[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

I haven't really had mana issues, but I went Alira rather than points.

I'm also running Divine Ire -> Spell Totem which is _cheap_. Only in a 4 link so far (SSF, sigh), but my totem only costs 13 mana.
"
zz9za wrote:
I haven't really had mana issues, but I went Alira rather than points.

I'm also running Divine Ire -> Spell Totem which is _cheap_. Only in a 4 link so far (SSF, sigh), but my totem only costs 13 mana.

My totem costs 167 mana ;)
Hi and sry for my eng ;)
So its huge diffrent between divine ire dmg totem and holy flame totem?
Divine Ire is great dmg, probably best dmg dealer out of all spell totem skills. However, it's like 5 times slower clear speed, just from mechanical standpoint. You can't zoom zoom, once you drop totem, there's delay before they charge 10 stacks before beam is released. So you got to wait and what's more you're more vulnerable as well. There's one additional drawback, 50% of dmg is converted to lightning dmg, so it's not full 100% fire conversion.

Having that said I would not advise to use divine ire for clear speed.

Of course, self cast divine ire is completely different story.
Last edited by ojejku on May 13, 2019, 5:34:59 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
Divine Ire is great dmg, probably best dmg dealer out of all spell totem skills. However, it's like 5 times slower clear speed, just from mechanical standpoint. You can't zoom zoom, once you drop totem, there's delay before they charge 10 stacks before beam is released. So you got to wait and what's more you're more vulnerable as well. There's one additional drawback, 50% of dmg is converted to lightning dmg, so it's not full 100% fire conversion.

Having that said I would not advise to use divine ire for clear speed.

Of course, self cast divine ire is completely different story.

You need to go all in cast speed and get some area of effect to charge divine ire in a good speed... I actually used an increased area of effect support.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
I know, I tried them all, still it just does not come close to other spells immediate feedback.

Purify Flame or Holy Totem still the best. I prefer the first one, it's just better clear speed, covering so much area with enough AoE investment.
Last edited by ojejku on May 13, 2019, 7:52:58 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
I know, I tried them all, still it just does not come close to other spells immediate feedback.

Purify Flame or Holy Totem still the best. I prefer the first one, it's just better clear speed, covering so much area with enough AoE investment.

Sounds like you have not invested into proj. speed. Because Purifying Flame comes nowhere close to the clear speed of well built HFT. My HFTs cover 1.5 screens. But PF Totems are fun, I give you that.
Last edited by Mecielle on May 13, 2019, 8:13:41 AM
They are comparable I would say, projectiles are projectiles, they do not hit all enemies, even with stacking faster projectiles that only makes them go longer (offscreen), whereas area base dmg can cover all mobs all around.

With that jewel that gives +2 projectiles it's much better, but anyway, I'm just saying I prefer PF with AoE and cast speed stacking. I would also advise to get Totemic Zeal, that makes placing totems so much smoother. I still wonder why those little totem ascendancy nodes do not grant 20-40% totem placement speed instead of just 10% :/ Of course getting Totemic Zeal with crit route will be tight, almost impossible without sacrificing anything.

Btw I just wish damn overkill from HoA would work with totems and not only you killing mobs. That is mostly the only thing stopping me from playing totems :P
Last edited by ojejku on May 13, 2019, 8:26:19 AM
I'm finding with Divine Ire that the large circular AoE kills most trash packs without even thinking about it, and then if anything lives...well, the deah star beam makes them not.
Ok so what ascendency is better for divine ire ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info