[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

"
michal09191 wrote:
Ok so what ascendency is better for divine ire ?

You mean Ramako vs Tukohama? Same as with Holy Flame Totem, it all depends on your goals. If you just want to do low red tier maps, go Ramako. If you want to do high red tier and endgame bosses like red Elder, Uber Elder, Shaper etc. go for Tukohama for the taunt. It will keep you alive.

Now, I thought the first time around I played this build I got very lucky to kill Uber Elder on day 6. My posts about that are actually in the OP at the end. But it turns out this build is just absolutely amazing to build up. Now, on day 4 of this event I feel I could take Uber Elder again.

It is just such a natural curve of gearing up. You can easily start with nothing in maps and slowly build up the gear piece by piece. I think I have bought and sold like 30 wands until I ended up with my current ones. Which I admit, are pretty crazy, even if they dont look like much, but 5ex wands on Synthesis SC give me less DPS than these two do.

My Circle of Anguish I sniped for 3ex on day 2, which was pretty lucky I guess. My second ring I crafted myself with Hysteria Essences and it gives me as much DPS as a buff effect only Circle of Anguish. So I will need a second Buff Effect + Fire damage one to raise my DPS.

My chest I bought for 30c with shit stats and with 3 sockets. I 6-linked it and chaos spammed what I have right now. Not as good as last time, as I had +1 active gems + spell crit but it is still pretty nice.

My amulet is actually insane I think. I found it listed for 30c for 4 hours and nobody snatched it up! Like what the fuck? T2 crit chance and T1 crit multi factured?! Also on the perfect base for me as mana regen is a huge priority. I crafted it with Essences of Misery for the mana regen and ended up with spell damage after a few tries. Maybe I will craft it some more in the next days but it is nice as it is.

Boots are also self crafted and enchanted. Took me like 25 uber lab runs with Twice Enchanted to finally get it, so REALLY unlucky there. Helm was bought as is for I think 70c. Belt was 60c as is, waiting to be able to craft % damage there.

Most recently I have been trying to corrupt my Winds of Change for spell crit, but so far no luck there.

Anyway, after one of my usual long posts, here is my current gear in the event:

Ah right, and the Watcher Eye I bought for 1.5ex.
Last edited by Mecielle on May 14, 2019, 6:08:34 PM
Cool build, but divine ire CALLS for:
Soul mantl
Kikarazu ring x2
Self-Flagellation

Tree can have 'mental rapidity', 'throatseeker', 'fire/light walker'
Last edited by kovarniypidor on May 14, 2019, 8:29:21 PM
"
kovarniypidor wrote:
Cool build, but divine ire CALLS for:
Soul mantl
Kikarazu ring x2
Self-Flagellation

Tree can have 'mental rapidity', 'throatseeker', 'fire/light walker'

Well, sure. Gives more damage, but why would you need it if you already have more than enough? Even more so at the price of a metric ton of survivability you will lose by using those rings and body amor... Not worth it at all.

Better way to do it is play normally and farm up for Atziris Reflection. Then you can go Soul Mantle, Self-Flagellation and Cowards Legacy without having to use Kika.

But this is mainly a Holy Flame Totem build, so thats why its not deep into detail about that.
Last edited by Mecielle on May 15, 2019, 1:35:37 AM
Will you update this guide for 3.7? I didn't get to play in 3.6 and was looking forward to try it next league but i recently saw they will split up the bonuses on the Chieftain ascendancy a bit. So i'm not sure how much that will impact the build.

Thanks.
"
Tekmet wrote:
Will you update this guide for 3.7? I didn't get to play in 3.6 and was looking forward to try it next league but i recently saw they will split up the bonuses on the Chieftain ascendancy a bit. So i'm not sure how much that will impact the build.

Thanks.

[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 11, 2019, 2:17:40 PM
"
Tekmet wrote:

Thanks.

It will be fine only lost taunt and that might be included in the tree or we can look at gear that might be coming out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info