"
Strickland wrote:

Honestly I just liked it because its really great music to have in the background while playing PoE I currently have my game music down and am listening to stuff on your channel :)

Let's just agree that my other songs are many times more better than that song. I messed up, I will see what I can do after this lesson.
With all intelligence, insanity becomes the backdrop of the good man, and will sooner become what usurps the good man.

If you tell a truth that people don't want to hear, the truth will imprison you.

What's the point of knowing the world, if the world never talks back and others don't listen?
That music sucks. ;-)
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
ThorOtheBIG wrote:
That music sucks. ;-)

He said with a wink.

I'm not a huge fan of the bass style but that's less me disliking the music and more just not liking the chosen method.

edit: moved this to off topic because, well...it doesn't seem to have a topic anymore. :(
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 9, 2013, 12:39:31 AM
"
"
YellowMage wrote:

Hmmm, can't think of anything else I could add. I make electronic music, as broad as that sounds. Tends to be bass/beat orientated with dark overtones. DnB, classical influenced mainly. I usually do IDM (dreary genre name) accidentally on purpose because that's how my mind works. Used to make really long songs, like easily over 8 minutes. Got out of that habit. Sometimes.

I haven't really done anything with real music. I just incorporate what I feel into music, art, or words. I guess I will have to swallow the consequences this time and make something people will like that I will make sure I listen to again. I do get bounded and entranced by my sound -- let alone my abstract atonal nature, so I will simply pick up from that and make something that is less "me", I guess.

What you're doing is real music. You just have to do more and become more refined. You shouldn't have deleted the video because their criticisms are hardly valid without any constructive feedback, just because they voted negatively on the video. Also consider people thinking you might be advertising your youtube channel, or what other cynicism, but you shouldn't feel bad anyways.

I don't like giving out my music because I know it's not for everyone and it's a personal thing sometimes, except when I do it for a favour or someone needs something. When I first started I remember giving music to my friends and they all said they really liked it. I wasn't really convinced they were being honest because no matter how honest you said you want them to be, they are your friends. There was only one where he said one song I did was too repetitive. Funny thing was it was the first time I did straight drum and bass/jungle and I tried to explain that it was supposed to be like that. But made me think. Made me consider things like that from then on. People have different tastes, latch onto different things. Yeah, sometimes you have to think about the listener not just yourself. That doesn't necessarily make it "less you". It's like reading a book to someone else as opposed to reading a book to yourself.

He's something I made while back:
http://www.mediafire.com/?896nb8v490t2yzo

Yeah, not everyone is gonna like it, but it has some merits. Things to note, possibly pick up as I do do things by ear...

- I may be able to play the piano, but I did everything by hand. When I think about real life instruments I think about how they are being played so I displace notes on purpose and change the velocity. It's actually impossible to play on piano because I don't have 3 hands.

- This was going to be part of an album, but it got far too pretentious because it had an really precise theme that I sacrificed how I'd normally do things. If I said the theme was about Superman, you wouldn't believe me. :P I even laugh about it now... It's not exactly about Superman, but it's goddamn close.

- I really think about how I'm going to transition parts of a song around. Especially where I think the listener's concentration may divert ie. get bored. I cut out parts if I feel its too long. Sometimes what you want them to hear/feel has already sank in at that point. Reason it has a 1 minute ending is because I made it flow into the next track of the nonalbum. Kinda the reason I ended up hating the whole thing as I progressed in making it.

Just keep at it. More you do, more you learn. Self discover is a wonderful thing when you're able to express yourself in a way unimaginable before you sat down to make it.
While i do still have my suspicions about you, i would have liked to see you artistic expression. If i respect anything that would be the arts.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info