Uul-netol challenge

Uul-netol is the last one i need for the encounters III challenge and I'm looking for some advice.

I have a corrupt jewel that stops corrupted blood from being inflicted on me. do i need to remove that jewel?
How do you keep from dying with 5 stacks of corrupted blood? bring a couple life flasks w/o staunching?
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 7:22:24 AM
Not sure about the jewel, but I'd replace it with another one for this challenge. Better safe than sorry...

Here's what worked for me:

1. Get the boss down to about 30% health (or maybe even lower).
You want to have him at a point, where you
- won't kill him too early by accident, but
- can finish the encounter really fast once you got the required stacks.

During this early stage, you can open one of the "mini-breaches" in the boss chamber, if you need to refill your flasks. If you get corrupted blood, purge it with a staunching flask.
Make sure you got at least one "mini-breach" left for the final phase. These "mini-breaches" are important, because they are a fast and controllable way to get the "corrupted blood" stacks. Get your stacks from the small adds, NOT from the boss.

2. Once you got the boss at 30% health or lower, open one of the remaining "mini-breaches". Don't kill the adds immediately, let them apply a sufficent number of stacks. For me, this took only a second or two.

3. Now kill everything including the boss ASAP, before the stacks wear off or kill you.

TBH, I did this with a really badly geared, but still very tanky HoWA Jugg. I wasn't even close to death. For squishier builds, this might OFC be harder.

GL with the achievement!
(a) Yes, you have to remove that jewel. It will prevent any stacks from registering.

(b) corrupted blood stacks do not all do some uniform gigantic damage, they're dependent entirely on their source.

I did this challenge on a pure uul-netol breachstone on a fragile little Assassin. I was actually worried about it being too much damage to sustain from a pure uul-netol, but with 4 endurance charges up, out-leeching 7 stacks (I accidentally stood in the affected zone too long) was trivial.

You shouldn't need life flasks if you have an even remotely good amount of recovery.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 14, 2019, 12:52:37 PM
What you also can do, if you re using hits and not DoT for killing is wear the southbound gloves + elemental focus.

The gloves do (wiki quote): The modifier Your Hits can only Kill Frozen enemies means any damage applied by a hit (attack, spell, or secondary damage) will not reduce a monster's life below 1. Damage over time effects such as ignite or poison will still kill monsters. The modifier also allows enemies to survive the effects of Culling Strike.

Elemental focus on your main attack will prevent you from freezing the enemy.

Now you can dps the boss down to 1 HP without killing him by accident and then finish it off with some kind of DoT effect like vortex or scorching ray.

This method also works rly nice for example the trio challenge during uber atziri map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info