Okay.
With all intelligence, insanity becomes the backdrop of the good man, and will sooner become what usurps the good man.

If you tell a truth that people don't want to hear, the truth will imprison you.

What's the point of knowing the world, if the world never talks back and others don't listen?
Last edited by IExiledOtherExilesToBeTheExile on Mar 8, 2013, 10:01:43 PM
well, i dropped my mescaline at about 730...checked out your song and i dont think i am high enough yet. I will get there though and then its gonna rock my socks.

I am kidding, i have no musical talent so kudos to you for being able to do something like that. Its pretty cool, i like the 8bit.
"
TaRd413 wrote:
well, i dropped my mescaline at about 730...checked out your song and i dont think i am high enough yet. I will get there though and then its gonna rock my socks.

--

I am kidding, i have no musical talent so kudos to you for being able to do something like that. Its pretty cool, i like the 8bit.

Yeah, it's somewhat dreary that it got a thumbs down, but I understand that music works with people's moods, and since this is Path of Exile where a lot of people go to complain, they aren't in the right mood to listen and appreciate the beauty I slip into every aspect of my music from beginning to end. If you don't catch the ride at the beginning, you aren't going to ride with the music. You have to let yourself go the moment the sounds come in, and just let the world I painted come to you.

I don't know, I just think that nowadays, art isn't appreciated as much as it used to be. People today now want what they expect, and they don't try to listen to the message of anyone else.

It's a sad world bro.
With all intelligence, insanity becomes the backdrop of the good man, and will sooner become what usurps the good man.

If you tell a truth that people don't want to hear, the truth will imprison you.

What's the point of knowing the world, if the world never talks back and others don't listen?
I like it dude :) good job!
"
Strickland wrote:

And I really enjoy the positive comments. It would be nice if you could tell me why you liked it, but not everyone is an explanationist. |_|

+ feedback or - feedback. I want them both. It allows me to cut into the 'rough edges'.

Last edited by IExiledOtherExilesToBeTheExile on Mar 8, 2013, 9:13:59 PM
I've listened and appreciated it. Somewheres betwix dark and pys ambient. Folk intro may have throw people off because it turned down an unexpected avenue...

Eh, I do music from time to time, I haven't done something for while, mostly experimenting. What you do has much more thought process put behind it even tho' it's not my particular bag. The last half of the song was much more enjoyable than the first half, not saying it was bad. It was fairly interesting what was going on considering I listen to music what quite a few people would call "random noise", not really how it was executed but that how it made me feel. A somewhat dis-ease from a mild cacophony where the composition could have been better.

I can see how you was angry at the beginning and you eased into creation with it becoming more relaxed - and I hear how you put it to music. If it started relaxed and went crazy with you felt at the beginning, I think it could have been better, maybe. A story of how you were angry in first instance?
"
YellowMage wrote:
I've listened and appreciated it. Somewheres betwix dark and pys ambient. Folk intro may have throw people off because it turned down an unexpected avenue...

Eh, I do music from time to time, I haven't done something for while, mostly experimenting. What you do has much more thought process put behind it even tho' it's not my particular bag. The last half of the song was much more enjoyable than the first half, not saying it was bad. It was fairly interesting what was going on considering I listen to music what quite a few people would call "random noise", not really how it was executed but that how it made me feel. A somewhat dis-ease from a mild cacophony where the composition could have been better.

I can see how you was angry at the beginning and you eased into creation with it becoming more relaxed - and I hear how you put it to music. If it started relaxed and went crazy with you felt at the beginning, I think it could have been better, maybe. A story of how you were angry in first instance?

