Need build suggestions, melee only

I'm terribly bored and thought I'd make a new character but I can't decide what I want. I've barely played any melee classes so maybe I should give it a try? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the lack of AoE and how annoying it is to miss so many of your attacks (not sure if it's because of not enough accuracy or if it's just hard to stand close enough) puts me off. I've never even managed to get a melee character above lvl 20. Also constantly chasing after mobs is pretty annoying too.

So does anyone have some suggestions that could make playing a melee character more enjoyable? I saw a guy using Flicker Strike and that actually looked like a lot of fun.

Anyway, the only real guidelines I have are: Melee focused, viable in chaos/late game and fun, though that is of course a matter of opinion.
Made a Duelist build, any comments? I avoided passives that only make one specific weapon stronger because I don't like the idea of locking myself to only 1 type. With the amount of strength I'll have I thought getting Iron Reflexes would be a waste because I don't think I'll be able to wear most of the higher dexterity armour.

But it's pretty much just more damage from 1H weapons, some extra HP here and there and some points to help me keep my mana up.

Should I be able to do chaos with this? And what skill gems should I use besides Flicker strike? I've never played a Duelist before.

EDIT: Of course I forgot to actually include the build.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQQB18yj-Y2pGP8LgqSm9YnDzQs-64CJKhzbnVC6-woxn3R9xa_1fztvT-KrxEBhRIdi2sdaxIO0mxJn4IbRcsWYfcLpd_7bcm0gkj68s76DfOG0KCn6d_K8rcEqs9Rb2TY4O8VlKI6nLqIRC4HVWFGGPMDI90rQIyR9wYe3jANmhT03lwhEoG-VkxAsBhNzvsqZOv24hpbGNAm4ZfYJ9cQ-yZQWpaM24PjQI8Ar24CCIFWvpswk1saPnMl6D_pbecGXU09swt20fxE_B54h_155vzAIfUBDPcasD0i74q-YoI4rxrzJj4gRWT7ARbsvfRpJy9ornah2tD0XFRfWu6_foNjdRc1wI3fgwAzcYYbmhQ8--5kqJEKdoNYrD7g=
Last edited by Srsbznz on Mar 25, 2012, 10:01:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info