Free to play ? Keys?

i just dont understand how FREE TO PLAY games still try to do some betatestings and dont give away enough keys.. GAMING time is so short .. and a big alternative is coming soon (D3) and lots of ppl waiting since month´s to get a "beta key" in a free to play game... dont understand those managements. From 100 players, if 30% stays and play this.. its a lot .. so why u just dont TRY TO GET all players as fast as possible to get a community? And im sure D3 is doing much more advertising. im sure lot of ppl giving a shit to a betakey when D3 is out.. maybe we will see this again: SRY EUROPE BUT WE HAD TO CLOSE OUR SERVERS...

im playing 3 games in BETA at the moment.. and in one of them.. its GREAT .. u have lots of other players.. a big comunity..

and in the other u cant find players for a game.. cause betakeys going out 1 time a week.. so im sure this game will not surive in the jungle of GAMES.

2 of my friends got a betakey.. they played the game.. they told me how it is.. and all of them bought D3.. so what do u think they will do on 15.5.2012? staying at ur game? when only 2 of 6 ppl got a key? or just all change to Diablo 3....

thx and happy gaming
erm its beta. betas arent about big community or how many people will keep on playing til the end of the beta.

This one is an actual beta, not like most other 'betas' you see now, which act more as a free advertising shortly before game goes live.

and in betas like this one, main reason for playing isnt to build big communities or keep 800 people playing, but to test bugs, new features, and whatever else devs come up with.

tldr: i think you are confusing 'testing beta' with 'advertising beta' here.
no ur confusing..

u play a game... 1-2 years.. they get money in this time.. if they lose the interest of players in the first months.. they are gone and can close it.

why u think archlord, aion, all points bulletin or other games changes to free to play?

cause they missed to get "the community and players"

u can beta test as much as u want. u can test it with 10 players u can test it with 100 or 1000..
but if u dont have any players at the start.. u dont survive.

if u open a shop and u did no advertising be4 u start.. at the first day there will be no1 to buy something.
if u did advertising and get interested ppl.. ppl who wants something from u.. u open ur shop and lots of ppl coming do shop.

same in gaming.. if u want players.. let them play and not wait. cause if they wait they searching other games... better games.. newer games.. alternatives...

so a beta is not only to test some bugs..

happy gaming
"
gen2face wrote:
no ur confusing..

u play a game... 1-2 years.. they get money in this time.. if they lose the interest of players in the first months.. they are gone and can close it.

why u think archlord, aion, all points bulletin or other games changes to free to play?

cause they missed to get "the community and players"

u can beta test as much as u want. u can test it with 10 players u can test it with 100 or 1000..
but if u dont have any players at the start.. u dont survive.

if u open a shop and u did no advertising be4 u start.. at the first day there will be no1 to buy something.
if u did advertising and get interested ppl.. ppl who wants something from u.. u open ur shop and lots of ppl coming do shop.

same in gaming.. if u want players.. let them play and not wait. cause if they wait they searching other games... better games.. newer games.. alternatives...

so a beta is not only to test some bugs..

happy gaming

I honestly think you're grumpy from not getting your beta key from the looks of it. This is a great game that's free to play. A majority of the store stuff are simple and slight perks and there will be plenty of people at launch who will spread it around. Look at how Nexon does it for example. Guess how big MapleStory was when it began? Now it's all over. Things start small but believe me they can snowball into something huge. Blizzard did the exact same thing so don't relate it to Diablo as if Diablo's better just for being Diablo. Diablo 3 has TWO GAMES WORTH of advertising for people.

This will (and already is from what I've seen) be a great game and you will fucking love it or gtfo.
i think u dont understand me..

i dont say the game is bad or its great..
the fact is ... 2 many ppl CANT answer this question.

so if some1 asks me: how is path of exile i can say.. hmm dunno im waiting since month to get a key, we wanted to test it but i think soon we will change to another game.

i bought lot of games who were down after a short time.

i really think the game would be good or fine.. but if 50% who wanted to test it .. cant test it.. u lose 50% of players ;-)

but if u dont understand this.. u will maybe think about in a few month...
"
gen2face wrote:

so if some1 asks me: how is path of exile i can say.. hmm dunno im waiting since month to get a key, we wanted to test it but i think soon we will change to another game.

i really think the game would be good or fine.. but if 50% who wanted to test it .. cant test it.. u lose 50% of players ;-)

umm thats exactly what beta is for. They DONT want too many people to get in the beta in its current state, because its not finished product yet, and not ready for masses. It would counter-productive to make it open to everyone if the game is not ready. It would mean more people would stop playing and quit, and many wouldnt care about it being in beta.

Once again, this is NOT beta you are used to (aka preview and advertising of the game prior to its launch) and in this beta main reason to play should be to find and report bugs, game breaking systems, and other kinks which couldnt be solved without wipe in open beta/live version of the game.

again, short version : this is beta for people who want to help test the game, not to play it as a finished product.
"
gen2face wrote:

It's a closed beta right now, not an open beta. The point of the current beta key system is to slowly stream players into the closed beta in order to prep the servers for an open beta and finally release.
ok guys.. i see ur right :-)

there are just differences since there are free to play games ;-) but ok.

we will see where this game is in 6 month ;-)
"
gen2face wrote:

;-)
"
gen2face wrote:

If a game like MapleStory can make it in Korea I don't see why this game wont do well. Although, I know I wont be seeing you in 6 months sir.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info