...This is what I look for in responses. Thank you, YellowMage, for your in-depth concerns for my composition. Your personal connection presented you a window of understanding and appreciation that I could only admire and be grateful for. Your speculation is very sharp and well-thought out. You're correct, I was very angry at the beginning, and that did change as I lost much of that explosive ire throughout the song. I thought this song was a unique and expressive way to demonstrate the psychological waves of negative dissonance that takes control of us, then slowly dissipates over time. I also thought of a story after listening to the whole thing, which was a man who was listening to folk music, then the man slipped into a trance, that trance was within their subconscious, there was darkness and confusion, then as the song progresses, the man dwells deeper as the sounds and the story twists and turn till they reach that moment of bliss. After this, the song snaps back like an existential rubberband to where the man was in reality, and it repeats itself ad infinitum.

One last thing you might want to know. I compose by ear, I can't read music. So sometimes I have to repeat a melody and slowly build on that and then everything falls into place, so I'm quite handicapped because of that. I know there are people who do this, but they have real instruments they play live, I don't.

Last edited by IExiledOtherExilesToBeTheExile on Mar 8, 2013, 9:36:24 PM
I "learnt" the piano by ear. Couldn't sight read. Managed to get to grade 4 tho'. :P Yeah, I'm pretty bad and hid that from my teacher, but she kinda knew anyways.

It's kinda the reason I say I "do" music, because I play around with until it sounds right. Not being able to conventionally make music as other people does have a few advantages. A lot of musicians use electronic music or implement it as a tool for conventional instruments (eg. need a midi keyboard for composition... nope, I do most things by hand even tho' I have a really expensive professional grade midi keyboard and teeny tidy £30 midi one) rather than take it as the instrument itself and composing a vision in mind, although it's really hard to do any sort of freestyle. Although in these modern times with people with how they got into making music (playing Music 2000 or HipHop eJay) then dabble with it, I see it and hear it more often these days. People take note of older videogame music, but even musicians "scored" the music before translating.

I've done various methods of getting music done without any ease form of input - vision out the whole song, or construct melodies then reconfigure or blank sheet it and play with it until I get sounds that I appreciate. I even tried making stories so I read it and play what I think it sounds like. Yeah, the hard part is editing because you can't use human input easily to play it a slightly different way and see how it sounds. Can be tedious. But you have to look that this is it's strength as well. Lets say you arranged something exactly as you wanted to, but the next day you couldn't play it the same way. The computer could.

My preferred method is at least a rough plan. I've gone in blank sheet so many times nothing that I consider half-good comes out, and I'm really self depreciating when it comes to my own music.

Mood affects you. I like to be able to get something done in one day if it's based on a mood. I usually avoid things based on how I feel if I can't replicate the same feelings because I like to go back to something I'm working on seriously later because when you listen to something so long, your ears get used to it that you may miss mistakes or altogether see it in another light that the listener may not tolerate/appreciate (yeah, made plenty of these, few on purpose too, which is why it's art, right?). When they are based on a memory, that's far far better.

Hmmm, can't think of anything else I could add. I make electronic music, as broad as that sounds. Tends to be bass/beat orientated with dark overtones. DnB, classical influenced mainly. I usually do IDM (dreary genre name) accidentally on purpose because that's how my mind works. Used to make really long songs, like easily over 8 minutes. Got out of that habit. Sometimes.
"
"
Strickland wrote:

And I really enjoy the positive comments. It would be nice if you could tell me why you liked it, but not everyone is an explanationist. |_|

+ feedback or - feedback. I want them both. It allows me to cut into the 'rough edges'.

Honestly I just liked it because its really great music to have in the background while playing PoE I currently have my game music down and am listening to stuff on your channel :)
"
YellowMage wrote:

Hmmm, can't think of anything else I could add. I make electronic music, as broad as that sounds. Tends to be bass/beat orientated with dark overtones. DnB, classical influenced mainly. I usually do IDM (dreary genre name) accidentally on purpose because that's how my mind works. Used to make really long songs, like easily over 8 minutes. Got out of that habit. Sometimes.

I haven't really done anything with real music. I just incorporate what I feel into music, art, or words. I guess I will have to swallow the consequences this time and make something people will like that I will make sure I listen to again. I do get bounded and entranced by my sound -- let alone my abstract atonal nature, so I will simply pick up from that and make something that is less "me", I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info