Movable UI

I play on a 3840x1600 ultra-wide monitor and would really appreciate being able to move my life orb closer to the middle of the screen where my character is. I understand that addons are not allowed but what about UI sliders? We should be allowed to make our UI smaller or larger, depending on the resolution and the size of the monitor.

Please consider allowing us to change that!

Thank you!
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2019, 4:11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1

that would be awesome, would love anything that help keep an eye on some important buff/procs too
Grim Dawn supports increasing or decreasing the scale of the UI. The UI of Grim Dawn is also centred in the middle of the screen, whatever screen size.

That would a solution that would help everyone (not just moving the health orb or customizing the UI).

Chris Wilson spoke in Beaclast 23 about UI changes and that it is a big undertaking because the UI connects to EVERYTHING (which means there will be many bugs to find and fix before release). ADD languages. ADD the different PC versions: POE for everyone, POE China (Tencent)[2] and POE Asia (Garena)[1] AFAIK.

That why they have not touched (optimized) the buff and debuff bar.

So, if at all, this would be a 4.0 feature, to be tested in the 4.0 limited beta.

PS: In the meantime, you can enable to show player health bar above the character in the UI settings.

[1] https://web.poe.garena.tw/
[2] poe.game.qq.com/

PS: On a side not. Centring the UI in the middle and make it scalable (smaller/bigger) does imply that GGG introduced Ultrawide support.

I am sceptical that POE does really "look better" on Ultrawide Curved (except for the little bit more immersion left and right (peripheral vision)).

What does make POE "look better" is more pixel density! eg 1440p 27" or 24" inch, not ulrawide, can be curved (everyone their own), with high refresh rate! Where curved and ultrawide is a subjective thing. Pixel density is objective, a measurable comparable technical spec to compare "looks better." Add also high refresh rate.

24" 1440p is ~122 pixel per inch

27" 1440p is ~109 pixel per inch

Add a 10bit IPS panel (like 27" AORUS AD27QD) or Samsungs QuantumDot ( 27" CFG73 ). And you are golden.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Feb 16, 2019, 5:35:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info