Is there hope for my maradur build?

Here his the skill tree:
Thanks for any help!
What should I do from here to be viable, I feel this is just not good enough for cruel. I have not spent any respec's, and i have a few regret orbs.
Thanks again!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQsoFCAZLhtSHOchAiFVKLUpLir2MfsyCTa6Nug5DjpSPfxAoESeRLJE51BHUFBTu1RJValVtVYEWGNfP2BLYIhhUmoecql07Xbueu97jHy4fNmGYIzPl7ScJ57NoJ2nMKgYqRqsurBzud2_1cbY2WHcPd-_51LqGOsJ7LbuFO8O707x9PIv8pz2SPcy9778iQ==
Mine looks like this so far, and i'm doing fine well into Merc. am a leap slam marauder.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEswUtFCAUTRjbGS4aOBpVIQIhVSFgJ-0pLir2MfsyCTKJNug5Dj38QKBKfVBHUFBUSVW1V-JYY1nzW69fP2BLYSFko2aeZ6ByqXTtdPF253fleu97jHy4fNmDOITvh3aMz5AKkFWeuZ7NogCnMKeEqWisqrndwBrBBMbY1I_cPd0N51LsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI97760vzF

Also, i'm no pro by any means, but the way I understand it is HP > Armor
u have a lot into 6 armor/Evasion nodes that u cant realy use to its full potential.
the 4 points of ele resist u have next to the mara's diamond skin can be replaced with gear. and the dualist diamond skin ur 3 points from.
and the 7 points u used to get to resolute are rather weak. can can go the top taking 2 str nodes and get there, while also being in range to get elemental adaptaion, which is extreamly strong. +5% to resists lets u get 80% resist instead of 75%.

lastly, again just my option. but I wouldn't get blood magic. u can use the blood magic support gems you get to the same effect, and this opens up ur rather small mana pool to be used for 40% mana aura's like Purity, hatred, and others. can normaly stack about 3 in ur mana pool that way.

anyway hope this helps.
You're going to have to re-roll. Otherwise, your bank will be empty from the necessary respecing. Rearranging your tech tree would take close to forty Orbs of Regret/respec points. After that, you're going to have to reroll again because you'll fuck up. After that, you might have to reroll again. First characters always suck and always have to be rerolled, but it's easy to pick back up again.

1) Your tech tree should be defined by the Keystone passives you take.

2) Armor/Evasion will not carry you through the game. From level 1 to level 100, those "+Armor%" nodes should be invisible. It's never something to stack. Just something to look for on gear so that you don't get one shot by stupid things.

3) Damage nodes are often worthless. An example of a good damage node is Berserking. You don't have to go out of the way for it and it's worth 15% attack speed. An example of a bad damage node is Reckless Abandon. You go through two nodes of shit to reach a node that is potentially worse than Berserking. Most of your damage should come from weapons and skills. Any bonus damage from the tech tree should be convenient and more of just an added bonus.

4) Resistance nodes other than Diamond Skin and Elemental Adaptation are worthless. Almost all of your resistances should come from gear and you can easily cap them in Merciless even in maps.

5) Life is king. This is the only stat you should actively seek out on the tech tree.

6) What the other guy said about Blood Magic is misleading. It's a great tool for certain builds, and/or, in your case, it's something that can easily and mindlessly be taken. Blood Magic simplifies a very, very great many things. The only downfall of taking it for mere convenience is that you don't get to abuse auras.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞
Last edited by iamajellydonut on Mar 12, 2013, 6:59:13 AM
Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to agree with iamajellydonut. You very well might want to reroll because it would cost a lot to respec your guy. Donut also has a lot of great advice.

With your points, I'd make something like that

With this build, if you want to get blood magic it is only 2 points away. If you need dex or int, there are 2 +30 right off the main path. Need more endurance charges? Np, you have access to 2 more if you want. One thing I've realized playing this game is that you can be really flexible in what you want to do, but it is best to streamline your talents to get the best bang for the point.

Also, because I had no idea what type of weapon because 2 hand you were using, no points were allocated. It looks like you were going for the 2 hand Reaver skill, but with having resolute technique is not all that great for you.

However, while restarting sucks, Figuring out how stuff works, theorycrafting, and trying different builds is a fun part of this game.

Best of luck.
Slinkston's STANDARD Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197511

IGN: Slinkston
This should be posted in the Marauder Forum.
"
Slinkston wrote:
However, while restarting sucks, Figuring out how stuff works, theorycrafting, and trying different builds is a fun part of this game.

Indeed. I still continue to make "fun" characters even though I really only have the bank enough for one.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info