Chat Channels

At the moment I am finding the chat channels really annoying.

I would be talking to some people, then when I leave the area I am put into a different chat channel.

I would like to suggest that a Chat window should be created. It would be kind of similar to the Public Parties tab, but it would be for chat channels.

The channels should never be changed automatically and there should be a limit to the number of people in each chat channel, but the number of people shouldn't be so limited that there are only like, 6 people talking. Maybe the channel creator could set the max number of people who can join their channel?

You should be able to create a public channel and name it whatever you want. For example, in a chat I happened to join earlier, someone said that they would like to join a chat channel titled Anime so that him/her and other anime fans could get together and talk.

That was an entertaining few minutes, but I changed instances so I was automatically put into a different chat channel.

The channel creator should also be able to kick people from the chat, otherwise half the chats would be full of the annoying chat spam bots.

Any input towards this suggestion is welcome :)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Anyone? Anything?
You are right .

We should be able to :

- create a channel
- name it
- automatically re join it at login

hope its possible !

thanx in advance

At this time i use the channel number 1789 to talk with french people .
...so...

/global whatever.

Dude, it's IRC. Well, basically, anyway. You're using a basic client, so you have to rejoin each time. Just...do it. It isn't really that hard.

Now, if we had a choice, I'd actually like to see an option in the options menu that allows you to specify which global chat to join. However, it probably isn't high on the list of things to do.
hi dude
thanx for your answer .

Re join each time we log is not a real issue actually .
But we need to have a name and probably a list of available channel .

You talk about IRC
Just think of IRC without these fonction ;)

Perhaps the siplest workaround would be to create some default channel

FR
DE
ES

hope to read you soon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info