Question About Spiritual Aid/Command and Kinetic Blast vs. Firestorm

Hey!

I'm pretty new to playing PoE. I've been doing the early game stuff (currently level 47), and just trying to figure out what kinds of attacks to pair with my gaggle of minions.

I've bought most of the minion damage and minion attack passives, which makes it so with Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command it seems like I should be doing something with a weapon. I'm fairly fragile because most of my passives are about my minions, so I think this means I should be using a bow or a wand?

Kinetic Blast seems to be the best wand gem available? And in theory the DPS can get very high when I stack it with things like Wrath and Physical Damage as Lightning supports. But, it's a pain to target, you need LoS, and it takes time to fly across the screen.

Firestorm just seems better (despite getting no bonus from Spiritual Aid or Spiritual Command) because it ignores LoS and my minions just turn and attack instantly. Plus the damage seems comparable, and it uses fewer item slots to get +spell damage than it does to try to stack +damage on everything to feed the wand.

Am I missing something? Is there a better ranged way to exploit the bonuses from Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command? (I've seen threads suggesting using melee attacks, but that seems really time consuming and inefficient to me.)

Thanks!
Last edited by TheOneirophage on Feb 15, 2019, 2:43:49 AM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 2:43:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info