So ithought i would share this.

x = chance to hit %.
y = attack rating.

Spoiler
x = (0.69/1.24)*10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)^0.8((0.69/1.24)*10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)^0.8 + (10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)/4)^0.8)

This is currently the mathmatical operations im using in my program to calculate chance to hit% without the knowledge of "mob evasion/player evasion". Right now its useless, but i tested it with a calculate the values of evasion/attack rating / chance to hit % are 100% s pot on with the formula being used in the mechanics thread.

Now that i finished the math portion of it, its time to do the computer science portion of it and wrap this evaluation method into an optimization algorithm because currently it can't find the chance to hit % of an exact attack rating you want. If you plug in 1000 attack rating, instead of getting the answer for 1000 attack rating, you'll get the answer for lets say 456 attack rating instead with the respective amount of evasion and a accurate chance to hit % along with it.

I am hoping i can wrap this baby in a optimization algorithm so it can guess and check efficiently until it reaches your "desired answer" instead of telling YOU what YOUR attack rating is, when its wrong.
ahh... of course.... it's so clear now.
"
xTANKx wrote:

lol im just happy for my discovery >< XD
"
xTANKx wrote:

First post nails it.
*Stares*

I can't... even... Were you one of those kids in school who believed the teacher when they swore up and down that you'd actually use math when you grew up?

Please tell me you use this sort of amazing skill for things besides vidya games.

(PS: SO COOL!)
(PPS: I wish I could understand it and help but... math was my weakest subject.)
Last edited by EvilParfait on Mar 10, 2013, 8:42:48 PM
*watches as his brain leaks out his nose*

Um, good job OP? I think. That looks confusing as all hell.
Please familiarize yourself with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (GIFT) - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Realize that the only part of the equation you can affect in the GIFT is the audience. Remove the audience and the trolls merely rant at the air.
did u juz hack numbers in the eq and get it lucky to work ?
it seem pretty random value
You forgot to carry the 1
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
"
Doobylee wrote:
x = chance to hit %.
y = attack rating.

Spoiler
x = (0.69/1.24)*10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)^0.8((0.69/1.24)*10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)^0.8 + (10^((0.8*Log4+Log(y-xy)-Log(x))/0.8)/4)^0.8)

This is currently the mathmatical operations im using in my program to calculate chance to hit% without the knowledge of "mob evasion/player evasion". Right now its useless, but i tested it with a calculate the values of evasion/attack rating / chance to hit % are 100% s pot on with the formula being used in the mechanics thread.

Now that i finished the math portion of it, its time to do the computer science portion of it and wrap this evaluation method into an optimization algorithm because currently it can't find the chance to hit % of an exact attack rating you want. If you plug in 1000 attack rating, instead of getting the answer for 1000 attack rating, you'll get the answer for lets say 456 attack rating instead with the respective amount of evasion and a accurate chance to hit % along with it.

I am hoping i can wrap this baby in a optimization algorithm so it can guess and check efficiently until it reaches your "desired answer" instead of telling YOU what YOUR attack rating is, when its wrong.

While completely relevant i feel that if i were to understand this the magic of the game would melt away so would the fun... Plus i hate math :D But my main statement is the real post.
Spoiler
Hate math. :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
"
EvilParfait wrote:

(PPS: I wish I could understand it and help but... math was my weakest subject.)

Dang I would have thought history be your weakest.

How did you come by this formula if I might ask?
#Chris: dont quote me on that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info