[3.6] Divine Ire Kamehameha Crit Boi - Life Based

WELCOME TO THE INQUISITOR KAMEHAMEHA

Hey guys!

This is my first guide and I'll be updating it as gem info is released. This guild is going to be extremely extremely spare, and I'll update it as I learn how to link gear and gems, and import a basic build guide.

Once poeplanner updates as well I will put trees as well as a POB if/when that updates.

INTRODUCTION

Pastebin for tree https://pastebin.com/JnQciasF

Alternative link for tree, I think these trees are slightly different, and I like the PoePlanner one more, I'll update the pastebin pob link and change it when I have time.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAPsAEBUBAHpPBEPIW6CnVXwOaPLwH6IABLPAZjzvGF08Be98rv_VpoKbRUcy0evumuBFnVNSfIMRLSycvOpqQwVCrrNBltD1TLPQH-_rIG5QMNteBAeD21XGCPQtH5UgwfOiow_EO3y4yn_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h0OSOOEXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_df2Eb9RCtUg2PZ2qbIxirBzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRTD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp6g5mdxSp-JvBBR-tLhksib9BopDxZv42opi5tu34aAMAKW0nySbrxWAAAAAAA=

The basic logic of this guide, or this build idea in general is based on my presumption regarding Divine Ire and what it entails. Its "more damage as you charge stages" mechanic reminds me a lot of scourge arrow, and the kind of absurd one-shots people did stacking flat lightning w/ scourge arrow is exactly the kind of single target and one shots I hope this build can scale to provide.

Preliminary idea for links is Divine Ire, Increased Critical Strikes support, Increased Critical Damage support, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect support, and for the 6th link, I'm deciding between the new Storm Barrier if its good enough of a more multiplier for channeling skills while providing defensive benefits, Physical to Lightning support potentially, or power charge on critical strike, which can not only provides charges to us when bossing, but should also give us a 24%-28% more multiplier since we can get 6 on tree quite easily, and potentially get a 7th power charge on gear. Another option is also Empower depending on how the gem scales. When details come out, we will see.

M did a quick POB and poetree.com test, and this build gets 500% crit chance on tree and gems, 250% crit multi on tree and gems, and something like 500% increased damage from all sources on tree assuming full conversion. So that's counting increases to spell damage, increased to global physical damage (force shaper tree near shadow), and increased to elemental damage.

This is managed while also pathing to doom whispers for +1 curse, with the new improvements to curses for boss damage, ideally something like an an orb of storm set up w/ curse on hit and conductivity + assassins mark would be ideal. This build also finishes the full duelist life wheel among other life nodes, and finishes with something like 185-190% inc. maximum life on tree.

If the numbers on Divine Ire work out, I can see this being extremely strong and worth considering. I'll be using this as my league starter and adding content when I can.

ITEMS:

Quick considerations for uniques:

CHEST: Inpulsa 6l for shock scaling and inc. damage when socked is also nice, it will also allow the tendrils affect and short bursts of ire clear screens. Inpulsa luckily avoided nerfs while meta skills got shiton, and there is a chance a cheap Inpulsa will help us afford this chest quicker. A classic tabula is probably more than enough as you have shittons of life on the tree, and going for a tab will probably take you to red maps while you farm the inpulsa. For a more defensive oriented build, both Loreweave and Incandescent Heart work, although w/ the new changes to Loreweave, I'd recommend Incandescent Heart's very very nice physical mitigation.

Rings: Opals crafted w/ flat lightning damage or spell damage w/ essences, life and res

Neck: Yoke of Suffering seems like a good option if you go Hrimsorrow and can freeze/shock/chill enemies. Classic crit/crit/life/spell damage is good. BIS neck is probably a neck w/ 2x t1 gain elemental damage as a % of phys, and life/multi/crit. Classic shaper neck.

