[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
_WK_ wrote:

The issue I have is speed. It takes time to charge up WO and start firing. ...

I might miss something here. I have played trapper, totemer and vortex. Maybe I'm spoiled by those builds. Let me know if you feel differently.

I can feel you. I come from a Dual Poets Pen Lightning Warp Build (RIP). My workaround for this issue: I gave up 2 Curses with bane and implement a fake 4L WO on my Wand with increased Duration and the Duration Cluster left to Scion. This results in a 9 Second WO with ~200k to 300k DPS, what is more than enough to pop Quicksilver and kill trash.

P. S.: No offend, but where did you sink the 10 ex in your Gear? Just wondering, seems nothing special.
Last edited by Borat187 on Apr 17, 2019, 8:10:01 AM
"
_WK_ wrote:
"
arelil wrote:
"
_WK_ wrote:
Hey man, really appreciate your guide here. But I tend to give up this build.

I'm not a hater. I like the idea to use winter orb to clear monsters close to you and focus on the bosses far away. And as you said, the dps is great. I have 6L Shav's, ice spear enchanted helmet. And I don't really die. My level is still low @ lvl 80. But I have no problem taking down bosses. Even with syndicates, I temporal chain them, dash away, and barrage them down. Not a problem.

The issue I have is speed. It takes time to charge up WO and start firing. It's specially difficult for synthesis mechanics because we are supposed to clear and run fast. With ice spear being my main source of dps, I just can't make the spear hit the batches fast enough. It doesn't scale with faster cast speed. When I turned around corners, I have to start channeling again. I started missing memories from T12, T13, because I can't channel fast enough. I had to rely on WO to clear the mobs but WO dps is low.

I might miss something here. I have played trapper, totemer and vortex. Maybe I'm spoiled by those builds. Let me know if you feel differently.

Get a quicksilver flask of adrenaline + socket in a phase run gem. Furthermore, If you boost your DPS enough you should be able to run through mobs with just WO. Also, your projectile weakness gem is wayyy too high level, meaning youre spending much more on dex than you need to. It scales quite well from quality %, I would focus on that over level. Same as your increased duration support, which is extremely minor in the grand scale. I would scale that back significantly as well, freeing up more affixes for other stats rather than having to focus on +str / +dex.

I have high dex/str only because of my amulet. It has like +80dex/+50str. I planned to pick a different one once I git 20 quality. I don't think it changes dps that much. And I have quick silver. Keep in mind in mean clear speed. You can run without clearing. But you ended up surrounded by monsters. And yes, if I have high enough dps, I can clear with just WO. But then what's the point of CWC and Ice Spear? I can just have a WO build. Sure I can boost dps. But currently my investment is around 10ex, maybe slightly less. Sure I can invest more, but you know, every build is decent when you invest enough.

ice spear + CWC is meant for dps'ing bosses or large mobs in front of you (stage 2 ice spear pierce mows down mobs). WO should be able to 1-shot all smaller mobs around you as youre moving. This is build is not meant to be a super fast map clearer, its meant to be able to run all content effectively - anything from T16s to Uber Elder / Cortex. I also would argue that faster movespeed = faster clear speed. If you can quickly move between packs without your WO stacks falling off, you can usually bang out 2-3 packs before having to stop and re-channel. Finally, yes you do have a quicksilver flask, but it does not have the 'adrenaline' suffix, meaning you are missing out ~30% MS. Paired with phase run, you could move much more quickly between mobs, 1-shotting them all and quickly clearing content. Taking a quick look at your PoB, you're only sitting at 95k WO dps(on 10 stacks), yes you will have issues clearing with it and I would recommend boosting your DPS as you hit higher tier maps.
"
Borat187 wrote:
"
_WK_ wrote:

The issue I have is speed. It takes time to charge up WO and start firing. ...

I can feel you. I come from a Dual Poets Pen Lightning Warp Build (RIP). My workaround for this issue: I gave up 2 Curses with bane and implement a fake 4L WO on my Wand with increased Duration and the Duration Cluster left to Scion. This results in a 9 Second WO with ~200k to 300k DPS, what is more than enough to pop Quicksilver and kill trash.

P. S.: No offend, but where did you sink the 10 ex in your Gear? Just wondering, seems nothing special.

That's a nice setup. Yeah, 9 second WO is great.

I spent 7ex on the shav's and 1ex on the helment with IS enchant. So that's 8ex. I know shav's is cheaper now. No offense taken.
"
arelil wrote:

ice spear + CWC is meant for dps'ing bosses or large mobs in front of you (stage 2 ice spear pierce mows down mobs). WO should be able to 1-shot all smaller mobs around you as youre moving. This is build is not meant to be a super fast map clearer, its meant to be able to run all content effectively - anything from T16s to Uber Elder / Cortex. I also would argue that faster movespeed = faster clear speed. If you can quickly move between packs without your WO stacks falling off, you can usually bang out 2-3 packs before having to stop and re-channel. Finally, yes you do have a quicksilver flask, but it does not have the 'adrenaline' suffix, meaning you are missing out ~30% MS. Paired with phase run, you could move much more quickly between mobs, 1-shotting them all and quickly clearing content. Taking a quick look at your PoB, you're only sitting at 95k WO dps(on 10 stacks), yes you will have issues clearing with it and I would recommend boosting your DPS as you hit higher tier maps.

