How to fix Melee. (People are gonna hate it though)

Step one: triple the damage of truly melee skills (heavy strike, cleave, etc)
Step two: add a point blank mechanic to the semi-melee skills to do double damage up close and less to far away targets (sunder, tectonic slam etc)
Step three: Triple the life of all monsters and bosses.

You see, the underlying problem is that whole screens die instantly, making ranged superior in 99 percent of situations. If we slow down the time to kill, melee could get a big ol damage buff that gives it some pros and cons while leaving enticing pros and cons for ranged as well.

Also, fortify should reduce damage proportional to the amount of melee damage dealt recently (to keep it from being abused by non melee builds)
Last edited by KZA on Feb 14, 2019, 12:50:54 PM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 2:00:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Your point is valid, i give you a +1, people definitly won't like it at all
<Procs Fortify Buff & activates Immortal Call>

I'll give you a +1 too. Traditional Melee is already in a rough spot right now definitely.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
It's sad that melee get's the short end of the stick
Trash crap are supposed to die instantly in 1 click for good built chars. I don't see any problems here for anyone. Your envy for this - only your problem, not the game ones.

Melee builds are already kill bosses as fast as it only possible, while ranged - far from this.

So, you are suggesting to make melees even stronger here, and totally destroy the ranged builds possibility to kill bosses.

Aren't you too wise?

* By 'melees' I mean any build, that forced to stay in melee range. Most of them are using truly melee skills tho
Heh, at most you'll get points 1 and 2 addressed, with maybe Fortify reworked.

Anything that would "slow down" the ranged/cast builds and would place the "meta" on the melee focused ones will simply "not happen".

And actually it shouldn't happen, as the floodgates of "casual one shotting entire screens of enemies", no matter what, is quite addictive, and TencentGGG can't afford to annoy their playerbase too much...

Regardless, as long as TencentGGG can manage the balance process with "melee" skills having any kind of use, "real melee" will simply "feel great, better than ever"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
I have a simpler solution: Apply point blank mechanics to IIR and IIQ, so people at close range get better drops.
Watch the meta shift as more people want to play true melee and GGG reacts to that...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Ranged skills should also get diminishing return the further their arrow/spells goes.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Here is 29+ pages of melee sucks outside of 3 skills and 2 ascendants but that is okay and nothing should be done to improve anything because other classes has some shitty skills too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2322158
"
SilverWF2 wrote:
Trash crap are supposed to die instantly in 1 click for good built chars. I don't see any problems here for anyone. Your envy for this - only your problem, not the game ones.

Melee builds are already kill bosses as fast as it only possible, while ranged - far from this.

So, you are suggesting to make melees even stronger here, and totally destroy the ranged builds possibility to kill bosses.

Aren't you too wise?

* By 'melees' I mean any build, that forced to stay in melee range. Most of them are using truly melee skills tho

You need to hit me up with some of the stuff you're smoking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info