Settings not saving

I have my documents folder redirected to a network share and the settings do not save from session to session. This includes all of the graphics settings so it is a pain to set everything up every time the game is launched.

There are other games around which are unable to handle redirected folders, hopefully as this one is still in beta it can be rectified before release :)

/edit:
OS is Windows 7 64 bit, by the way.
Last edited by StGeorge on Apr 1, 2012, 7:45:15 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2017, 4:18:41 AM
Update:

The software seems to do the same as BF2 did. It creates a folder structure, "<server_name>\RedirectedFolders\<user_name>\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile", within the game folder but does not create anything in it.

I created the folder "Path of Exile" in my "Documents\My Games" folder and after restarting and configuring the settings the software then picks up the settings from the correct location and is able to edit and retain them.

It seems the initial problem is that it cannot create the "Path of Exile" folder in the redirected folder structure but once it is there it is able to use it as normal.

I hope this helps :)
This problem seems to have reared its ugly head again. I haven't logged in for a while but when I tried to play last night I had to redo all of the graphics settings again.

The problem is that it is happening every time I start the game.

What seems to be happening is that when I change settings the game saves to the production_config.ini file OK, but when I restart the game that file is overwritten with the default settings again.

I tried making the ini file read only but the game crashes on startup if I do that.

Help!!
I'll pass this on, and will see if there is something that can be done about it!
Balance & Design
Thanks Rory :)
"
StGeorge wrote:
This problem seems to have reared its ugly head again. I haven't logged in for a while but when I tried to play last night I had to redo all of the graphics settings again.

The problem is that it is happening every time I start the game.

What seems to be happening is that when I change settings the game saves to the production_config.ini file OK, but when I restart the game that file is overwritten with the default settings again.

I tried making the ini file read only but the game crashes on startup if I do that.

Help!!

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue...
We've got this on our long-term list of things to find a solution for!

Any information you can give on your setup would be helpful, Y3k, so we know what we need to do with the way you've redirected your folders.
Balance & Design
Perhaps it would be possible to make a temporary fix by not allowing the game to crash if we make the production_config.ini file read-only?

It's a bit of a bind resetting all of the graphics, sound and UI settings every time I start the game :-/

Cheers...
Any news about this issue?

Its rly boring still setup graphic options and write whole email...
Vestage - Pure Fire Witch - Kiwi Power
I have this same problem

On Windows 7 I have moved my "My Documents" folder to my NAS (right clicked, 'Properties', 'Location', 'Move').

The game settings won't save, every time i start the game i have to set them again.

As a programmer, I would guess that whatever means your programmers have used to identify which folder is the 'My Documents' folder is wrong... or they are just assuming its always in the same place...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info