Leagues - the defining difference of PoE, cash shop and all.

problem with the leagues is it will fragment the player base. that is a really, really bad idea when it comes to indie games.
I don't understand the issue here isn't path of exile supposed to be a game only being able to co-op about 4 players in one time?

maybe don't introduce them in the beginning but its a good idea to create new Leagues when the game is about to die of the normal stuff. its a way to introduce new alternative ways to play.

Kind of like mods i suppose this game won-t allow mods like what made Diablo 2 able to survive many years in to the future. but this league stuff if done well could introduce totally different play fields that could be enjoyed differently kind of like mods.

So yeah i think its kind of a good idea. maybe not in the beginning but later on could be interesting. at least to explore a bit more than just a Difficulty changer.
A no cash shop league?
There shouldn't even be any demand for this. Not only is there no gameplay disadvantage for non-paying players in the first place, splitting the userbase like that would actually make it far less likely for people to actually use the cash shop, since all the people they wanted to show their fancy new cosmetics to have run off and hidden in another league.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I think people are missing the point the OP was trying to make, i am not a supporter of a no cash shop. that said i am mighty interested in the new possiblities alternative leagues can give to us players. in adding diversed content to the game.
Last edited by webcider on Mar 27, 2012, 7:51:07 AM
Bad ideas... There is no such thing as a completely free game.

Free to play means exactly that, it's free to PLAY. Doesn't mean there won't be things inside the game while PLAYING that won't be free.
twitch.tv/rasereiamok
I just want more official info on the "paid leagues" individuals/clans can purchase. Assuming they've not dropped the idea...

Mostly specifics on what can be adjusted in them and so on (droprates etc)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info