling experience - did just look you up at poe ninja and got here by chance - did not know that there is a guide to it - just found it interesting that a berserker made it so far in hc ssf.

I am pretty new to poe and will play this in softcore but will try to not die - had a trickster and made it to 90 before dying the first time. the flickerstrike build i tried yesterday was a disaster - died at 71.

wish me luck and thanks for the wall of text - i like it that way.

"
ocping wrote:
Congrats on the 100 in SSFHC!

Thanks mane <3

"
TitansFury121 wrote:
how about to swap chernobog shield for redblade banner if possible? almost same hp + a bit of leech + 50% inc warcry recovery( ~ 0.3sec less cooldown)

Yea Chernobog's isn't a SO good choice anymore after the enfeeble nerf.

Redblade is OK, but I think the best choice now is going for +200hp lioneye's remorse for huge life and armour (I did that after lvl 98 with Cuddling_with_hyenas, I was very content with it) or fossil craft a pristine + prismatic (elder) ezomyte tower shield and then craft mana on it for lots of ehp and resistances.

1.8 sec warcry CD is totally enough, not need for 1.5 sec, nonstop warcry spam is too tiresome for most people including me and the warcry cd was never bothering me with Berserker (with all other classes it does though) so I would rather go for more ehp/armour/resistances on the shield.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 1, 2019, 6:43:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this build mate!

As someone that's paranoid about death (Playing RF JuGG atm) - what content do you avoid? Or is there any? Seems like you take care of Incursions, and Betrayal both really solidly. Are there any Breaches, Beyonders, or Map Bosses that in particular give you trouble?

Congrats on level 100 and showing that Zerker is strong!
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
Last edited by Steeldraconis on Apr 1, 2019, 1:29:07 PM
"
Steeldraconis wrote:

As someone that's paranoid about death (Playing RF JuGG atm) - what content do you avoid? Or is there any? Seems like you take care of Incursions, and Betrayal both really solidly. Are there any Breaches, Beyonders, or Map Bosses that in particular give you trouble?

Thanks and thanks a lot for making the video, really made my day.

Edited the wall of text cause it was too long.

What I absolutely avoid is Bloodlines or Nemesis Delves. Deadliest thing ever now even more with the random obelisks that kill players at the start. Even without bullshit like this https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticAmericanMageFUNgineer, bloodlines and nemesis are the worst delve modes to have, worse than crit, increased damage and ele penetration.

At Betrayal I keep Tora, It that Fled, Janus, Cameria and Elreon on lowest level, I always interogate them on sight. Even with the basic mitigation they are overtuned and levelling them up is an unncessary risk.

I dont do breachstones and also not pure breachstones. I open all breaches in maps of course but as soon as the breachlord himself comes I am out. The worst breachbosses for me are Tul and Esh due to their spell spam. It needs either abnormal resistances, spelldodge or both.

Getting Abaxoth in Beyond is also the signal for me TO GET OUT.

Worst map bosses are the core map boss, map shavronne und map dominus.

After zone level 78 I dont go for the architect anymore when running temples cause he can roast even 15k ehp players if they dont play his game and his loot is pretty niche so not much reason to go for him.

I dont do guardians, shaper and elder cause too rippy for hc. Pussyslayer69 got killed in the shaper fight without any warning or animation just pure mayhem of the game. And this dude actually managed to kill all the guardians in hc without dying so the shaper fight is really not designed to be done in hardcore i think.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 3, 2019, 8:11:36 PM
For all the dudes who really dont want to play Smite I think consecrated path is the perfect alternative. Needs some aoe investment though so I guess we have to give up the ranger tree for that.

300k conc path dps without shock and no savage hit taken, so it might be more with all possible buffs, only gem that I changed was Ruthless instead of Ancestral Call:

pastebin PoB: https://pastebin.com/wj2x3PgS

Here its also cleary visible why the 60:40 MoM is WORSE than the default 70:30 in that particular build and that gear.

I should have rerolled the chest with pristine + lucent or just pristine and then craft flat mana or inc life/inc mana on it. But I ain't touching this char anymore lul.

