[3.9] g00fy_goober's WinterIsComing Trickster (Easily Clear All Content)

Hey g00fy

Did you ever experience one-shot dead? How much max hp do you have? I have 4,600 max hp right now and I think this is not enough. I died too often and it makes me super frustrated. Tbh, I don’t even know how I died. lol

I know that I didn’t follow your guide like copy-paste. I made some tweak here and there. Now I feel like my character like super glass cannon type. I even tried to use cwdtx2 with steelskin and immortal call. These help me a bit but most of the time I died in one-shot.

May be it’s my fault that I played to risky or map is too hard, but if you have any suggestion, please tell me.
The truth is that it is a squishy build, and will explode from time to time in high content, you are overly reliant on leech.

I am impressed by the people who ground to 100, I am assuming they ground out safe maps and didn't push content.

I have killed uber elder with 1 death this league though, so it isn't completely weak.
"
zeldomth wrote:
Hey g00fy

Did you ever experience one-shot dead? How much max hp do you have? I have 4,600 max hp right now and I think this is not enough. I died too often and it makes me super frustrated. Tbh, I don’t even know how I died. lol

I know that I didn’t follow your guide like copy-paste. I made some tweak here and there. Now I feel like my character like super glass cannon type. I even tried to use cwdtx2 with steelskin and immortal call. These help me a bit but most of the time I died in one-shot.

May be it’s my fault that I played to risky or map is too hard, but if you have any suggestion, please tell me.

Have i ever experience one shot dead..... well this is poe, so if i havent i must not be playing the game lol. It happens all the time, on most builds off and on. Especially super juiced up crazy ones with mods or delve. That being said, 4.6k hp is super low on any build. I always try to shoot for at least 5.5k and sometimes depending on builds can get more or less depending on the playstyle. And yes it is quite frequent to just explode and be like "WTF KILLED ME" That is POE though, not anything to do with this build. I shall say this though, with THIS build you should have much more life and overall it is pretty tanky.

Like 6kish life with 1k ES and decent amount of evasion and such. Along with leech, some block, and a smattering of other things, you really shouldn't have much of an issue. Also AFAIK both IC and steelskin are both "guard" skills so they share a cooldown.

My suggestion - go back and follow my guide :P
"
Have i ever experience one shot dead.....

Thanks for the answers! I felt relief that is normal. I’m pretty new to this game and never got this far (uber elder defeated). My last league was like 3.0 may be before that. lol

I’ll try to upgrade my gear with max HP though. Thanks for the guide. This guide is good, easy too follow and so much info. Please keep up your work. I’ll try your other build as well. (after I’m satisfied with Winter Orb)
Hi guys
I play Icicle Mine with full set shaped. Can I use this set to play Winter Orb?? My Shaped set isn't good, so I don't know its useful or not...
Last edited by anhtuan3030 on Oct 26, 2019, 1:57:29 PM
This build is kind of solid but is not really good in defensives and boss killing.

If you look at top builds on PoE Ninja using TRICKSTER + WINTER ORB there is not even one player using this setup. They all went for ACROBATICS + PHASE ACROBATICS and some more Evasion 45% more from tree.
To do so you can drop the reduced reserve mana nodes and take ANGER off the auras (not that it add significant damage). If you opt for more survivability you can get the evasion flask + stibnite. CWDT+ Withering step and Immortal call. You can get some dodge spell hits or dodge attack hits on your boots too. To resolve the Single target damage issue TOTEM+MULTIPLE TOTEM+WITHER, just put the totems down in any situation when you need some more damage and they synergize so good that you can one shot every encounter (and almost deathless uber elder). I added vaal haste, vaal grace to the setup. Example: T16 Legion obelisk in a super juiced map as it should be usually on t16? you don t survive without a vaal grace!

To level to 100 they obviously went for easy maps with little threats.

Conclusion: I'm overall satisfied, nice build for everything, good clear speed but not exceptional, really expensive to gear and to be fully running (like def not a league starter), squishy as hell anyways. Bleeds can be deadly also when you get no corrupted blood implicts. Chaos damage is rare but it will kill you.

PS: Warn about how expensive the build is... most people will realize when they see 3 multimodded items (9-11ex just to craft not considering bases), a shaped chanced unique (7ex), eternity shroud (5ex), enlighten 4 (4 ex, you can still go for the lvl 3 when you take Eldritch Battery), shaped helmet lab enchanted base is (4-6 ex). And to add the cherry to the cake the amazing synthesis flask (32 fk ex!). If you go and craft yourself the belt and boots and ring and the amulet as the guide advise you o gosh it could be more than half a mirror build in Blight STD.
Updated for 3.9. Shaper mod for ele dmg as extra chaos nerfed down a good bit, but overall build remains unchanged.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Updated for 3.9. Shaper mod for ele dmg as extra chaos nerfed down a good bit, but overall build remains unchanged.

in ur FAQ you write that we can use all the auras becuz of Mastermind of Discord, but that passive isnt in the build?

im lost here, how do i run with 4 auras?

thanks for ur time
Last edited by Carben1 on Dec 15, 2019, 11:02:24 AM
"
Carben1 wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

in ur FAQ you write that we can use all the auras becuz of Mastermind of Discord, but that passive isnt in the build?

thanks for ur time

Just forgot to update the faq, we no longer go mastermind of discord because that was an elementalist ascendancy now we go trickster. However the auras are still temp chains + herald of ash + zealotry, temp chains is free so you can run other 2 auras fine.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Carben1 wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

thanks for ur time

Just forgot to update the faq, we no longer go mastermind of discord because that was an elementalist ascendancy now we go trickster. However the auras are still temp chains + herald of ash + zealotry, temp chains is free so you can run other 2 auras fine.

mind updateing this part?

6L Setup: Winter Orb - GMP - Cold to Fire - Infused Channeling - Conc effect - Ele Focus
4L Setup: (Vaal BV in helm for pseudo 6l): Vaal Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Cold to Fire - Conc effect
4L Setup: Hatred - Herald of Ash - Zealotry - Enlighten (lvl 4)
4L Setup: CWDT (lvl 1) - IC (lvl 3) - Inc Duration - Vaal Righteous Fire
3L Setup: Phase Run - Enhance - Precision
3L Setup: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Portal

/edit, dont mean to be an arse, i just want to try out ur build! :)
Last edited by Carben1 on Dec 15, 2019, 4:38:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info