Gloves: Here we have some interesting choices. The budget option is to go Hrimsorrow for easy 100% conversion, and scale ele/crit on the tree with no problem. The most expensive option would be a double betrayal craft "25% converted", thus converting the other 50% of the spell while potentially getting good res/life/atk speed. The 3rd option is to get gloves w/ only one 25% conversion craft, and getting the 15% conversion node for lightning spells near templar. If this route is taken, 25% from gloves, 15% from tree, and 50% from Divine Ire itself, will leave you at 90% conversion which is probably good enough, and you only miss out on a bit of scaling. Still finding ways to efficiently close that gap is worth considering. It's of note that if Physical to Lightning support is taken as a link, the tree and glove slot changes entirely. Now you can go for spell damage implicit gloves with as much life, res, and attack speed as you can manage.

Boots: Kaom's roots are ideal for lategame ubereldering, so if this is the goal, managing resists knowing that you will get nothing on your boots is a solid idea. If labbing with this, one shotting izaro and whirling blading everywhere, then Death's Door for quality of life. Most reasonable option for the first few weeks of league is just classic 30% movespeed, as much life and res as you can afford/need boots.

Belt: As always, a metallic + pristine + prismatic crafted stygian with 30 lightning 30 elemental damage, as much life/res as possible, and then a 20% generic damage craft is probably BIS. Just getting as strong of a stygian as possible, knowing that you need the above mentioned setup eventually for gg scaling is good to know. personally i just stack life/res till I can craft my own stygian.

Helmet Dexterity is a bit lacking on this build, and you might need it for high levels of Hatred. If so, a classic Starkonja's you can't go wrong with. We never plan on being low life with this build, with leech to prevent that from happening, and tons of life. The attack speed is very nice for your movement skill. Ideally, you probably want a 110+ life, 3% max life, -9% lightning resistance for nearby enemies fossil crafted helm on a base w/ an enchant for Divine Ire but that remains to be seen.

Weapons I'd have to POB to see at what point of spell/crit daggers is better or worse than statsticks, but one of the BEST league start weapons for these conversion skills is the princess Sabre. Each one will give 30% phys to cold, and getting 2 of them is probably a massive massive damage boost for a few alc. I'd certainly recommend starting off with them, and then going for shaper sticks/or gg flat spell lightning + spell crit and multi daggers as you can afford/craft.

If daggers, movement skill would be whirling blades.

If dagger + shield to hit res/life goals, particularly early league, use shield charge.

If the skill scales well through empower, like incredibly well through empower, then late game BIS setup might be a signal fire for 100% conversion and a +3 bow crafted w/ the 20% more fossil, and spell damage meta crafts.

Flasks

Consecrated ground's ailment immunity makes added lightning damage to spells vinktar incredible.

5 flasks should probably be a life flask w/ bleed immunity, an atziri flask since you double dip both the increased damage and leech effects, a quicksilver of warding for curse immunity, an added damage to spells vinktar since on consecrated ground we're ailment immune and dodge the harm of the self-shock, and finally a silver flask with whatever you want.

Auras

Hatred plus Herald of ice linked to onslaught and blind seems good to me. Herald of ice with our absurd crit will provide defensive bonuses through shatter, and assist in the tendrils' clear as well. Hatred for the gain extra phys as cold which we scale throughout all gear and the tree. It is substantially worse for us in 3.6 than 3.5, but it's still probably better than Wrath. It also provides a lot of flat cold which is fine.

Ascendancy

Inquisitor of course, 4 points to crits ignore res, and then 4 points on the revised consecrated ground tree. The consecrated ground tree provides damage mitigation, shittons of crit, and mana regen as well as both forming while we channel, and persisting when we whirling blades away to dodge abilities, very nice QoL!

Thank You for reading!

I'll add more to this guide as I can think of stuff!

I know I'm missing a lot, but do let me know if the generic idea is starting an interesting conversation! I will do my best to flush out the guide to be something amazing. As a new player, guides here helped me so much, and I'd love to be able to help make someone's experience smoother and more fun. I look forward to developing this guide! If you've actually read all the way to the end please leave me a comment with any advice regarding this guide's development, or any thoughts you have on succeeding with this build's idea.
Last edited by jinxampitup on Mar 6, 2019, 10:34:34 PM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2019, 10:12:22 AM
Why life based in a CI league ?
great work! i plan on following this as well.
"
Yukmout01 wrote:
Why life based in a CI league ?