All valid points. Thank you.

I know the IS + CWC is for boss. And believe me, I never complained about WO dps being low. I know the potential. My WO can one shot small packs even now. I didn't run T16 with my char because I know my dps is not there. T12 and T13 is the highest I've been doing, mostly T9 to T11. So I'm not stretching here. I didn't complain about running slow either. You comment on my flask is valid. Adrenaline is great. But how do you deal with freeze, curse and bleeding? Keep in mind I do have a few uniqpe flasks for dps. Can I replace them? sure.

My argument on clearing speed, is actually the fact that I have to charge up my secondary skill now and then. And my secondary skill is not optimized for clearing the packs. It's just a personal play style thing. If I rely on a skill 95% of the time, I would probably optimize that. Bosses ain't hard these days. I can live with less optimal dps because that's just 5% fo the time. Not all builds or skills are the same. If I work hard on the primary skill to a limit, I’m fine with that. But if I have an awesome primary skill but have to rely on a subpar secondary, I don’t know, man n
Last edited by _WK_ on Apr 17, 2019, 12:32:50 PM
HELP !!!!
Cant't win Uber Elder. All the rest is simple. Need advices , tips , CHEATS..Anything to help the fight..please... a video...i am desperate :)

gratz :P
"
Stressman wrote:
HELP !!!!
Cant't win Uber Elder. All the rest is simple. Need advices , tips , CHEATS..Anything to help the fight..please... a video...i am desperate :)

First of all: Get another Mastercraft on your Ring (you don't use any Attack Skill). I'd suggest Faster Start of Recharge for ES. The Mod on the Taming "Ele Dam with Attack Skills" is useless too because of that reason.

Second: What is the Problem? The Fight is all about dodging Shaper Balls and Elder ice, get familiar with the positioning of Shaper and Elder, knowing who is damagable at the moment, killing Adds, placing Anomalies, dodging Beams, rinse and repeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwZ7dw-aWZM
Last edited by Borat187 on Apr 18, 2019, 6:07:13 AM
"
Stressman wrote:
HELP !!!!

Few things:

-your dex (at 174) is way higher than it needs to be. getting projectile weakness up to level 20 really doesnt help DPS that much, Im still running a lvl 10 so I can keep dex lower and use my affixes in other ways.

-same as str, I dont see anything in your build that requires more than 98 str, but youre sitting at 124. Figure out where you have affixes / rolls you dont need and re-spec, this will free up additional affixes / passive points for DPS or survivability.

-Quality does scale DPS massively on curses, and I would recommend 20% qual on your gem sockets (if youre going to do this, substitute out frostbite for ele weakness, it offers higher dps at 20% quality).

-The taming is overall a 'meh' ring for our build for how expensive it is. I would definitely sell + get rid of your other ring (see earlier comments on having too much dex) and move to rings that give you large amounts of ES (can get 70+ on a moonstone ring) as well as any necessary ele resistances / other stats you need. If youre wanting more DPS, pick up a mark of the shaper and an elder ring to hold your ES + ele resistances on.

-not sure why you're running purity of ice, even without you're capped for cold res. I would unsocket purity of ice, move discipline from your shield into your purity of ice socket, then socket in anger on your prism guardian. With your Watchers Eye Anger mod it gives you even more DPS, and provides an overall 30% total DPS increase to your build.

As for the fight itself, yeah it definitely gets easier over time. Focus on moving around in a circle around the perimeter of the arena while shooting ice spears towards elder / shaper in the center. Move -- shoot -- move -- shoot, small movements (like 1 flame-dash size) to re-position and avoid incoming attacks, then more dps. Rinse and repeat.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 18, 2019, 9:17:08 AM
Thanks arelil and Borat187 for the response.
Many things I did not know. Thanks for the information. I'll improve my gear now.

Uber Elder must go down.

Thanks
Hi, Im somehow new player for this game, pls don't ignore or try to throw smth:)
Im trying to play with this build on the league. In the atlastime I have some problems with mobs, hp control, too big dmg on my shoulders from enemies.
So, I understand that the problem is - my skill and gearing, gems placing, etc...
Wana to listen some main advices about my playstyle, problems in my gearing and skil-gem placing..
P.S. I dont have too much currency now, about 60-70 c..Trying to collect for shyvr in my chest...cuz tabula not nice.I think that immortal call doesnt work too, and frot bomb.. Only on 3-4-5-6 lvl mapping. Pls help me to continue my character success! With all pleasure, frineds!
ctepbas
Please , turn your char public.
Very important, you need to be immune a chaos damage, so shavrana is top priority.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info