LA Shadow Build - In early Development

Hmm, I shall have to think on this more...

EDIT: While I ponder solutions, let me ask this. How important are the life resistance nodes at end game? I know they're fairly important while you level, but when you have access to end-game gear with the amount of resistance that appears on it, do you still need them?
Last edited by Ghobe on Mar 13, 2013, 12:39:38 AM
"
Skyver wrote:
Usual 5L Lightning Arrow Setup:

Level 20 LA = 15 Mana
Weapon Elemental Damage = 15*1.7 = 25,5
Chain = 25,5 * 2 = 51
Life Gain on Hit = 51*1,5 = 76,5
LMP = 76,5*1,5 = 114,75 Mana

If you run GMP instead, it's over 150 Mana per use.

you cant run gmp and chain so that isn't something to worry about, long as you have mana leech you will be safe.

the resistance nodes are important in beginning but when you start to gather gears it isn't important, as for me, I depend on auras so I dont have to worry about it so much... take look at my resists.

My Craft Logs-thread/359202
Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 13, 2013, 8:29:10 AM
Wait...why can't you use GMP and chain together? I thought chain only got in the way of pierce and fork?

And think I'll trim my build by dropping the resist nodes late merciless. Not grabbing the crit nodes(chance nor modifier) as well, while picking up the deep thoughts circle...hrm...doing so drops the build to 90-91 points(depending on how I reconnect the tree after removing the assassination circle). Doing so increases int by 40(252) and mana by 42%(128%), lose all tree based resists.

hmmm...I'd still like to avoid eldritch if I can...I need to reattach the tree so...opinions...
10 int, 10 str late respec(2)
20 int respec(2)
18% evasion, 18% max energy shield respec(2)
10 dex respec(1)
Last edited by Ghobe on Mar 13, 2013, 10:17:44 AM
"
Ghobe wrote:
Wait...why can't you use GMP and chain together? I thought chain only got in the way of pierce and fork?

And think I'll trim my build by dropping the resist nodes late merciless. Not grabbing the crit nodes(chance nor modifier) as well, while picking up the deep thoughts circle...hrm...doing so drops the build to 90-91 points(depending on how I reconnect the tree after removing the assassination circle). Doing so increases int by 40(252) and mana by 42%(128%), lose all tree based resists.

hmmm...I'd still like to avoid eldritch if I can...I need to reattach the tree so...opinions...
10 int, 10 str late respec(2)
20 int respec(2)
18% evasion, 18% max energy shield respec(2)
10 dex respec(1)

chain=50% dmg reduction
GMP= 50% dmg reduction

generally bow shadow is bad idea, you should try to make bow duelist, if you dont like ranger, the reason= blood magic is closer, the blood magic solves the mana problems with bow skills like lightning arrow, long as you have high HP regeneration by stacking up a lot of health= which sahdows are not capable of doning (unless you go all the way to marauder and templar tree).
Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 13, 2013, 10:41:01 AM
Ahh, they both say less instead of reduced...I see I see...and I dunno, outside of mana issues on high link shadow seems like it has the best potential for ele damage(mostly because it's right next to witch).

Can anyone tell me roughly how much PHYSICAL damage I can expect to deal with lightning arrow at around end-game? So I can tell how much leech I'll need :\
"
Ghobe wrote:
Ahh, they both say less instead of reduced...I see I see...and I dunno, outside of mana issues on high link shadow seems like it has the best potential for ele damage(mostly because it's right next to witch).

Can anyone tell me roughly how much PHYSICAL damage I can expect to deal with lightning arrow at around end-game? So I can tell how much leech I'll need :\

well the thing with lightning arrow is that, you want static blow to shock the enemy= the reason why lightning arrow was nerfed in closed beta.

being able to hit large group of mobs with chain and being able to shock them= why LA is powerful, though being able to use LA without running out of mana is generally difficult without 6 LS with this.

1. Lightning arrow
2. Chain
3. Life Gain on Hit
4. Lesser Multiple Projectile
5. Weapon elemental damage
6. Blood magic or Mana leech
Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 13, 2013, 10:44:07 AM
Well the new hit count without GMP, is...24 hits, so it should still shock at least once per cast, proliferating to all. Hallowed mana flask combined with mana pool and regen should allow for 3 casts before being spent with a setup of Lightning Arrow + Lightning Penetration + Elemental Proliferation + Chain + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Weapon Elemental Damage. Though depending on the physical damage I might not need to use a flask. Does mana leech play nice with LA/Chain or does it get a reduced effect because it's meant to hit so many targets? If I can get the physical damage to 8000 damage per shot, then I wouldn't even need mana leech on my gear to make it happen, with each additional % of mana leech reducing the amount of damage needed dramatically.
hm whats your plan of defense? 18% ec/es will not gonna make it trough cruel.

my LA costs something around 74, its 5L

the weapon elemental gem is at my alt.

mana leech does its job just fine :)

also, pls use the skill calculator. never again manuel "mathing" ;)
"
Ghobe wrote:
Well the new hit count without GMP, is...24 hits, so it should still shock at least once per cast, proliferating to all. Hallowed mana flask combined with mana pool and regen should allow for 3 casts before being spent with a setup of Lightning Arrow + Lightning Penetration + Elemental Proliferation + Chain + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Weapon Elemental Damage. Though depending on the physical damage I might not need to use a flask. Does mana leech play nice with LA/Chain or does it get a reduced effect because it's meant to hit so many targets? If I can get the physical damage to 8000 damage per shot, then I wouldn't even need mana leech on my gear to make it happen, with each additional % of mana leech reducing the amount of damage needed dramatically.

its really hard to play LA without mana leech or blood magic gem honestly, and don't rely on energy shield, energy shield is quite useless due to the fact the chaos damage is everywhere and that its regeneration is slow compared to HP/life Regen builds.
Uhm, just took a look at your build. now way dude, you will die over and over. realy terrible tbh ;D
but no prob, test it, reroll at 50-70 and make a better one with your new expirience. thats the game.

gooood luck :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUF-QzyD6sQexEvFSAV8Ba_GbQZ1xrbHhoj9iaVKlsrCiyFLOkwfDY9OdQ6sz7PRZZKfVFHVUtW-loaWkhh4megapNtbG17bmlv8nBScNV_K4cZh3aH24hrjDaNfo2_kAqSzZLzlwaZmqCfokCly6fUqn-quKxHtMW1SLZBtve95r46vqfAUcEAxKLEuMrTzZjN6tIZ1fjWitbR2xrdDd1G3sbigOd06mLrFOtj7g7v8PPq9Pj1S_lj-rH8TvzF_sj_kw==

my current build at 78. very low hp, i know but much more defense, i am around 90% arrow dodging.
snakes, basically all kind of chaos mobs do no harm to me. but flicker mobs are my bane.

rerolling the 5th time btw, 2h duelist now. learned a lot, my builds begin to rock the shit! :D

Last edited by NomadFX on Mar 13, 2013, 11:15:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info