I have like 200-400 ehp more (in the PoB link I have too much mana for a 70:30 ratio so I would fix that by rerolling the chest with pristine fossils till I have a 150 flat life 5% inc life chest and then craft mana on it) just by skilling more %increased life nodes and reskilled some %increased mana nodes. After skilling all the big mana nodes, the small mana nodes are not doing as much as the small life nodes and at one point a player has all the big mana nodes and there are non left. So yea 70:30 ratio gives the highest ehp. Could get up to 11000 with this char.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 3, 2019, 11:47:22 AM
"
"
Steeldraconis wrote:

What I absolutely avoid is Bloodlines or Nemesis Delves. Deadliest thing ever now even more with the random obelisks that kill players at the start. Even without bullshit like this https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticAmericanMageFUNgineer, bloodlines and nemesis are the worst delve modes to have, worse than crit, increased damage and ele penetration.

At Betrayal I keep Tora, It that Fled, Janus, Cameria and Elreon on lowest level, I always interogate them on sight. Even with the basic mitigation they are overtuned and levelling them up is an unncessary risk.

I dont do breachstones and also not pure breachstones. I open all breaches in maps of course but as soon as the breachlord himself comes I am out. The worst breachbosses for me are Tul and Esh due to their spell spam. It needs either abnormal resistances, spelldodge or both.

After zone level 78 I dont go for the architect anymore when running temples cause he can roast even 15k ehp players if they dont play his game and his loot is pretty niche so not much reason to go for him.

I dont do guardians, shaper and elder cause too rippy for hc. Pussyslayer69 got killed in the shaper fight without any warning or animation just pure mayhem of the game. And this dude actually managed to kill all the guardians in hc without dying so the shaper fight is really not designed to be done in hardcore i think.

Thanks for uploading some gameplay footage! I'll start redirecting folks from the G3 youtube towards your channel as a reference for the build.

Congrats once again!
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
"
Steeldraconis wrote:
"
"
Steeldraconis wrote:

Thanks for uploading some gameplay footage! I'll start redirecting folks from the G3 youtube towards your channel as a reference for the build.

Congrats once again!

Very good, thanks man!

I cant play the game normally right now cause the game doesn't use dynamic resolution anymore for any reason and that means turbine gpu fan (I am extremly noise sensitive I cant even use a headset without getting earaches after a while) and lags stuttering en masse at breaches.

So I thought about turning this into a bosskiller build so the guys who are playing this in standard ssf can have some fun too.

And less abyss jewel usage cause they gonna be dogpoo in the next league.

Thats what I came up with:

pastebin pob: https://pastebin.com/a56cGB6K

Savage hit is marked because it wont be hard to take a savage hit at the endgame bosses, shock is not because obviously this is never going to shock a guardian or even shaper for 50% inc damage taken.

So the tooltip does NOT include shock.

keep in mind that the dps values can be doubled cause ancestral call makes us hit the bosses two times if we got the sweet spot and with smite the sweet spot is super easy to find due to instantly seeing it with the animation.

We solely go lightning damage now, we aint getting that much other damage anyway due to not spamming abyss jewels anymore.

Also we got 450k dps ancestral warchief and 400k vaal ancestral warchief.

For anyone too lazy to import it, here is what the skilltree looks like:

It still has instant warcries, all the buffed flasked stuff, 9400 ehp, can be easily 10k ehp again with a 70:30 MoM and better gear.

Didnt change ANY gear of my char except giving him the perfect weapon and a diamond flask instead of a quartz. So with good crit chance/multi and better life/mana gear the values can be much higher and of course by having a breastplate that does not violate the default 70:30 ratio.

And we gonna use assassins mark instead of enfeeble to boost the dps.

The perfect weapon is craftable in SSF and needs 6ex: 2 for multicraft + 3 for attacks cannot miss + 1 for ele penetration on the workbench.

Thats the curse of playing an attack build right now, it needs a good weapon and/or good abyss jewels and/or a lot of damage flasks to deal endgameboss worthy dps.

I tightened the restriction by just having a good weapon and just 1 abyss jewel and no unique flasks because unique damage flasks might not drop in SSF.

We gonna have those exalts due to not need them for jewel crafting anymore.

Its looks crazy and it for sure is but it makes sense game mechanic wise. MoM builds have a really easy time to wander all the skilltree and get the starting regions because they all have massive amounts of life, mana, attackspeed, some damage.

And crit chance and crit multi nodes are split all over the skilltree so wandering all over the skilltree gives a player the chance to get all the gud crit wheels and nodes.

Just 1 abyss jewel used, could also be easily a crimson jewel with crit multi + attack speed.

If you got good crimson jewels with crit multi + attack speed you might not need the throatseeker wheel.

I plan to play this in Standard SSF if my GPU fan lets me and then upload videos.

Cheers.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 10, 2019, 5:22:43 PM
Great thread! I am taking notes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info