Ice Nova Build

My Templar is level 50, in Cruel difficulty, but unfortunately he can't do anything past ledge on his own. This build was fun until mid-cruel, when he has hit a bottleneck due to gear limitations. He needs a minimum 5L chest to link ice nova with other support gems. Due to the heavy armor he has to wear to be able to stand in the middle of the ruckus, he is unable to run faster because the armor drags him down.

I will keep him on "standby" for now and work on my other standard characters. I also noticed that Incinerate is dealing significant damage to the enemies despite me being a purely ice-based build, so I'm wondering whether I should try an incinerate Templar next!
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
"
"
Rudraksh wrote:
Can we get updates on how did this build do? I'm trying out a similar build but seems to have hit a bottleneck due to gear / gems in Cruel act 3.

The only way to run this build is to have insane wealth. To make it work you will need a taryns and shavronne's, at the very minimum. If you want to go crit based instead of spell damage you will need a couple of Divinarius or Void batterys with Voidbringer gloves.

So you are talking 50-60 exalts in gear (that might be low balling it.) Unless you have this wealth just move on.

That was the problem. ;)
I just logged for the first time in a couple months.

This build is fun until cruel, after that it is completely useless.
"
Why the fuck did you take resolute technique? It's completely pointless...

Also wondering why you took weapon elemental damage nodes but left out Elementalist which isn't just a decent addition to your build but only one skill point away as well.
I also don't really see a reason for EB Ice nova isn't that cost expensive and you surely rely on your ES.

Also every cold damage caster should have a significant amount of crit nodes to take advantage of freeze.

its so he dont crit and freeze his self,
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Nov 22, 2014, 12:34:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info