Shadow bug in Caverns (first post updated)

**UPDATE: In case it wasn't known, this bug also occurs in the Flooded Depths.**

--------

In the Cavern of Anger (Anguish?), and to a lesser extent, but also the Cavern of Woe, there is a particular graphic bug when walking on the little islands, which will show the shadows of the high ground to the south but with a solid line at about the level of the top of your character's head, where anything below that line won't show the shadow, resulting in just the top part of the shadow moving across the water as you move. This one is also a really noticeable bug.

Again, I'll get a screenshot if necessary, but if this is good enough it'll save me having to get a new character into the Cavern of Anger, hehe.

I should mention that in this case as well as the last one, I traveled with a partner on a completely different system, and we both saw the same thing. But if needed I can post system specs.

VG
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 16, 2012, 10:35:49 PM
This is a problem we're aware of with our render distance! We'll either raise the depth of the caverns, or find a better solution in future!
Balance & Design
Okay, cool. I was able to get to act 1 and was going to post screenies of it right now, but if you're aware if it, then cool enough. :)

Weird that the shadows aren't going northward in the game except for those of the highest ground. In my screens, the normal shadows are going the other direction, hehe.
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 30, 2012, 12:03:11 AM
Bump so that the update shows on the main page.
This is a known issue, you'll need to post a screenshot with a /debug for us to really do anything about a particular instance of it. Please don't bump this thread.
Thanks!
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
"
Joel_GGG wrote:
This is a known issue, you'll need to post a screenshot with a /debug for us to really do anything about a particular instance of it. Please don't bump this thread.
Thanks!

Sorry if this counts as another bump. :(

If you need me to, I can get a screenshot of it, but wouldn't it be the same thing here as in the Caverns? I was just letting you know it happens here too...
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Joel_GGG wrote:
Thanks!

Sorry if this counts as another bump. :(

If you need me to, I can get a screenshot of it, but wouldn't it be the same thing here as in the Caverns? I was just letting you know it happens here too...

The levels are created randomly from different building blocks. Without the information from /debug and a screenshot it is not possible for them to recreate the problem and fix it in a reasonable timeframe. Therefore you need to write /debug and press f8 if you see the problem.

Without it they probably need to go through millions of iterations before finding the problematic combinations and even then they would probably lack the overacrhing angle with other issues like the one you are describing.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
radiatoren wrote:

The levels are created randomly from different building blocks. Without the information from /debug and a screenshot it is not possible for them to recreate the problem and fix it in a reasonable timeframe. Therefore you need to write /debug and press f8 if you see the problem.

Without it they probably need to go through millions of iterations before finding the problematic combinations and even then they would probably lack the overacrhing angle with other issues like the one you are describing.

Crap ... then screenshot it is. Thanks for the info; I'll start a new thread with it, then. I thought it was nothing more than a height issue on the background walls.

EDIT: well, so much for that theory. Nope, it pretty much does it every time. Too bad Rory didn't see it; he'd have known what I was talking about the first time.
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Apr 20, 2012, 3:07:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info