So this is an interesting conversation to have. It is definitely an option to go CI, but the templar's close proximity to extremely strong life nodes made me lean toward going life. Perhaps CI will be a less budget, better option, but that remains to be seen.

I'm not opposed to going CI per se, and this build is extremely easily converted to CI. I do think that CI is better when you can regret into it and have some money, I would absolutely pursue life-based in the beginning. 6-7k life is not a problem at all with this build, and should provide sufficient defenses in the "best defense is one shotting everything" meta anyway.

If you decide to go CI, let me know how it goes! I think it might be better in the absolute end game since CI is generically overtuned, but will require better gear.
"
jinxampitup wrote:
Perhaps CI will be a less budget, better option, but that remains to be seen.

I think as soon as you put Inpulsa in the build you can't call it budget anyway, so may as well go CI (or at least hybrid until you can go to CI).

This is the quick tree I made for Divine Ire CI on Inquis, assuming 100+% conversion to elemental (likely through hrimsorrow to begin with). I like your link ideas for the 6L. I don't think I'll be using Inpulsa in my final build.

I am not getting an extra curse because it does not synergize well with Inquisitor. Inquisitor ignores resistances, while the curses modify resistances so I'll probably be either ringing or blasphemy Warlord's.

How do you think you'll be dealing with mana?

PoB link (yay it was updated!): https://pastebin.com/m0KhKDbC

edit: depending on the added damage effectiveness of divine ire some of this stuff is definitely up in the air.

edit 2: Updated some stupid fat fingering in the PoB build.
Last edited by dexaline on Mar 6, 2019, 3:00:56 PM
"
dexaline wrote:
"
jinxampitup wrote:
Perhaps CI will be a less budget, better option, but that remains to be seen.

I think as soon as you put Inpulsa in the build you can't call it budget anyway, so may as well go CI (or at least hybrid until you can go to CI).

This is the quick tree I made for Divine Ire CI on Inquis, assuming 100+% conversion to elemental (likely through hrimsorrow to begin with). I like your link ideas for the 6L. I don't think I'll be using Inpulsa in my final build.

I am not getting an extra curse because it does not synergize well with Inquisitor. Inquisitor ignores resistances, while the curses modify resistances so I'll probably be either ringing or blasphemy Warlord's.

How do you think you'll be dealing with mana?

PoB link (yay it was updated!): https://pastebin.com/m0KhKDbC

edit: depending on the added damage effectiveness of divine ire some of this stuff is definitely up in the air.

edit 2: Updated some stupid fat fingering in the PoB build.

I mocked up a quick CI build in POB. It's not bad, definitely manageable. I think eventually transitioning to ES to take advantage of the extra 200 es regen on consecrated ground effect from Inquisitor is worth doing, but I still think going life based for league start is the way to go.

You point regarding conductivity and inquisitor ignoring res is a good one, and it slipped my mind. I think I would still go whispers of doom, and ideally get a wmark rings and a poachers mark ring. That would give free frenzies without tying icebite to HoI and would also help w/ mana sustain.

Regarding the mana sustain question for the build, I think if you go CI you get enough regen to be fine, and I think the same for life based. You scale your mana to be quite high w/ mana of the health nodes near templar, and getting some regen on gear and tree should be enough to solve mana issues.
Just saw the Gem info and a CwC idea came to me. Divine Ire as a vehicle for for CwC Purifying Flame or Wave of Conviction. They all do physical and convert 50% to elemental natively, so easy 100% w/ Hrimsorrow.

So like Divine Ire -> CwC -> Purifying Flame/Wave of Conviction -> Added Cold -> added lightning -> Energy Leech Support (stupid damage modifier on this guy considering how defensive it can be and how many skill tree points it can save).

OR

This is the original 6L idea:
Divine Ire, Increased Critical Strikes support, Increased Critical Damage support, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect support

But I think it might be better to do the following for extreme tankiness and minimal loss of damage:
Divine Ire, Energy Leech Support, Increased Critical Damage support, Infused Channeling Support, Concentrated Effect support.

