What happens when your character dies?

Is it like a "game-over"? Do you go down in level? Do you lose stuff? What exactly happens when your character dies?

Edit: Also what exactly is hardcore mode's distinction? Are the mobs just harder to kill and kill you faster? Or is there another thing to it? Explain please before I decide which one to play in lol (when I get the chance).
Last edited by Kaiyuni on Mar 25, 2012, 6:08:38 AM
When your character dies in hardcore, it gets transferred to default (softcore). When you die in default, you lose XP.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Other than the death penalty differences dust7 mentioned, Hardcore and Default are exactly the same. You can start playing in Hardcore to see if you like it without worrying about losing your character forever, because it will be transferred to Default if you die. Hardcore is all about bragging rights.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Other than the death penalty differences dust7 mentioned, Hardcore and Default are exactly the same. You can start playing in Hardcore to see if you like it without worrying about losing your character forever, because it will be transferred to Default if you die. Hardcore is all about bragging rights.

Well thank you for the response. I'll probably try my hand at hardcore once I have a feel for the game.
when you die on hardcore mode your char gets deleted
"
verysmallguy wrote:

Not true. It gets moved from the hardcore league to the default league. All of the items in your possession at the time go with you but anything in your storage will not move over. Item in storage will remain in the hardcore league and items can't be traded between leagues.

Last edited by RWTD_Burn on Mar 25, 2012, 7:56:27 PM
"
RWTD_Burn wrote:
"
verysmallguy wrote:

Not true. It gets moved from the hardcore league to the default league. All of the items in your possession at the time go with you but anything in your storage will not move over. Item in storage will remain in the hardcore league and items can't be traded between leagues.

Is there any way to transfer back to hardcore? Or is the transfer to softcore permanent?
MOAR PANTS, because every good game needs a pointless meme.
Does anyone have the exp penalties on death for the default league for each difficulty?
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
"
Xorjt wrote:
Does anyone have the exp penalties on death for the default league for each difficulty?
Normal 0%
Cruel 5%
Ruthless 10%
Merciless 15%
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Mar 25, 2012, 9:49:33 PM
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Normal 0%
Cruel 5%
Ruthless 10%
Merciless 15%

Thank you!
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101