I bought 60 sets "boon of the first ones"

I bought all my cards for 12c or under, the process itself took awhile because a lot of people wanted more money for the cards. I have a video attached of me opening them as proof and below are the stats on everything I got. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDbyVfK1xtI&t=97s

1. Saqwal's Nest x 3
2. Craiceann's Carapace x 2
3. Fenumus' Shroud x 3
4. Farrul's Fur x 0
5. Craiceann's Pincers x 5
6. Fenumus' Weave x 2
7. Farrul's Pounce x 2
8. Saqawal's Winds x 5
9. Craiceann's Tracks x 4
10. Saqawal's Talons x 8
11. Farrul's Chase x 4
12. Fenumus' Spinnerets x 6
13. Saqawal's Flock x 6
14. Craiceann's Chitin x 6
15. Fenumus' Toxins x 3
16. Farrul's Bite x 1

The most frustrating part about buying these was not the actual purchasing but having to deal with people's bad attitudes or unrealistic pricing. I had some folks sell them to me much cheaper and no issues, while others got instantly aggressive and acted as if I was scamming them. Others were offended that I was offering anything for there cards and would ask anywhere from 15-25c a card. 90% if not more of the cards I purchased were all unlisted so I had to go through 100's of people and offer a price.

From the results, this shows that even 10-12c a card is just not worth it. I hope this post helps other people from going through the insanity that me and my wife went through. Of course people are going to say they got really good results but anyone can say anything over the internet and of course there's RNG.
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2019, 1:03:12 PM
Some buy them and get what they want. Some buy them and don't get what they want. Some buy them just to sell what they get, hoping to get lucky. Suffice to say, it's a gamble either way.

If it was "worth" it, people wouldn't be selling them at "worthy" prices.

Oh, and people are free to charge what ever they want for their items. It's not your or my place to tell them that they are - in our mind - overpricing. If 90% of people had the cards unlisted, it tells me that the cards really have no "set price".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Oh, and people are free to charge what ever they want for their items. It's not your or my place to tell them that they are - in our mind - overpricing. If 90% of people had the cards unlisted, it tells me that the cards really have no "set price".

What it says is that there isn't enough market data (like the OP is providing) to let them make a rational selling price they can trust - as their only data points may be the few listed (with potential volatility/fixing) on the trade site.

The ideas that people are free to sell at the price they want and that a commodity can be overpriced are not mutually exclusive.
With all respect to OP, he did a lot of hard and completely senseless work. In this particular case we have set of 6 cards, lets assume for 11c each. It is 66c for whole set then. There are 16 possible outcomes from each set, so to be more or less sure, we will get only one thing which is worth effort – Farruls Fur, we have to bring to Navali 257 sets. When it comes to price, second item is Fenumus Shroud, ~72 c. It seems like Boon of the first one is deficient by definition and purchasing cards from market to get Farrul’s fur is worst possible way to get that armor. To conclude – Boon of the first one is set for people, who already have some cards and want to try their luck. From pure "economical" point of view maybe it would be more profitable to spend ~2400 chaos for "The Samurai's eye". For that price we can get 8 jewels, with better chance to get at least some return of expences.
Ok, so the task of buying these "Boon" cards is tedious and expensive. So out of all these:

Did you get anything worth using or just a waste of time and chaos?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Ok, so the task of buying these "Boon" cards is tedious and expensive. So out of all these:

Did you get anything worth using or just a waste of time and chaos?

If you try to use it as a way to obtain Farrul's Fur, then it is pure waste of resources. If you already have at least one such card, you can try your luck, in worst scenario you will loose 20-30c, which seems to be acceptable risk.
Yes, but what items do you actually get for trading in these cards? The wiki is incomplete and doesn't show what you get. Can the OP show us what he got out of it (good/bad)?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yes, but what items do you actually get for trading in these cards? The wiki is incomplete and doesn't show what you get. Can the OP show us what he got out of it (good/bad)?

I think the Wiki is fairly complete on the matter

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bestiary_league

Just scroll down a bit.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Very little, Farrul's fur is the most desirable, Craiceann's carapace is probably second and maybe spider gloves/chest third.

Rest are pretty useless, also the cards far too rare like almost all div cards. I feel pretty bad for the OP tbh theres only 16 items I really would have expected a fur in there somewhere :/
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info