Bossrooms are a joke

"
Fruz wrote:
- Atlas bonus completion
- Shaper influence's spreading
- Shaper's stronghold
- The +2 Bonus of course
- Pantheon power upgrades
- Some prophecies (that you could complete by killing low level bosses, but that is pretty much a waste of time compared to killing a map boss, right ?)

Not very compelling list of bonuses. Lots of the bonuses you listed are one-time endeavors and very little reason to repeat such action. Prophecies are not relevant because the hard part is to get the prophecy, not kill a boss, and you still only kill the boss once to complete the prophecy.

What is left are +2 map drops and shaper's strongholds. Shaper's strongholds are example where it is worthwhile killing the boss no matter how difficult or annoying the boss is. The boss drops guaranteed currency + high chance/guaranteed shaped item.

I already explain my view on impact of map bosses on map sustain, in short, it is negligible.
Oh i wanted to add something else. It's really annoying when bossrooms are so small that it's fucking cramped in there with aoe fields and shit and you gotta land on these tiny small areas all fights. For me personally it's not enjoyable, i'm the type of the person most of the time i like to play braindead and every now and then i will activate my real focus for a special challenge but generally i just like to play and not having to twitch reactions constantly and be perfect position on every 0.5-3seconds interval of boss or die horribly due to spam shit all over screen.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Baron01 wrote:
I already explain my view on impact of map bosses on map sustain, in short, it is negligible.

Map sustain isn't the only thing there is in PoE though.

Again :

"
Fruz wrote:
GGG is not balancing the game only around players would go for 40/40 and completely fill their Atlas, and all those things do count.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I guess people who hate boss arenas for being small also hate delving, because delving is a hundred times worse in terms of space than ANY boss room in the entire game.
"
I guess people who hate boss arenas for being small also hate delving, because delving is a hundred times worse in terms of space than ANY boss room in the entire game.
Besides the city boss rooms, which delve nodes have no paths to retreat down? That one encounter where all the spectral animals fill the screen can be overwhelming and I just toss a flare down a tunnel and retreat when needed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 14, 2019, 11:46:48 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Besides the city boss rooms, which delve nodes have no paths to retreat down? That one encounter where all the spectral animals fill the screen can be overwhelming and I just toss a flare down a tunnel and retreat when needed.

Every area has a few layouts like that. There's some cave layout with less than fourth a screen to move around, and if it happens to be an exile spawn it's even worse.

Another memorable layout was a fire node with extra projectiles. No space to move, every time I went to the node a screen-wide red line of death came at me. No idea how many hits I took in that split seconds it took me to die, but that was literally unavoidable. In hindsight, LW might've let me get past it, but LS was definitely not enough.
Who cares about bosses anyway.
They are

1. Not fun
2. Not rewarding (only in rare cases like strongholds)
3. Phased are even annoying.

And yeah.
Disrespect for tiny arenas.
Also the worst boss ever is MasterMind.
The Peak of counterfun content.
Oh, GGG just love to create idiotic bosses, then skipped by 99% of playerbase, unless they are mandatory for something, like Villenta or erradicator.

My personal "top".

Mastermind - idiotic fight with garbage loot. Never again.

Erradicator - would't touch this crap, but umfortunately I have to, to farm Uber Elder

Shakari - bossfight takes longer then whole map itself, then - garbage loot at the end. No, no, no!!!

Vilenta - wouldn't do her at all, but she grants one point in tree, what sadist designed it like that?

Reef stupidity - once (twice, if we count ct6) and never again

Primordial blocks - some pinball/roulette idiocy - once and never again

Basilica crap - Why? Oh Why?

Terrace idiocy - actually twice (act 8 and terrace) and never again

Chimera - I wish I could just oneshoot it like Uber Elder can. Bossfight longer then map clearing again

You just listed all the maps I can't stand on a bad build or one with obvious weakness. I completely understand.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
i'm the type of the person most of the time i like to play braindead and every now and then i will activate my real focus for a special challenge but generally i just like to play

Well at least you are upfront about the type of person you are and why you want things the way you do. heh

------------------------------------------

My opinion.

I think bosses could be made to be a lot more sought out. Some recent additions that were already listed are nice, but I definitely think more maps and sulphite would be a nice addition to the loot table. Perhaps only chance to drop (or open a portal to a sulphite collection and encounter realm) sulphite on corrupted maps.

It would be nice if some bosses were perhaps phases throughout the whole maps instead of arenas or if there were some strong bosses to kill to get to final like uber elder but in one map.

Bosses definitely don't need to be made easier and normal mobs need a bit of a boost.
Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 15, 2019, 12:02:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info