PoE hardcore

I need to be 100% sure about this. If I make a hardcore character, and I then die with it. Do I then get transfered to default league to play with everybody else?

Oh, and another thing, how long has the beta been going on?
"
totems wrote:
I need to be 100% sure about this. If I make a hardcore character, and I then die with it. Do I then get transfered to default league to play with everybody else?

Yes, you go to default league after death. If you don't trust me (for some reason), just create a character lvl 1 and die, and see for yourself.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
totems wrote:

Yes, you go to default league after death. If you don't trust me (for some reason), just create a character lvl 1 and die, and see for yourself.

I do believe you:)
But I just thought the excitement from playing a HC character is because if you die, you loose everything. Like this, you just keep playing in another league :P
Well, your given a option, to continue to play in more casual league, or delete him, and start again in HC.

There will be different leagues in game later, like losing all items when you die in cut throat league.
"
totems wrote:

But I just thought the excitement from playing a HC character is because if you die, you loose everything. Like this, you just keep playing in another league :P

Well, you do lose the bragging right of "I'm in HC league!". Also, if you die in a Hardcore Ladder Race, you have to start over with a new toon.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
do you lose items when you die in default league? i know when you die in hardcore league your stuff is lost because you go to default league but i saw your stuff was not lootable to other players so i'm wondering if there is any item dropping on death ingame currently pm me
Items are not dropped on death. The only penalty for death in Default League is xp loss (and this penalty is only present in difficulties higher than Normal).
Forum Sheriff
"
totems wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
totems wrote:

This was my original feeling as well. After putting some thought into it though I realized that it is actually a fantastic idea. It will encourage those that are normally afraid of losing their character and hard work to finally give hardcore a try (and who knows, some may be won over by the new thrill of having to play smart to stay alive) while for us hardcore veterans seeing your once proud, hardcore hero get relegated down to the default league is a fate worse than death! Thankfully you can delete the character and morn the loss appropriately.

Last edited by RWTD_Burn on Mar 27, 2012, 12:29:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info