monitor for POE

Friends, I currently only play POE and Diablo III.
I decided to invest a little more and set up the following computer:
ryzen processor 5 1600
Memory ddr4 hyperX 8gb 2400mhz cl15
Brass corsair 550 font
Motherboard biostar b350 gtx3
Video card MSI armor mk2 rx580 8gb

The doubt is in the choice of the monitor, for MMOS how much the GTG can disrupt (imput lag, Gray to gray)

I have two options in the country that I live in Brazil in the same price range.

That are:
MONITOR ALIENWERE AW2518HF
MONITOR SMSUNG LC27FG73FQLXZD

One uses the TN Screen while the other uses the VA.
I wanted to know within my configuration what the best choice to make the most of the path of exile.
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2019, 4:21:23 PM
The clear downside of the Samsung is that it is 1080p on 27inch. The clarity and sharpness (because of the pixel density) on the Alienware 24" 1080p will be better. If you read tech reviews, 27" 1080p are not a clear cut recommendation because of that.

If the Samsung size and curve makes up for that ("immersion"), IDK. Each their own.

If you want to shell out the money for the Alienware (targeted at competitive FPS with 240hz) (because you might also want to play a shooter w FreeSync enabled, eg the new Apex Legends, Doom, then I would also recommend to put another 8gb ram stick in) then go for it.

But be aware that the difference between 140hz and 240hz regarding playing better in POE is marginal.

Be aware also that AMD will release a new generation of gfx cards (Navi) by the end of this year (1440p gaming). For upgrade sakes and future proof, I would try get a used RX480 via ebay or else. The difference will be only ~10% at worst (from the 580 see bench differences https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-RX-480/3923vs3634 and search on YouTube for some old comparison videos) and still be able to drive +60fps highest details 1080p in POE.

Then you have money left for 16gb ram or saved up a deposit for a new 1440p gfx card the coming December/January/February.

PS/Edit: 2 days later. Here is a review of a 480 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXeMXsWKWCg ) as a budget card for 1080p gaming, last gen games.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Feb 13, 2019, 11:22:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info