Reasons for swaps:
Infused Channelling v Controlled Destruction: If we converted fully to Lightning then it would be 52.9% more damage during the buff vs Controlled Destruction 54% more damage - but we aren't losing any Crit and we are gaining significant tankiness. If we are using Hrimsorrow then it is only 45.9% more damage (as 10% more is only on 50% of our damage) which is still pretty good considering the tradeoffs.

Energy Leech Support vs Increased Critical Strikes: Because of the Controlled Destruction swap out, we should be more than ok for crit chance. This gem provides way more damage than it should given the survivability that it provides.

Note that Holy Flame Totem is also on the 50% native and has a great curse immunity (though again, low damage added so adding flat ele is not going to scale it like Purifying Flame or Wave of Conviction).

Edits: like the entire thing

Last edited by dexaline on Mar 6, 2019, 7:15:29 PM
I agree with everything besides going energy shield still. Here's a quick mockup of a lvl 93 life based tree.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAPsAEBUBAHpPBEPIW6CnVXwOaPLwH6IABLPAZjzvGF08Be98rv_VpoKbRUcy0evumuBFnVNSfIMRLSycvOpqQwVCrrNBltD1TLPQH-_rIG5QMNteBAeD21XGCPQtH5UgwfOiow_EO3y4yn_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h0OSOOEXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_df2Eb9RCtUg2PZ2qbIxirBzcuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRTD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPZp6g5mdxSp-JvBBR-tLhksib9BopDxZv42opi5tu34aAMAKW0nySbrxWAAAAAAA=

I really really like the huge amount of % inc. life. 213% inc. max life, it really gives us tremendous flexibility. It also allows for a cheaper league start. I know the 200 es regen on consc. ground effect is wasted which is a huge pity, but its actually a HUGE buff to getting a 500 es or so pool, and then going to eldritch battery and reserving off our entire mana pool with Hatred, Herald of Ice, and Herald of Thunder w/ ice bite/onslaught on the Herald of Ice, and Curse on hit/blind on the Herald of Thunder.

The mana problem is instantly solved as we get 200 "mana" regen per sec, also the consc. ground natively gives 20 mana regen per sec.

I think the optimal 6 link is Divine Ire, Infused Channeling, Inc. critical damage support, concentrated effect support, increased critical strikes support, and for an ultra defensive build, Storm Barrier Support, or simply power charge on critical strike support.
Storm barrier will not exist anymore. It is replaced by Infused Channeling.
I was thinking a CWC build using all three of the new Holy damage skills with es leech and infused channeling.

( Both supports will have maximum effect on all 3 skills being used ) 2 HUGE more modifiers, and in addition going CI gives us the regen, divine ire the overwhelming kick to the build, inquisitor will have the infused defensive buff AND consecrate buff on him while hes moving and because the other skills drop even MORE areas of consecrate it should basically be all over the place....

Now heres the CWC kicker, it will ALTERNATE the 2 holy spells. Well Wave of conviction will give you 25% penetration and massive aoe damage. Plus because it alternates it will allow the wave to get pretty big before its cast again maximizing your aoe nodes. Purifying flame will get all of the other modifiers drop consecrate all over creation AND overlap damage even further. PLUS infused channeling gives 8% phys reduction base PLUS 8% for any of the tags of the gems its using, so 8% phys dmg reduction, 8% fire and 8% lightning.

I think this build will be tanky, have great aoe + regen ( zealots oath and ghost reaver will combine for decent leech AND es regen ) and very solid damage. Do yall agree? My only issue is as I build a tree for level 100 there are great nodes EVERYWHERE. I can reallocate points for more defense, more es, more damage....I cant pick!

I decided on inquisitor because of the regen nodes ( es regen ) the cast speed nodes ( for the channel I hope ) consecrate sticking while I move and 200es regen a second basically all the time plus mana regen.

https://pastebin.com/DPv0EeU0

Sorta what I was thinking about.

I have a bit of an issue with how righteous providence would work with this build. It gives 100% more crit strike chance, great that works with inevitable judgement, except it only works when the enemy has no ailments....we gone be shocking the bejesus out of everything left and right. So your losing that crit strike chance for the 45% critical modifer instead. Kinda a wonky node that loses half its power and synergy when your build is actually doing what its designed to do.
Last edited by Drakkonmax2 on Mar 7, 2019, 2:03:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info